TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chazz

My Mom had a stroke

Whew...this has been a long couple of weeks.

So, my mom has been recovering from surgery and was moved to this rehab facility called Healthsouth for about two weeks now. Although she still forgets stuff from time to time and doesn't remember anything around that time she got worse before, she is in good shape. She is talking just like before, lecturing me on stuff.

She was able to pick up like 2-3 blocks the other day with her left hand which is great. She doesn't have total feeling in it, but just being able to move it kinda suprised them. Plus she was able to take 65 steps the other day which is also great.

the bad thing is that this place is seriously understaffed, and while she jokes about having to make an appointment to get help to go to the bathroom, I don't find it too funny, although they seem to be on point when I get there. So I have been pretty much there in the mornings, and making the 3 1/2 hour drive back to Atlanta to go to work. I am pretty tired am probably diabetic by now from all the energy drinks I have put down.

Then my car overheated and I had to get this part fixed. I am offically broke as FUCK. I have spent thousands of dollars in the last 3 weeks just between paying her bills and missing work, but thats okay, i am just happy my mom is doing better.

Gotta say, I am in much better spirits right now. Thanks for all your prayers and good words/thoughts.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Hey, as a veteran of a long term care facility, don't put anything past those assholes. CNAs are typically uneducated awful women who aren't nice enough to be waitresses. Some are just working their way through nursing school, but the vast majority are lying methhead thieves that act civil only because they'll be fired if they don't. Take no shit from those people. If there's a real problem, go directly to administration or their corporate office.