TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dandy

TSM Kangaroo Court

I thought of this while we were having a discussion in the "100 reasons...WWE sucks" thread. Why not start a jury of 12 posters (non-mods) that can settle our petty indifferences? I think if the 12 were selected by a majority vote, it would be quite fair.

Example:

Let's use myself and El Gigante (first poster listed after me on the online members list). El Gigante thinks I have been making an ass out of myself in the Movies folder. I am bringing biased opinions and disrupting the flow of the thread. Nothing to be banned over, but it is off-putting. He takes me to Kangaroo Court, where a decision is made on my punishment, if any. Or, punishment could be brought on El Gigante for wrongfully bringing me to KangarooCourt so the system is not abused. The jurors may find that I am not allowed to derail threads in the movie folder for one month, or I will be presented to the mods for banning. Whatever, you see how it would work. Also, it doesn't necessarily have to be a jury of 12, I just want to see "12 Angry Men" play out when dannymaffwasmurdered is the only one who believes Marvinisalunatic is not guilty and he has to plead his case until he sways the other 11 jurors.

I object to the nearly universal usage of the term "just jealous". Just jealous? When I'm jealous, I'm not solely or minimally jealous, I'm fucking jealous. Accuse me of being jealous without being condescending. Jealousy is a powerful emotion.

I object to the nearly universal usage of the term "just jealous". Just jealous? When I'm jealous, I'm not solely or minimally jealous, I'm fucking jealous. Accuse me of being jealous without being condescending. Jealousy is a powerful emotion.

I see your point, but the manner in which it is widely used (as it was in my post) is "the reason your are jealous," not literally "you are just jealous."

Point taken, though.

Hey, if the court comes up with rulings such as "Marvin can't say WWF or Wii anymore" or "EHME will be banned the next time he starts 'gettin up in sum budyz grill'", it's a great idea.

Let's all nominate KOAB. If he doesn't show, he gets banned.

Agreed

I'd also like to nominate Kinetic. He's a slightly less condescending Incadenza and lord knows we need a hipster on this jury.

Hey, if the court comes up with rulings such as "Marvin can't say WWF or Wii anymore" or "EHME will be banned the next time he starts 'gettin up in sum budyz grill'", it's a great idea.

I dont know why that bothers people..

It's not easy to raise my hand and send an account off to be banned without talking about it first... We're talking about somebody's life here. We can't decide in five minutes. Supposin' we're wrong.

It's not easy to raise my hand and send an account off to be banned without talking about it first... We're talking about somebody's life here. We can't decide in five minutes. Supposin' we're wrong.

Well, I'm not used to supposin'. I'm just a workin' man. My boss does all the supposin' - but I'll try one. Supposin' you talk us all out of this and, uh, the kid really did talk about the Baltimore Ravens too much?

Edit---I probably should have quoted the real follow-up about the whole "Forum" crashing down on our heads, but I like this quote better.

Guest My Pal, the Tortoise

I dont know why that bothers people..

Because nobody understands what it means. It's stupid. Luckily, WW e F and W ! ! are filtered out.