TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
treble

NHL January 08

That's what I was implying -- have all division winners make the playoffs, regardless of their standing in the conference, but then seed the eight playoff teams according to record. Carolina would be the eighth seed in this case.

Guest Chumpstain
What happens if the All Star Game ends in a tie?

The last time an All-Star Game ended in a tie was 1969, and.. well, it was a tie. Just like regular season ties back then.

In 2003, they did a shootout after overtime to determine a winner. That was before the shootout was officially adopted to end tied regular season games. I think it's safe to say that it would still be used now.

Nice to see that they got the game in at the morgue last night. Jesus Christ, that crowd was fucking dead. And for a good game too.

With little surprise or fanfare Teemu Selanne is back with the Ducks and will travel with the team on their road trip starting this week.

Shoulda went out and gotten Mats Sundin with all those pretty pretty draft picks.

With little surprise or fanfare Teemu Selanne is back with the Ducks and will travel with the team on their road trip starting this week.

I think this is absolutely ridiculous.

Neidermayer was bad enough, but this is too much. It's been wayyyyy too long, and although I know there was no cut-off date or whatever, but there very well should have. Now a well-rested Selanne is coming back to play for less than 3 months? That has to help the Ducks playoff bid, big time.

Does LA still have goaltending problems? They could use Ray Ray, maybe for one of their goalies and a depth player. Or they could trade Emery to Chicago...I think they have a cheap goalie there that has been playing well lately. Add him and Ottawa can't possibly lose.

I'd take Emery for something like Aubin and Nagy. I wouldn't give anything more than that, because we have far more problems than what's in goal.

2007-2008

Ray Emery

Games: 20

W-L-OTL: 8-7-3

SV%: .891

GAA: 2.95

Shutouts: 0

Marty Turco

Games: 38

W-L-OTL: 20-11-4

SV%: .906

GAA: 2.42

Shutouts: 1

Their career stats are even more telling..

Tsn had been saying that Dallas was ready to give Smith the full-time gig, and trade Turco for one of Tampa's Big Three.

That'd be a hell of a move there.

Guest Blue Man Czech

With the playoffs too far out of reach, look for Martin Havlat and Robert Lang to be available, perhaps for a goaltender that isn't fucking terrible. I thought this would be the year, but you lose eight games in a row, these things happen.

With the playoffs too far out of reach, look for Martin Havlat and Robert Lang to be available, perhaps for a goaltender that isn't fucking terrible. I thought this would be the year, but you lose eight games in a row, these things happen.

Havlat? I know he's injury prone, but he's young (only 26) and a pretty talented player. Is he on the last year of his contract or something?

4 goals, 1 assist....piece of cake right?

Ovechkin is on FIRE!

Not too mention a cut below the eye and a broken nose too.

I'm sorry, but he is the face of hockey. He is what hockey is supposed to be.

Antropov will be suspended for three games after receiving to misconducts in OT plus abusing the official.

I'm curious to see how Maurice responds to this