• Randy Moss
    • Eli Manning
    • Plaxico Burress
    • Laurence Maroney
    • Brandon Jacobs
    • Other
    • A Patriots defensive player
    • A Giants defensive player

What the fuck buisness is it of the Government what a Private company does within itself? Is there a law in this country that says you cant videotape opposing coaches?

The NFL is not a private company. They have anti-trust exemption granted from the United States government.

I never understand why people get upset when Congress meddles with the affairs of professional sports. It's part of their job. They don't all spend the day sitting around discussing Iraq. There are committees who have the responsibility to oversee major corporations with spheres of influence over American economy and culture. I'd be worried if they weren't taking a closer look at the business doings of these multi-billion dollar industries.

That being said, Spygate was the biggest non-story made into something that I can remember. Just let it die.

Guest Blue Man Czech

Cartman and JangoFett have done exemplary jobs displaying why nobody wants the Patriots to win.

Why? Because I think it's grandstanding and moronic that a Senator (Eagles Fan) is going after the NFL because they destroyed tapes from 2006 and preseason 2007 games? Gimme a break. The Pats didn't break any laws, all they did was break a rule. A rule that only says you cannot tape opposing teams from the sidelines. It's perfectly legal to tape the opposing coaches from anywhere else in the building and every team does this.

Oh and i'm pretty sure there are just a few people who want the Pats to win on sunday. Just a hunch. Assclown.

Guest Blue Man Czech
Why? Because I think it's grandstanding and moronic that a Senator (Eagles Fan) is going after the NFL because they destroyed tapes from 2006 and preseason 2007 games?

I'd like to think that Arlen Specter is motivated by larger factors than liking the fuckin' Philadelphia Eagles. What a retarded response. Perhaps he, like many of us, finds himself agitated with the NFL's dictatorial policies, and he, unlike many of us, is in a position to do something about it. I think there's more at stake here than just the whereabouts of these tapes. It's about reeling in the "Why? Because we said so" stance that the league takes on so many issues, and using the antitrust exemption as a threat to effect necessary change.

I've got to say, the timing here is suspect. If he was really concerned, why wait until now if this is for something other than spectacle? Meh. Thus is politics.

I got a chuckle out of Tom Brady being on the injury report not for his boot, but for his right shoulder. It's been troubling him for approximately seven years.

Guest Blue Man Czech
I've got to say, the timing here is suspect. If he was really concerned, why wait until now if this is for something other than spectacle? Meh. Thus is politics.

Then when should he say it? If he brings it up during the season, he's a distraction. If he brings it up in a bye week, he's a spectacle. Offseason, he's irrelevant. When is it the right time to say that the NFL is walking the line when it cavalierly decides to destroy tapes?

I know this is going to sound strange, but um, gee shucks, I dono, how about when they destroy the tapes? Every media outlet was covering the video tape scandal as soon as it broke and for weeks after- what's one Senator going to add? I doubt you're dumb enough about politics to really believe they didn't consider the timing of this letter. Bringing it up the weekend before the Super Bowl is hardly doing it in a bye week considering the media blitz is vomit-inducing. Seriously, your Patriot hate can't make you that naive.

Hey, New England fans. Try being a Colts fan and surviving in these threads for the last five years, with Cartman and Jango and about 25 other of their kind waiting to pounce with every "chokejob" in the playoffs or every loss to the Pats, and then tell me how "tiresome" the Patriot hate is. Until then, stfu. :)

Man, they probably found Belicheck sucking off Bob kraft with tom brady beating off in the background, and randy moss came beatdown a woman trying to get in on the fun, while teddy brushci had a stroker and vince wilfork came by poked his eye out and then fucked his eye socket.

It's no wonder why they just destroyed the tapes

So it's being reported that the Patriots filmed the Rams walk-through the day before their Super Bowl game a few years ago. The period between then and the beginning of this season would obviously encompass the three SB victories New England's had this decade, and there's no reason to believe that they stopped taping their opponents at any point prior to the second week of this season. It might be time to pull out the asterisks (*).

Guest Blue Man Czech
There are very good explanations why the tapes were destroyed by our staff -- there was no purpose for them.

Ironclad!

I suspect that Arlen Spector's heart is in the right place here, but I can't help but feel that his campaign to get to the bottom of this situation will be undermined by his strong physical resemblance to the Noid:

story.jpgnoid2.gif

Uncanny.

YOUR Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2008:

Art Monk (FINALLY)

Andre Tippett

Gary Zimmerman

Fred Dean

Darrell Green

Emmitt Thomas

Edited by KingPK

So it's being reported that the Patriots filmed the Rams walk-through the day before their Super Bowl game a few years ago. The period between then and the beginning of this season would obviously encompass the three SB victories New England's had this decade, and there's no reason to believe that they stopped taping their opponents at any point prior to the second week of this season. It might be time to pull out the asterisks (*).

