TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

This week in the NBA

There should be a penalty for these things though. If you make a mistake not too long ago, it shouldn't be that easy to get rid of. I mean they make a mistake in signing Randolph to that deal (btw now you guys see why I didn't want him in Chicago, although Chicago sucks now too), so they get rewarded for it by getting a buttload of people in return? Right.

They didn't sign him to that deal. Portland gave him that ridiculous contract and then sold him off to New York for the right to give Steve Francis $30 million just to go away.

It's not like they are getting anyone that good back in the proposed Denver deal outside of Kleiza, and even with all of Randolph's problems he's still a superior player.

There should be a penalty for these things though. If you make a mistake not too long ago, it shouldn't be that easy to get rid of. I mean they make a mistake in signing Randolph to that deal (btw now you guys see why I didn't want him in Chicago, although Chicago sucks now too), so they get rewarded for it by getting a buttload of people in return? Right.

It should be this easy. There' a salary cap. It's tough as shit to get rid of mistakes as it is.

Like Cheech mentioned though, Zach is still better than all the other players.

^And damn. K-Mart, Carmelo, AI, and Zach making the max with Nene making like 10+ a year as well.

I don't think they will make that deal. What does Randolph offer that they can't get out of Kenyon Martin, Nene and Linas Kleiza? It might give them a slightly better chance this postseason, but it kills them financially in the future (and in the locker room as well).

Is the whole trade Randolph thing a result of the party he had in Portland when they played their last week? Doesn't seem like the organization was too happy with that.

Of course you think it should be easy. Its your team screwing up all the time.

Look at the champions the past 10 years and tell me how this is making it "too easy" to fix a mistake.

Cheech: I think it has more to do with just finally rebuilding for real realz this time. They want to get rid of both Eddy Curry and Zach Randolph. And it's not like Randolph has been playing horribly. He's better than Curry. But we're not going anywhere right now and Lee can easily take over.

Hall of Fame finalists:

Vic Bubas

Adrian Dantley

Bill Davidson

Patrick Ewing

Richie Guerin (veteran's committee)

Dennis Johnson

Johnny "Red" Kerr (veteran's committee)

Chris Mullin

Don Nelson

Hakeem Olajuwon

Maciel Ubiratan Pereira (international committee)

Pat Riley

Cathy Rush (women's committee)

Togo Soares (international committee)

Dick Vitale

Guest Michael Myers Resplendent

Unlike Las Vegas, where the city was afraid of the players, with New Orleans, the players are afraid of the city. It must be REALLY bad if the players of this "thug league" fear for their lives in the lawless shithole of New Orleans.

I went to Vegas one week before All-Star Weekend last year. In no way is that city afraid of anything, except themselves.

Yeah, don't let the cute areas of the strip fool you. That fucking city is something else (and that isn't a compliment)

Although, don't let the Mardi Gras areas of New Orleans fool you either.

I'm watching this rookie-sophomore game as I babysit my 7 year old sister. During the introduction she asked me why most of the players were black. I had no idea what to tell her. 7 year olds are not supposed to ask me that.

Is there some unwritten rule that says all NBA dance team girls have to look like ass?

I mean, Jesus, their has to be some girls out there that can dance AND are pretty. If a hole in the wall strip club can have 2-3, you would think a fucking NBA dance team could pull one out their ass.

Daniel Gibson's shooting was very impressive.

I think I was more impressed with how good Al Horford looked out there. He was looking impressive in the first half when both teams were still playing a tiny bit of defense, prior to the game getting out of hand in the second half. He was a beast. He was cleaning up garbage missed shot attempts and converting them for points, rebounding, flying all over the court, and blocking shots.

I had nothing to do tonight. So, I watched the entire Celebrity All-Star Game...

Since I sat through it that means everyone else gets to read about that abortion of a game.

James Lafferty from One Tree Hill actually knew what he was doing out there. To bad know one else looked like they had ever seen a basketball game before. He was the only guy actually setting up pick and rolls and actually attempting to play something closely resembling basketball. He was filling up the stat sheet early on with points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks. He had a nice looking jumper and had a nice looking reverse lay-up.

Eventually ESPN decided the chef that they had there cooking a 4 course meal, was more entertaining than the actual game itself so they started showing Stu Scott act like a jackass with the chef.

Master P never got back on defense. He would just stand back waiting to get a transition basket. Chris Tucker hit a couple of three's. Terry Crews did some ridiculous dance at half court coming back from a commercial break.

Deion Sanders scores a ton of points and pulled down a bunch of rebounds. T.O. shows up in the 2nd quarter and immediately just ball hogs the remainder of the game. Taylor Hicks from American Idol falls down on the court repeatedly and for some reason decided at a critical point at the end of the 4th quarter, he of all people needs to try and drive to the basket and score. It didn't work out well for him at all. Luckily with T.O.'s constant shot attempts and James Lafferty's actual knowledge of how to play defense and organized basketball Stephen A. Smith's squad defeated Bill Walton's team. I hope the 1,000 people in attendance at the convention center in New Orleans didn't have to pay to watch that...

They didn't even get to see the chef make some damn fine looking food.

The NBA officially came out and said that Stackhouse wouldn't be allowed to re-sign with the Mavericks if he gets dealt to the Nets for Kidd.

Officially, that's why I posted it. That renders the trade 80% dead, as Cuban wanted no part of the deal if he couldn't bring Stackhouse back. Of course, the Mavericks can sign Van Horn to a large deal, because I believe they have his Bird Rights. Something could still happen.

