TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Script for Impact on 1/3/08 (with working link)

Vince Russo's name is all over this, does this mean he wrote the show or what?

It means he was the producer of the interview segments in question (i.e. he was there when they were being taped supervising them and making sure everything got filmed the way they wanted it, I guess). I didn't know D'Lo was a producer for TNA.

It's most likely a fake, I doubt the matches are pre-scripted weeks ahead of time that ridiculously detailed, but it's still pretty damn amusing.

Question is.. will the show be re-written?

It's already in the can, so they can't change things too much from the script.

Are you kidding? This is a Vince Russo baby, the show will be rewritten thirty times the hour before it's scheduled to be taped.

Couple thoughts on that script...

Why don't they try giving the guys pointers to hit during their promos, and let them decide what Kurt Angle would say, or what Brother Ray would say. How are the rookies going to get better on the microphone by having to remember lines.

I actually would like to see Samoa Joe vs Kevin Nash just to see how it'd play out.

It's a real script.

How do you know?

On one of his most recent radio shows, Bryan Alvarez said that someone in TNA had sent him an actual script and that he was thinking of posting it sometime. Earlier tonight, whoever it was that sent him the script uploaded it and posted it on the F4W message board. I expect it'll get talked about at some point on WOL tonight if someone wants to call in and check the veracity of the script.

It's a real script.

How do you know?

On one of his most recent radio shows, Bryan Alvarez said that someone in TNA had sent him an actual script and that he was thinking of posting it sometime. Earlier tonight, whoever it was that sent him the script uploaded it and posted it on the F4W message board. I expect it'll get talked about at some point on WOL tonight if someone wants to call in and check the veracity of the script.

Oh that doesn't mean a damn thing. If I handed you a script and said "Someone from TNA gave this to me." would you believe it? Don't believe everything you hear/read, espically by a internet reporter.

Also, since the script has been leaked, the show will be re-written. There's no reason for it to stay the same now, besides that, Pro Wrestling booking gets changed all the time, even right before a show happens. If anything the script (if real) just tells what was planned before hand, that's really it.

It's already been taped...

And the results read pretty much the same as they do in the script.

It's a real script.

How do you know?

Oh that doesn't mean a damn thing. If I handed you a script and said "Someone from TNA gave this to me." would you believe it? Don't believe everything you hear/read, espically by a internet reporter.

Also, since the script has been leaked, the show will be re-written. There's no reason for it to stay the same now, besides that, Pro Wrestling booking gets changed all the time, even right before a show happens. If anything the script (if real) just tells what was planned before hand, that's really it.

First, knowing Bryan, he wouldn't [blatanly] lie like that. It would be suicide. Bob Ryder, yes. The WOL family over there, probably not.

Secondly, the script was leaked after the show was taped, presumably for the reasons you stated.

Oh i didn't know the show got taped already. Well I re-tract my statement, well kinda. I still say don't trust everything you hear/read from a internet reporter.

Am I doing something wrong? I tried to look at the script, and I get the usual pop-up window that allows me to save or open it, and oddly enough, both the OK and cancel buttons are grayed-out. Fucking Windows Vista.....

*Edit* It would figure as soon as I bitch about not being able to view the file, I am magically able to look at it.

If that was indeed a real script for the show, I will give TNA props in their organization. They have everything scripted from facial expressions, to which way the referee looks as they go to commercial. All these "beauty shots" are pretty funny to read about.

What part of "the show has already been taped" are some people not understanding here?

I understand that it was already taped. I think what a lot of people are finding hard to believe is that TNA has a show scripted down to things like "Wrestler A steps up to Wrestler B", "The referee gives his attention to guy on the outside while wrestler A sneaks in for an attack", or "Wrestler A roll-up Wrestler B for a close 2-count as we fade to commercial". Just odd to think they would be that meticulous in their scripting.

We'll, Tenay and West have been caught reading from the script on camera. I certainly believe it.

Guess you'll see if you choose to watch the show.