TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Impact spoilers for 1/17

Yeah, they got after it pretty darn good after the last break.

Clean win is always surprising in the main event (...that's incredibly sad isn't it?)

Off topic...but I saw on the TNA site that they are actually going to do the next 2 ppvs on the road which is awesome.

And since Lockdown is one of their "big" shows, I'd guess it will turn into the next 3.

No spoiler thread for the Tokyo Dome show? Guess not.

Anyway, between the Christian/Joe/Styles match and the Angle/Nagata match, I feel like I got a hell of a night of wrestling. Without having an in-depth knowledge of the situation, I thought that Angle would definitely be jobbing the IWGP title back so it was a surprise to see him retain in another pretty damn good match.

I only watch TNA and WWE about an hour each every month anymore, but the hour I spend on TNA is always about 5x as enjoyable as when I turn that other crap on. The only reason I watch the WWE ever is that they have so much damn programming time that I end up happening across it more, whereas TNA's still just short of destination viewing so I usually don't watch unless I happen to notice that it's on.

Memo to TNA: replace Russo, Mantell, et al with whoever put together the Global Impact special. That was so amazingly tasteful and well-produced that comparing it to regular Impact was a night & day difference.

I really don't want them to do anything more with 'Stone Cold' Sharkboy. With Russo at the helm it will just be another Black Machismo type gimmick. Sharkboy is fine as Sharkboy.

Last night's Impact did a 1.2 rating and 1.62 million viewers. The viewership level was the highest in the history of the show. We don't have a rating for Global Impact other than it did 949,000 viewers.

Source: Meltzer

People are suckers for silly UT/Kane inspired nonsense like the Mitchell/Abyss storyline, hence the decent rating. The really hilarious aspect of this is that Mitchell is only 8 years older than Abyss (Mitchell is 42, Abyss is 34), so this angle is completely insane on every level. Hell, with Paul Bearer and Kane at least Bearer is 13 years older so it's theoretically possible UT's mom could have seduced a young mortician's assistant.

I have to comment on this Russo hilarity that is the Kaz/Black Reign feud. They are actually feuding because Kaz stole his rat. Think about that and see if you can sleep at night.

Mitchell is 42

What?! No way. I knew Jim personally and hung out with him several times a few years back, and up close, that was not the face of a man under 40.

Hell, with Paul Bearer and Kane at least Bearer is 13 years older so it's theoretically possible UT's mom could have seduced a young mortician's assistant.

Which is is indeed a story he tells, if you ever see the hilarious ROH shoot he did with Jim Cornette.

Well, I don't know 100% for sure, just quoting Wikipedia actually...on there Mitchell's birthday is Feb. 26, 1965. So he will be 43 soon.

This storyline is all the most amusing considering on 24/7 right now they are showing the Raw with Paul Bearer dropping hints about UT's disturbing past and UT is unsure of how to deal with it. This angle obviously is about 10x better than the current Mitchell/Abyss silliness.

Guest MadManOnTheWater
I have to comment on this Russo hilarity that is the Kaz/Black Reign feud. They are actually feuding because Kaz stole his rat. Think about that and see if you can sleep at night.

Feuding because one guy stole another guy's something is a fairly standard angle, isn't it? Personally, I think Kaz should make a rat burger and feed it to Dustin.