TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
J.B. Buzzkill

Article on 2000 U. of Washington football team.

The Seattle Times just put out an article tracking the 2000 football team; the last year it was worth a damn at U-Dub:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/victoryandruins/

Very well done, and if you didn't hate Jerramy Stevens before reading this, you will afterward. Now I'm pissed again that Purdue couldn't beat these guys.

Guest Smues

I've been reading this throughout the week as they add new chapters. It's damn depressing for someone who loved watching that team play. But today's entry on Anthony Kelley was a positive story for once.

And yeah Jerramy Stevens is pretty much scum.

It's like they had to put the one good story in there to stop people from wanting to burn down the Athletic Department on U of W's campus.

I read this right before I went to bed last night (Chapter 1 - Stevens). I had to look at other stuff because it made me sick. I always just thought he was a big mouth who couldn't back it up. Didn't know how big of a piece of shit he was (is).

I loved the comment from the police, disgusted with the fact charges were not pressed "we find it hard to believe a woman would consent to anal intercourse in an alley."

Guest Vitamin X
"I thought he should have been charged. I think most people in the Police Department thought he should have been charged. From the police perspective, I think there was overwhelming evidence that a crime had occurred. And then I think we should have left it to a jury to decide.

"I think we just felt, in our unit and in the Police Department as a whole, that this case was handled differently. And we felt it was because he was a University of Washington football star."

Wow.. Just simply... wow..

The last beer Marie remembered being handed had already been opened. After that, she remembered next to nothing. ... Marie ... suspected she'd been slipped a date-rape drug.

... "The male was controlling things," the witness said. "It wasn't a two-person interlude."

... The medical staff found semen in her vagina and rectum, and a doctor told Marie that her anus had been lacerated. The semen was placed in a rape kit, for testing.

... The lab was to compare DNA from the sperm with the DNA from [Jerramy] Stevens' blood. ... On Aug. 17, two weeks before the 2000 football season would begin, Parker got the DNA results back. It was a match.

... Now, in the Stevens case, Maleng announced: "We have concluded that there is insufficient evidence." ... The memory loss suffered by the accuser complicated the investigation,

Norm Maleng's message: "It's ok to rape a girl if the date-rape drug works properly."

Guest Blue Man Czech

If only there were a way to support developmental sports leagues without the abject corruption and ethical filth that's so prevalent in the NCAA. If only.

Wow, fathers across the nation are suddenly asking their daughters if they hung out with any Huskie football players in 2000.