Is there some unwritten rule that says all NBA dance team girls have to look like ass?

I mean, Jesus, their has to be some girls out there that can dance AND are pretty. If a hole in the wall strip club can have 2-3, you would think a fucking NBA dance team could pull one out their ass.

Knicks city dancers.

I don't know what the Mavericks are upset about. Kidd wasn't going to give them the title anyways. As far as I'm concerned the path to the title goes through either Los Angeles or San Antonio in the West and Boston in the East. No one else really has a REAL shot (even if people would like to pretend the other West Conference teams does).

That's not true. LA hasn't gotten out of the first round the last few years. You have a tested team in Utah, Iverson and Melo can be dangerous in the playoffs, and the Warriors can catch fire. Not to mention Houston with T-Mac and Yao, they're still a tough out in the playoffs. Oh yeah, and New Orleans the best team in the West, followed by Phoenix who is also still really good.

Mike Bibby just got traded to Atlanta.

Something like three expirings and Shelden Williams going to Sacramento (Anthony Johnson, Tyronn Lue, and Lorenzen Wright).

That's not true. LA hasn't gotten out of the first round the last few years. You have a tested team in Utah, Iverson and Melo can be dangerous in the playoffs, and the Warriors can catch fire. Not to mention Houston with T-Mac and Yao, they're still a tough out in the playoffs. Oh yeah, and New Orleans the best team in the West, followed by Phoenix who is also still really good.

Yeah thanks for playing the "Pretend they have a shot" game like I said.

The Sacramento Bee:

The Kings have reached an agreement in principle to send veteran guard Mike Bibby to the Atlanta Hawks for guards Anthony Johnson and Tyronn Lue and forwards Lorenzen Wright and Shelden Williams, sources told The Bee on Saturday.

The deal is contingent upon league approval that could come as early as today. According to sources who did not want to be identified because of ongoing trade discussions, there is a 1 p.m. conference call scheduled between the two teams and league officials.

When reached Saturday morning, Bibby said he was a bit surprised to hear Atlanta was the destination, but not that he was going to be traded.

"I had some good times here in Sacramento," said Bibby, who became known with the Kings as one of the league's better clutch shot-makers. "Sometimes you need a change and you never know where that might take you. I just prayed and asked for what might be the best for my family and this is what happened, so you can't question it.

"I'll always have love for the people in Sacramento, the Maloofs and (President) Geoff (Petrie)."

Yeah thanks for playing the "Pretend they have a shot" game like I said.

Oh shut up. You sound like the dumbass talking heads who gave the Pats the Super Bowl in like November.

You're going to tell me that Phoenix without Shawn Marion and with a broken down Shaq, Golden State who is still a gimmicked system, Houston with a guy who can't get out of the first round, Denver's two ballhog system, and fuckin' UTAH has a shot of beating Los Angeles (who in the last few years did not have Pau Gasol, a Bynum who is playing out of his mind and Odom playing a position that suits him better) or San Antonio in a 7 game series? And if they somehow miraculously does pull it off, beat Boston in a 7 game series? Get the fuck outta here.

It's not inconceivable to believe. These are 7 game series. Teams get tired, or run into a team playing out of their mind. Utah is really tough at home. Iverson and 'Melo can drop 40 any game. Kobe has a messed up pinky, and Gasol and Bynum haven't even played with each other. Not to mention that Bynum just had an injury that will hurt him a little even after he comes back. Phoenix is still arguably the best team if Shaq plays motivated, which he seems to be. Games aren't played on paper man. A shitload of things can happen in a series (last year LeBron goes apeshit on Detroit, GS goes nuts on Dallas, SA catches a break against PHX, the Wizards go in shorthanded against Cleveland). Please man. Telling us that there's no point in predicting a champion other than Boston or LA or whatever is stupid.

They have their own questions as well. Have you seen SA play lately? They're struggling against teams like the Knicks. I'm not even going to mention the problem with LA again, cause you just seem to ignore it. Boston still has to get through Detroit. All I'm saying is that everyone else mentioned has just as decent of a shot. Nothing is as stupid as saying that a team shouldn't have acquired a player because another team already won the title. Uh no.

Kidd is not going to give Dallas the title. It has nothing to do with other teams being better positioned to win the title. It has more to do with the fact the trade would severely hurt Dallas in the postseason in terms of a depleted bench. Not to mention what Cheech said before about how Kidd isn't so good that he's worth Harris and about 5 or 6 others. And even though I'm overreaching by saying the title is just about theirs (among the three I mentioned), it's really the best bet. And I don't think a broken pinky would affect Kobe that much other than that he might miss a few more shots per game. They have Gasol now to help take the pressure off Kobe. That is undeniable. I just don't buy Phoenix that much, they couldn't win with Marion and now with a broken down Shaq (motivated or not), we're supposed to take them even more seriously? Golden State had a good run last postseason, but I think this time around teams are not going to sleep on them as much, and Utah is always a solid team but they seem to be missing something that you need to make a serious run. Denver is probably the darkhorse out in the West, but I don't trust a team that has two guys that likes the ball in their hands going too far in the postseason where they will probably think they have to up the ante on their own personal scoring. In a way you're right that I can't hand a team the title right now, but at least acknowledge that the teams I mentioned (Boston mostly) has a real fucking great shot to win it all. Probably moreso than most.

Oh and the reason why I don't care much about the struggles the Spurs have right now is because they always do that. Then they shake it off and bore people to death en route to a deep postseason run, that sometimes end in a NBA title.