Thu, Feb. 14

Miami @ Chicago, 8:00 TNT

Dallas @ Phoenix, 10:30TNT

All-Star Weekend

Fri, Feb. 15

Celebrity Game, 7:00 ESPN

Rookie Challenge, 9:00 TNT

Sat, Feb. 16

The actual events start at 8:00 on TNT. There's some special shows on prior, not sure what time everything starts.

I'll be at the Lakers/Heat game this afternoon. I doubt he would have played in any event, but I was still annoyed when I heard Shaq was traded just a few days ago, since I was hoping to see him play when I got the tickets.

Celtics/Spurs was a fun, chippy game. Hard to say how having Garnett and Parker playing would've impacted the game, but I think these two teams would be capable of playing a very entertaining seven game series.

Lakers/Heat was really closer than it should have been. I didn't think Gasol played very well -- he had a bad shooting afternoon and was careless with the ball at times. If not for a great game by Odom, the Lakers probably lose.

They introduced Marion before the game and let him speak to the crowd for a minute, and he got a terrific ovation.

that's definitely a case of them looking specifically for a big-man to try and keep some size on the team to face off against the west big guys. some guys like hedo and ray allen obviously coulda been given the spot, but looked at from a "big man" perspective, sheed makes sense only because there isn't much else, it's Sheed or Big Z.

edit: actually n/m i heard that they mighta just went to the next leading forward vote getter who wasnt on the team already, which was sheed

Or they mighta replaces KG, a forward, with Josh Smith or Hedo. Those two are pretty much the only guys that would have deserved the spot.

I don't like going to the votes, because it would have ended up being Yi or some shit.

Or they mighta replaces KG, a forward, with Josh Smith or Hedo. Those two are pretty much the only guys that would have deserved the spot.

What about Dalembert?

The Heat have fans? I watched about five minutes of the game today and it seemed like the majority of the crowd were Laker fans.

Yeah, there were tons of Laker fans there. We even got a decent "MVP" chant going when Kobe was at the line at the end.

The Heat fans were a bit better than I was expecting (though still not that great)...until they all started filing out in the last two minutes, despite their team mounting a mini-comeback.

The new trade machine on ESPN tells you how much the team will improve in terms of wins after you make a trade:

mcgraduryaz5.jpg

Stephon (out for the year) Marbury would have given the Rockets 4 more wins? Yeah, even before the injury and surgery, I'd call bullshit on that one.

Are you fucking serious? The Warriors are about to straight pull a "Jaime Foxx" on the Wizards. As in, the Warriors are about to be out the door, and the Wizards are about to be on the floor, trying to figure out what the fuck happened...

Guest Vitamin X

For those of you who, like me, couldn't decipher what the hell Slim Citrus said there, the Warriors pulled off a 10-2 run in the final minutes to come out winning 120-117. Stephen Jackson scored 41 points.

What about Dalembert?

What about him?

that wizards warriors game was pretty great.

I am of course rooting for the Wizards to lose because if the Hawks can get that 6 seed, I honestly believe they could take Orlando in a playoff series.

Its tough to root against them though, because how can you not like Butler and Jamison playing their asses off.

Well, Portland really came back to earth, didn't they?

Kinda surprised at how fast that happened.

They're 2-4 in February, but two of those losses came without Brandon Roy. They'd be the #5 seed right now in the East.

There wasn't any way that they could keep up their January run, but no team could. It's unrealistic. I'd imagine they'll keep fighting for that eighth playoff spot, but utlimately fall a little short.

Houston has a better record than anyone in the East except for Boston and Detroit. And they're fourth in their division.

Portland's record when James Jones plays 20+ minutes: 21-7

Portland's record when James Jones plays less than 20 minutes or not at all: 7-16

It was when James Jones started getting minutes that the Blazers offense suddenly came to life and they went on their 18 wins in 20 games run, and they've now lost 4 from 5 since he got hurt. James had become one of the most important parts of the Blazers, and with him gone for 3-5 weeks i doubt they'll be good enough to keep pace with Denver, Golden State and Houston in the race for the final playoff spots.

Oh you know I would. But I am just completely done with it. All I can do is wait and hope someone comes to their senses.

But for future reference Mr. Woodson, when one guy has around 30 points and has been unstoppable offensively all night and another is 3 for whatever and playing like crap, maybe you shouldn't run isos for the crappy playing guy to close out the game.

And once again, for every point that Tyronne Lue gets, he gives up 5. Stop fucking playing him