TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

Former American Gladiator Host Mike Adamle Joins WWE

in a guantlet match............................in a guantlet match

He was fine...well before Jericho became champ. It was kind of strange to have a GM that was dead in the middle of the heel/face scale. He should've expanded his reasoning of putting Cole in that tag team match the night he became GM. Monday, it seemed like he forgot his lines so he did a shoot and quit on air.

Good. Maybe now he can go back to American Gladiators. Him and Csonka kick the shit out of Hogan and Ali.

Is Hogan still doing Gladiators now that he started up "Hulk Hogan's Celebrity Wrestling"?

This isn't really shocking. He was a flop as an interviewer in the time he tried that, then he tanked even worse as a lead announcer. Oddly enough being a GM was probably the best role he had in WWE, but the thing is you could never figure if he was a heel, face, neither, or just incompetent.

That said, if this leads to some sort of Shane/Steph power struggle on Raw, I might want Adamle back.

He's better off. Adamle always sounded insanely nervous on the mic but they kept trying to salvage him to no avail. The only reason he was made GM was to play off the fact that fans were legitimatley annoyed at him for his commentating and interviewing.

Good. Maybe now he can go back to American Gladiators. Him and Csonka kick the shit out of Hogan and Ali.

Is Hogan still doing Gladiators now that he started up "Hulk Hogan's Celebrity Wrestling"?

I've heard nothing official, but I would be surprised if the show is due back at all. They got really lucky that they debuted during a writer's strike - season 2 was not a ratings winner.

Edit: Apparently a 3rd season is due for Summer 09.

this should be ana gnle on American Gladiators.

The glaadiators kleep losing, and Adamle and Hogan are upset then oneday backstage all gladiators are layed out and like Wofl is dead, then the contestants high five and are like "YES WE WIN" then Hogan is like NOT SO FAST BROTHER, NEW GLADIATORS..... then out comes Benjamin "THE GOLD STANDARD BROTHER" out comes Umaga "SAMOAN SAVAGE BROTHER" then the pyro goes off "ANBD KANE BROTHER"

if tna dudes are gladiators, why not WWE guys? I would love to see be njamin as a gladiator

If though Adamle was good as a backstage interviewer. His experience in football on on AG gave WWE a little bit of a hint of legitimacy. I still have no idea why anyone would pay him 300k however.

If though Adamle was good as a backstage interviewer. His experience in football on on AG gave WWE a little bit of a hint of legitimacy. I still have no idea why anyone would pay him 300k however.

I imagine the thought process was that hiring Adamle gave WWE some credibility, so it was worth the money.

Guest Israeli Mixed Wrestling
Sure does. Also, Jen Patterson is hot. They clearly hired the wrong Chicago sports personality.

Whoa, I go in the WWE folder on a whim and I get a Jen-Jen the Engine reference on TSM. Who knew.

She's not hot, by the way, and I think she's sucked Mike North's dick for real. Also, one of the worst on-air voices I've ever heard in my life, and was one of the worst at the Score, which is like a cavalcade of bad radio voices.

"Mike Adamle appears to be done as a TV character at this point" is the exact wording of the situation from the latest F4W, so perhaps with his big contract they need to find a non-TV role for him.

From the Observer:

Mike Adamle was very upset when he got to television and told that plans had changed and that was going to be his last show.

Sounds like the opposite of the PWI reported amicable split.

this should be ana gnle on American Gladiators.

The glaadiators kleep losing, and Adamle and Hogan are upset then oneday backstage all gladiators are layed out and like Wofl is dead, then the contestants high five and are like "YES WE WIN" then Hogan is like NOT SO FAST BROTHER, NEW GLADIATORS..... then out comes Benjamin "THE GOLD STANDARD BROTHER" out comes Umaga "SAMOAN SAVAGE BROTHER" then the pyro goes off "ANBD KANE BROTHER"

if tna dudes are gladiators, why not WWE guys? I would love to see be njamin as a gladiator

:huh: