TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boxer

Feuds where both guys turned..... and continued feuding

Well, I guess the best answer or immediate answer to this was Austin-Hart. It was a great feud both ways.

Another feud that I really like where the guys swapped roles was Hart vs. Michaels. And unless I'm wrong, is this the only feud where they both feuded as face vs. face, face vs. heel and heel vs. heel?

Another feud that worked were Austin vs. Rock, either as face and heel did the job.

What are your favorite feuds where guys either turned during a feud or switched roles later on and met again?

That confusing double-turn with Demolition/Powers of Pain at Survivor Series 1988, and Taz/Sabu double-turn at Barely Legal.

I haven't seen much SmackDown lately, but from what I've read it seems as though Palumbo/Noble are both doing a double-turn (this is based only on spoiler reading only, though).

That Demo-Powers of Pain double turn sucked ass. With that as the original blueprint for PPV doubel turns, I can see why there has not been a lot.

The Taz/Sabu double-turn was kind of funny because really Sabu still wasn't received as a heel he was still cheered, and Taz had also gained a lot of cheers from the crowd because of his "Path of Destruction" leading up to Barely Legal, it was more a Taz/Bill Alphonso turn because up to that time Fonzie was the perfect annoying voice for Taz's more serious demeanor. Also, I am not even really sure if Taz even really turned at all, it was more Sabu trying to turn heel w/Alphonso turning uber heel. 1997 was a popular time in prowrestling for the "badass" gimmick.

The Taz/Sabu double-turn was kind of funny because really Sabu still wasn't received as a heel he was still cheered, and Taz had also gained a lot of cheers from the crowd because of his "Path of Destruction" leading up to Barely Legal, it was more a Taz/Bill Alphonso turn because up to that time Fonzie was the perfect annoying voice for Taz's more serious demeanor. Also, I am not even really sure if Taz even really turned at all, it was more Sabu trying to turn heel w/Alphonso turning uber heel. 1997 was a popular time in prowrestling for the "badass" gimmick.

Fan reaction aside, it still remains that they were turning both Taz and Sabu (and Rob Van Dam for that matter).

Generation Next vs. Alex Shelley and the Embassy

Huh? There was no double-turn there. The GenBassy were heels going into the feud and coming out of it.

Also, in late 1998, didn't Kane and Undertaker do a gradual double-turn (though not at the same moment, as, at one point, they were both heels) just before Kane joined the Corporation and Undertaker formed the Ministry?

Fan reaction aside, it still remains that they were turning both Taz and Sabu (and Rob Van Dam for that matter).

Generation Next vs. Alex Shelley and the Embassy

Huh? There was no double-turn there. The GenBassy were heels going into the feud and coming out of it.

Also, in late 1998, didn't Kane and Undertaker do a gradual double-turn (though not at the same moment, as, at one point, they were both heels) just before Kane joined the Corporation and Undertaker formed the Ministry?

There was a double turn in the Generation Next/Embassy feud (sort of). Shelley got kicked out of GenNext and became a face. But GenNext kicked his ass at every single turn. He joined the Embassy for protection, causing him to turn heel. Generation Next were slowly turning babyface before Shelley even joined the Embassy.

There was a double turn in the Generation Next/Embassy feud (sort of). Shelley got kicked out of GenNext and became a face. But GenNext kicked his ass at every single turn. He joined the Embassy for protection, causing him to turn heel. Generation Next were slowly turning babyface before Shelley even joined the Embassy.

I suppose, but really- Shelly was more of a desperate asshole who was excommunicated, as opposed to a babyface by proxy. None of the other faces wanted anything to do with him, which is why I never considered him to have been anything other than a heel.

Guest Smues

WCW tried the double turn with Flair/Hogan in early 99. It didn't really work, and it was retarded given the way they had built up Flair as a face, but hey Hogan needs to be the star so let's try a double turn!