Oh yeah, this story was around in the '02 offseason as well. No proof=no care.

Guest Vitamin X

Super Bowl predictions if they were written by famous authors.

My favorites are Ayn Rand and Kerouac.

Hey, New England fans. Try being a Colts fan and surviving in these threads for the last five years, with Cartman and Jango and about 25 other of their kind waiting to pounce with every "chokejob" in the playoffs or every loss to the Pats, and then tell me how "tiresome" the Patriot hate is. Until then, stfu.

Try being a Packers fan and surviving in these threads for the last few years as well, with fans of just about every other NFC team ostracizing your team solely based on the media attention your HOF quarterback (supposedly) receives. Not to mention the constant mentioning of fellatio, and then the sexual acts of various Wisconsinites and "gunslinger!" "havin fun out there!".. oh, and my favorite? The fact that, DESPITE the constant media attention, DESPITE how many times his name is repeated in print media, that still few people can spell FAVRE correctly. V BEFORE R. Yeesh. There are 52 other guys on that team, worth much more mentioning at times than Brett Favre. There's only 3 Packers fans around these days that I know of- myself, snuffy, and Kahran. There aren't many Colts fans around here, either, I know, but every one has to deal with some kind of shit with their favorite team.

Man Darrell Green is just taking over his HOF news conference. Rich Eisen must need to be held back from slapping him off the podium at this point.

Guest Warriorfan

Giants 31 Patriots 28

Manning MVP

The Canyon of Heroes has been empty for too long! :headbang:

Super Bowl predictions if they were written by famous authors.

My favorites are Ayn Rand and Kerouac.

Hey, New England fans. Try being a Colts fan and surviving in these threads for the last five years, with Cartman and Jango and about 25 other of their kind waiting to pounce with every "chokejob" in the playoffs or every loss to the Pats, and then tell me how "tiresome" the Patriot hate is. Until then, stfu.

Try being a Packers fan and surviving in these threads for the last few years as well, with fans of just about every other NFC team ostracizing your team solely based on the media attention your HOF quarterback (supposedly) receives. Not to mention the constant mentioning of fellatio, and then the sexual acts of various Wisconsinites and "gunslinger!" "havin fun out there!".. oh, and my favorite? The fact that, DESPITE the constant media attention, DESPITE how many times his name is repeated in print media, that still few people can spell FAVRE correctly. V BEFORE R. Yeesh. There are 52 other guys on that team, worth much more mentioning at times than Brett Favre. There's only 3 Packers fans around these days that I know of- myself, snuffy, and Kahran. There aren't many Colts fans around here, either, I know, but every one has to deal with some kind of shit with their favorite team.

What about me? I've been a Packers fan since childhood.

I know this is going to sound strange, but um, gee shucks, I dono, how about when they destroy the tapes? Every media outlet was covering the video tape scandal as soon as it broke and for weeks after- what's one Senator going to add? I doubt you're dumb enough about politics to really believe they didn't consider the timing of this letter. Bringing it up the weekend before the Super Bowl is hardly doing it in a bye week considering the media blitz is vomit-inducing. Seriously, your Patriot hate can't make you that naive.

Well, given that Specter sent letters to Goodell on two separate occasions in the fall, I think that should qualify as trying to deal with the issue then. Since Goodell essentially told him to go fuck himself by waiting until Jan. 31st to send him a letter back, I would say Specter is in the right to embarrass him a bit.

I love the article by Pasquerelli on ESPN's site by the way. I think he needs to shoehorn a few more Eagles references in there to really make the point that Specter is only doing this because the Eagles lost.

Arlen's second biggest campaign contributor just happens to be Comcast. The same Comcast that just happens to be in a bitter battle with the NFL over the NFL Network. Arlen is just doing the bidding for his corporate interest.

Not a report. More like a rumor from an unnamed source. News reports generally have proof or evidence of some sort.

Guest Vitamin X
What about me? I've been a Packers fan since childhood.

I rarely saw you or for that matter, Invader3k, around in the NFL threads this season. Thus, not included. There's also that Robert guy who works as a cop in Wisconsin, although I'm not entirely sure if he's around anymore. He was a good poster.

Then when should he say it? If he brings it up during the season, he's a distraction. If he brings it up in a bye week, he's a spectacle. Offseason, he's irrelevant. When is it the right time to say that the NFL is walking the line when it cavalierly decides to destroy tapes?

He compared it to the CIA concealing and destroying interrogation tapes. Come the fuck on, how can anyone take him seriously after that?

Im in the box pool at work. If the last number of the scores are 3 for NY and 2 for NE I win $100 for each quarter it happens and $200 for the final score.

Thus Im predicting a final score of 32-23 New England..

the whole "23" thing isn't lost on me either..the game is being played on 2/3..whee!