New Jersey @ Atlanta, 7:00

Orlando @ Indiana, 7:00

LA Clippers @ Cleveland, 7:30

Utah @ Memphis, 8:00

Houston @ Milwaukee, 8:30

Charlotte @ Denver, 9:00

Chicago @ Sacramento, 10:00

New York @ Seattle, 10:00

Yes, the Knicks have a game on ESPN this week.

Edited by alfdogg

As if I needed another reason to hate the Warriors, they're expected to sign Chris Webber in the next couple days.

I just don't understand what it would take to get Mike Woodson fired now. The team keeps blowing big leads thanks to his "Okay, I know we are up 17 right now because we have been getting out on the break....so lets just Iso joe on the wing for the entire 4th quarter. Yes I know it hasn't worked ONE time in the game, but hey, what the hell"

Not to mention that Joe Johnson has been a sulking ass this year. I swear that guy is mad because everyone around him got better. Josh Smith is having an allstar year, Marvin williams is averaging right at 17 a game, but if the jackass coach would realize that he is probably the most complete offensive weapon they have, he could be up around 24-25 a game right now. His 31 he had against Seattle was complete effortless. But Joe was favoring his ankle and Marvin just became the focal point of the offense.

The Hawks should still make the playoffs. But I pray that Mike Woodson doesn't make it past this west coast swing.

I'm with you Ripper. Did Woodson call the play in where Joe Johnson launches a deep prayer with 2 seconds left and down by only 1? Did he tell JJ to dribble out the shot clock and try and beat Brandon Roy, resulting in an airball and a 24 second violation? Because those are two of the shittiest plays you could finish a close game with. Joe did put up buckets of points but that is some lousy coaching.

When he is fired, who do you see as a viable replacement?

Also of the West playoff picture looks awesome right now. If it started today (I might be wrong on the matchups a little):

New Orleans vs Portland

Phoenix vs Golden State

Dallas vs LA Lakers

Denver vs San Antonio

Utah is just inches out of it and Houston isn't too far back either. If Kidd ends up out West its gonna be nuts.

I personally don't care who they replace him with. I would love for Paul Westphal to get another chance at the coaching ranks, but ANY coach would be a simple upgrade. Woodson makes simple mistakes. I was hoping that the Nets would keep losing without making a trade and do something dumb like fire Lawrence Frank.

As if I needed another reason to hate the Warriors, they're expected to sign Chris Webber in the next couple days.

Chris Webber back in a Warriors uniform and being coached by Don Nelson are a couple of things I never thought I'd ever see again. Their feud in '94 sent this franchise into a tailspin that it didn't get out of until last season and now they're reunited. Hopefully it doesn't send the season into a tailspin.

I still don't see how Webber's going to work in that system. He hasn't been the same since he tore up his knee in the playoffs that one year. He really should have went back to Detroit, I think he needs to be in a more slow-it-down system to be really effective.

Good win by the Jazz tonight, and I think they are now 9 games over .500 and still in the 9 spot.

The funny thing about the West is that (even though it is early) I still think 4-5 teams could come out of the West depending on the matchups.

And in an insomniac change of subject, how about this Jason Kidd trade?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/trad...&cash=22:17

I think Webber will be a good fit with the Warriors. Their whole system is based on versatility of skills and he's about as versatile a big as you can get. He's a great passer from anywhere on the court and can score inside and out. They like to spread out their offense to get 1 on 1 opportunities and outside shots, Webber's skills can fit perfectly in that system. Figure he'll be playing 20-25 minutes a night for now, mainly at center, as long as he's kept himself in game shape he should be a fine addition to their team.

Kind of ironic to see him reunited with Nelson, but they're both way more mature at this point, they should embrace this and flourish together.

Also, it's been rumoured that Jason Kidd and his agent have approached the Nets asking for a trade. Supposedly Dallas and Denver are the most interested right now.

If the playoffs started today:

East

(1) Boston vs (8) Indiana

(2) Detroit vs (7) Atlanta

(3) Orlando vs (6) Washington

(4) Cleveland vs (5) Toronto

The difference between 8th and 13th in the East is 2 games.

West

(1) New Orleans vs (8) Portland

(2) Phoenix vs (7) Golden State

(3) Dallas vs (6) LA Lakers

(4) Utah vs (5) San Antonio (SA would have HCA)

Also, look at the wins in the Northwest.

Utah 27

Portland 26

Denver 26

Seattle 9

Minnesota 8

You know what amuses me about the league this year? At the start of the season, people were talking about how the east was "back," and now, heading to the All-Star break, those same people are saying that the east is as bad as it's ever been. Now, don't get me wrong, the east IS worse than the west, and if the season ended tonight, two teams below .500 will make the playoffs in the east, while two teams above .500 will not make the playoffs in the west.

And yet:

1) Four of the five worst records in the league are in the western conference: Minnesota, (Miami), Seattle, LA Clippers, Memphis.

2) You would think that, since the east is worse than the west, then the shitty teams in the west would at least be able to get wins against the east... but they can't. In fact, of the five teams below .500, only one (Sacramento) has a winning record against the east.

What's up with that?

It's actually kinda simple.

Bottom of the West gets beaten on like hell by the rest of the West. It gets harder to win even against subpar competition when you're getting drilled every other night. Four of the five worst records are in the West because the East is one giant pack of shitty teams, after the top three. In the West, it's a giant pack of good teams, except for the bottom 5.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, you get slaughtered every night, your will gets broken. As a result, you continue to get slaughtered, even when facing teams of an equal or slightly better talent level. For all the talk about Miami's losing streak, Seattle's lost 14 in a row. Just look at the teams they faced, it explains how impossible it becomes to believe you can actually win a game.

Yeah, but... not only is Sacramento the only team with a winning record against the east, they and Seattle are the only two teams with losing records in the west that even have more of their total wins against the east than they do against the west. Memphis has more than half their wins against the West. Same with Minnesota, same with the Clippers. That doesn't make sense.

In the case of Memphis, they've played most of the "top" Eastern Conference teams. Of the junk teams Memphis played (Chicago, Miami, Philadelphia and Indiana) they beat 3 of the 4. If we add Milwaukee to that group, we can say 3 of 5. I don't think Charlotte's that bad, so I left them out.

I can't say the same for the Clippers, and both the T-Wolves and Sonics are among the worst basketball teams I've ever had the displeasure of watching, so, you're right, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I think the Sonics have beaten one team of worth this season. That's fuckin' sad.

Well, West and East teams only play each other twice a year. You should have more wins against your own conference than against the other conference, even if you do play in the stronger conference. I don't really think it's any more complex than that.

I'd say the East has more than 3 good teams. They have 6 teams that can do playoff damage (not against the West though) and all but one of those are good TEAMS with depth (the Cavs are basically Lebron and thin air). So the East isn't just 3 teams and then nothing.

When the Lakers scored 120 last night, I think that's the most I've seen a team score when they've played like crap. Still a win...

The best thing about last night is that Luke Walton's going to be out, with a hip pointer. He's been playing terrible, so while he's out for a few weeks some of our players who actually produce can take his spot on the court and give us quality minutes.

When the Lakers scored 120 last night, I think that's the most I've seen a team score when they've played like crap. Still a win...

The best thing about last night is that Luke Walton's going to be out, with a hip pointer. He's been playing terrible, so while he's out for a few weeks some of our players who actually produce can take his spot on the court and give us quality minutes.

I have a feeling this might come back to haunt you.

I was rooting for the Hawks to lose by 60 last night but it didn't happen. If they lose again tonight by 30 to the clippers (PROBABLY not gonna happen) then that would be just as good.

Or they should just hire a male, underaged hooker to randomly show up in Mike Woodsons room or something. Just get that guy fired.

I think that Portland game, coupled with this Phoenix game and one more embarrasing loss could do it. I think that the owners will see we can actually make the playoffs and won't want to miss that chance.

OR

The owners are cheap fucks and don't want to have to pay a coach to sit at home and another coach, so they will keep him till the end of the year and not resign him.