I suppose, but really- Shelly was more of a desperate asshole who was excommunicated, as opposed to a babyface by proxy. None of the other faces wanted anything to do with him, which is why I never considered him to have been anything other than a heel.

The part that bugged me the most was that Shelley had cost Jimmy Rave his job, had his GenNext cronies beat up some of Nana's guys, but yet they welcomed him with open arms.

I haven't seen much SmackDown lately, but from what I've read it seems as though Palumbo/Noble are both doing a double-turn (this is based only on spoiler reading only, though).

This is not only the hottest feud in the E' right now, the past few weeks of the double turn actually taking place have been fantastic television, some of my favorite ever. The first week Chuck snapped, Cole and Coach said NOTHING for like 5-10 minutes; letting Palumbo's actions and facial expressions as well as Michelle's pleas and cries speak for themselves.

Rock & HHH were enemies from mid-98 to mid-00 except for that month where they were both in the Corporation.

Austin kicked Taker's ass plenty of times when he was the face, but then he turned heel and and couldn't beat the face deadman without cheating.

Face Angle and heel Austin feud, then Angle turns heel, then a week or two later, Austin turns face and they feud again, only now Stone Cold is a lot stronger and Angle's much weaker.

Wasn't RVD already a heel at that point?

Some more feuds:

Booker T vs. Triple H 2003 / Booker T vs. Triple H 2007. 2003 should've been won by Booker and all 2007 did was make Booker look like a bitch.

Jericho vs. RVD 2001 / Jericho vs. RVD 2002. Was a really untapped feud, but we now know more why they didb't work together that often back then.

Vince McMahon vs. Triple H 1999 / Mr. McMahon vs. Triple H 2006. I kinda liked the 1999 feud, the 2006 one was meh.

Diesel vs. Shawn Michaels 1995 / Diesel vs. Shawn Michaels 1996. Clearly no one bought the 1995 feud, especially when big guy beats on small guy. The 1996 feud was great, one of Nash's better matches.

Razor Ramon vs. 1-2-3 Kid 1993 / Razor Ramon vs. 1-2-3 Kid 1996. The 93 feud was pretty good, but the fans were dying to cheer for Razor. It practically made two stars.

Undertaker vs. Triple H 2001 / Undertaker vs. Triple H 2002. If the 2002 King of the Ring match says anything, the first feud was a lot better.

Rock vs. Hogan 2002 / Rock vs. Hogan 2003. The 2002 was great, I guess the crowds made it better. The 2003 feud was kinda flat.

There's the Love Machine Art Barr vs. Blue Panther fued in AAA where Barr hit Panther with a piledriver behind the ref's back.

Jericho vs. RVD 2001 / Jericho vs. RVD 2002. Was a really untapped feud, but we now know more why they didb't work together that often back then.

Why was that?

According to RVD, Jericho tried to play politics against him.

The Styles/Lynn feud from the first 4 months or so of TNA. It started off with both as faces, and then Lynn turned heel on Styles, and in two weeks time the fans completely sided with Lynn (the feud was based off of Lynn feeling that Styles didn't respect him nearly enough) so Lynn was back to a face and Styles became a wonderful cocky prick heel.

Yeah that was weird booking.

Paul Bearer: "You're a GOD DAMN MURDERER!"

Undertaker: "It was an accident!"

Kane: "Must...destroy...brother!"

Kane / Undertaker feud for a while then they joined forces then they feud again when Bearer cost Kane the chance to be WWF Champion again.

Undertaker: "Kane, YOU ARE WEAK! And that time I set our house on fire, I did it...ON PURPOSE!"

Yet over the years, Kane is still somehow the heel?

Wasn't RVD already a heel at that point?

RVD was actually sort of a face at that point, as he had been teaming with Sabu after months of feuding with him over RVDS lack of respect for Sabu. But he kinda turned earlier in the night with his promo declaring himself a free agent cuz he wa spissed over only making the show as a replacement for Chris Candido (which is a shoot actually, he was very pissed and almost left for WCW at the time)