Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tzar Lysergic

The last week of the NFL season.

Who is the MVP of the league?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Tom Brady
    • Sean Taylor

God, the Lions are awful (especially the 2nd half of the season). How they got to 7 wins with this defense is beyond me. This loss will put Matt Millen's record as GM at 31-81.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I think Wolfe's biggest size-related problem is going to be pass protection. He's looked pretty iffy thus far, and good linebackers are too athletic to just cut block.

Guest My Pal, the Tortoise

So, looks like New Orleans won't get rebuilt for another year. I don't think they're pulling this one off. Besides, who cares about New Orleans? Sean Taylor died.

Looks like the Browns are going to get the win, so are they in no matter what the Titans do, or do they still need a Titans loss?

Jacksonville must've taken the game off because they lost to the Texans by a lot.

Lovie Smith is the new Mike Tice.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

It's totally dependent on Tennessee. Titans win and they're in; lose and they're out. The Browns could've lost today and still made it.

I'm really shocked that Lovie got that challenge. Also, that safety call was kinda bullshit, but hey, two points, neat. We had a safety in last year's New Orleans game as well.

Suffice to say that this was one disappointing Bears season. Not a lot to take from this. I like what we've seen from Greg Olsen, Garrett Wolfe, Devin Hester, and even Kyle Orton and Other Adrian Peterson, but there's so much broken with this team. I think we saw Jerry Angelo cede some of his power to Lovie Smith as a reward, letting Lovie fire Rivera and bring in Babich, as well as Archuleta, "his guy." The results of those moves mean that we'll probably see Angelo take that power back. Ron Turner is a dead duck, and I dont like Babich's odds either. Brian Griese is traded away for whatever we can get, and now I'm seriously doubting that Rex Grossman gets that one-year "we-swear-we-didn't-make-a-bad-draft-pick" extension now, with a season of both injury AND ineffectiveness. The running back situation is seriously worrisome, however, as is the arthritic old offensive line.

Buffalo finishes with a 7-9 record for the second year in a row. It could have been a lot worse but they probably should have had at least two more wins. Lynch is looking a solid pro already even if his physical style will probably wear him out. Edwards looked solid at times but at others he looked extremely mediocre. Same thing with the offensive line. Hopefully a new offensive coordinator will help with some of these problems. The defense was shoddy pretty much all year long but with so many starters on the IR it was probably to be expected (not that the defense with the starters is that much better anyway). Next year should be interesting for this team.

So am I one of the few people who has a doubleheader on both stations today? I had Carolina/TB and Jax/Houston at 1, and have Dallas/Washington and Pittsburgh/Baltimore at 4.

I have to agree with you Czech that Dick Stockton seems to be openly rooting against the Bears for some reason.

I think this is the first Bears game I've seen him announce this year and it's obvious.

So am I one of the few people who has a doubleheader on both stations today? I had Carolina/TB and Jax/Houston at 1, and have Dallas/Washington and Pittsburgh/Baltimore at 4.

This is a rare week when both networks have doubleheaders, as I just found out.

I have to agree with you Czech that Dick Stockton seems to be openly rooting against the Bears for some reason.

I think this is the first Bears game I've seen him announce this year and it's obvious.

Joe Buck is worse in his anti-Chicago bias, but that's understandable, because he's a St. Louis guy. I know nothing of Dick Stockton's local ties because he doesn't wear them on his sleeve like Joe, who also nurses a NY Giants man-crush. Still, Dick is pretty bad when it comes to covering our teams, whether it's the obvious rooting against, or sheer Adolfo Soriano/Angel Pecan incompetence.

This is a rare week when both networks have doubleheaders, as I just found out.

When I first saw it, I thought it was just some week 17 thing, but then everyone else started talking about just having one second game, so I got confused.

If I must endure the Patriots in the Super Bowl I better not also have to endure the Cowboys with Tony Romo. That is pretty much the epitome of a heel vs. heel matchup. At least with NE vs. GB there would be the cool "Can Favre win one more big one and beat an invincible juggernaut?" storyline. And to be honest, we already know that NE will crush the Cowboys. I could stomach the Colts vs. Cowboys, Patriots vs. Packers, Colts vs. Packers....but please not Patriots vs. Cowboys.

It feels bizarre saying this since I've never really hated the Cowboys, but I think this year that they are wildly lucky and Romo is insanely overrated. The Patriots may have had some breaks, but at least have won with their own skills for the most part. I've quite literally seen Buffalo and Detroit hand Dallas games. The Cowboys are basically a slightly more talented version of the Bears with Rex Grossman.

You're an idiot.

How will we know what teams are going to win without cabbageboy's brilliant (and never just going with the favored team in every single instence) predictions?

Inspired effort from the Cowboys today. I think I'm gonna go grocery shopping during the second half.

Or maybe cabbageboy was right all along and they've just been really lucky this whole time...

Looking more and more like we're heading to the STMPE, which would make the NFC a total wash for me as there's not a single team I can get behind

Man oh man... like I've said before Chargers are winning the Super Bowl this year. We're going to get the Pittsburgh path, of hopefully someone taking out the Pats for us... too bad there is no Rat magic since the Broncs fucking suck. He seems to have one of those weird things of owning the Pats and Belercheck

...Come on Ravens, do something right for once this fucking year and put the Steelers away.