TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

The College Football Thread 12/20 - 12/30

Looking like we might have our first upset of the bowl season as Boise is down 14 to ECU in the 4th. Just a hunch we won't get an finish as exciting as last year's Fiesta Bowl.

Looking like we might have our first upset of the bowl season as Boise is down 14 to ECU in the 4th. Just a hunch we won't get an finish as exciting as last year's Fiesta Bowl.

Hey, how 'bout that.

Well shut my mouth. After seemingly the game was over after Boise State fumbled deep in ECU territory, the Broncos get a 50 yard fumble return for a touchdown to tie it with 1:25 left.

Now ECU needs to turn the tables and bust out their own hook and ladder right now.

Edit: Chipshot field goal ends it. Borrrrrrrrrring.

Well this certainly turned into a much better game than anyone could have anticipated, especially after it was 34-13 at halftime.

Bah, another field goal finish.

Never seen that before, someone on the Texas sideline touches the ball while it is in play and costs the Longhorns a huge turnover that at this point may have already put the game away if Texas had been able to keep the ball.

And ASU capitalizes with a touchdown on the next play. Unreal.

This is the first time Texas has bothered to show up all year. They've been sleepwalking the whole season (OK, they played OU fairly tough, but they still lost).

Jesus Christ, that Emerald Bowl was 1 of the most embarrassing football games I've ever witnessed. I was seriously wondering if most of these guys could chew gum and walk down the street at the same time by the 2nd quarter.

This bowl season may have brought me around on wanting a playoff. Normally I'm all about the bowls, but I probably haven't watched more than an hour of any game so far and missed most of them entirely. Not sure what it is.

Rick Neuheisel named UCLA head coach. I like the hire, he's proven he can coach in the Pac 10 with much success.

I'm as big a fan of defensive football as the next guy, but this Liberty Bowl is boring the shit out of me. Literally. I went to the bathroom and it was more interesting than this game. I'm hoping A&M/PSU is better, but statistically speaking it's either going to be just as big a defensive struggle or a PSU blowout, neither of which interests me at this time.

Guest Vitamin X
Rick Neuheisel named UCLA head coach. I like the hire, he's proven he can coach in the Pac 10 with much success.

Considering he was the quarterbacks coach/offensive coordinator for the Baltimore Ravens the past couple years, I think that's even better news for all the other Pac-10 teams and for the Ravens.

But hey, if he wants to whore out chicks to lure recruits again like he did at Colorado, what better place to do it than at UCLA.

I'm as big a fan of defensive football as the next guy, but this Liberty Bowl is boring the shit out of me. Literally. I went to the bathroom and it was more interesting than this game. I'm hoping A&M/PSU is better, but statistically speaking it's either going to be just as big a defensive struggle or a PSU blowout, neither of which interests me at this time.

That that was tough to watch. Miss State should thank there defense and Kyle Isreal for that game. God damn when that guy is bad, he's down right awful.