TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Beastalentier

Dumb Injuries

I was riding to my mothers house on the bus since my car is being worked on, listening to music and not paying attention to anything. As we were stopping at one of the bus stops, a girl in the back started screaming. I looked back and saw her pointing out the window, and I followed her stare.

Out in an unfenced cul-de-sac were 3 guys. Two of them standing, one of them was on the ground bloody. The taller of the two men had a baseball bat and was about ready to smash it into his head again, when they realized a whole busload of of people staring at them.

The other man, who hadnt been doing anything, took a pistol out of his pocket and shot the guy in the head. At this point the whole bus was in shock and glued to the morbid scene. The two men got into a car

and sped off.

When I got to my moms I was visibly shaken. I told her what I had just seen. Then my mom got scared, she said "You´re moving with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air." I whistled for a cab and when it came near, the license plate said "Fresh" and it had dice in the mirror. If anything I could say that this cab was rare but I thought "Nah, forget

it, Yo homes, to Bel-Air!" I pulled up to the house about seven or eight and I yelled to the cabby, "Yo homes, smell ya later!" I looked at my kingdom, I was finally there, to sit on my throne as the prince of Bel-Air.

I took off my sweatshirt not long ago. Earlier in the day I had put my sunglasses on the neck of the shirt. As I usually do, I forgot that the glasses were there when I removed the shirt. While pulling it off briskly the sunglasses, simple WalMart aviators, scraped against my forehead. It is now bleeding.

I feel like a cartoon sometimes.

I strained my lower back while grilling souvlaki.

Don't know how I did it, but I did, and it hurt, and now I'm on light duty at work.

I messed up a disc in my back for the rest of my life celebrating a home run in a wiffle ball game. What made it worse was we were losing 14-2 at the time.

And I once gave myself a black eye hitting myself in the forehead. I'm not sure how I missed my forehead and hit my eye, but dammit I did it.

Guest Vitamin X

Quality thread. Most recent dumb injury I can remember was this past football season, I hurt my elbow and got what was essentially a stinger (at first I thought I had just hit my funny bone since it felt very similar except much more painful, like you know.. stinging, and burning) from celebrating a Packer score during the Cowboys game. I think I mentioned it in that week's thread, and Kinetic mocked me for it.

The basement of my folks old house flooded in 2002; I came home to have my room renovated about a week later, including, which I still haven't figured out, a six-inch-long piece of wood about a foot over my head. Six inches is a pretty generous estimate - Slayer thinks I look like David Cross, but it's more like the animated guy from Forrest City Auto Parts with a beard.

Oh yeah, I moved into another bedroom about a month later.

My only dumb injury comes from working at a Mobil on the Run. I was just named the store's "Safety Captain" (by default... jerks) and had come back from quite a scintillating 4 hour lecture on how coffee is hot, and a full coffee dispenser is heavy. Seriously, those were the two debate points. I hate Mobil.

Anyway, I had just gotten back from this meeting, and was just crouched trying to get the 5 gallon jar of jalepenos out of the jammed bottom shelf... and the shuffling caused the 5 gallon (glass) jar of mustard on the TOP shelf onto my head for a concussion. Which they never called in, because I was the safety captain and therefore should know better.

I hate Mobil.

-Annie

Nothing too cool, really, but the first bloody nose I ever got was sorta self-inflicted. I was wrestling when I was 11 or so with a friend and went for an inverted DDT, but he raised his knee and I fell forward, so I smashed my face off of his knee.

Uhhhh...yeah. A scar on my upper lip from me running into the end of a toy gun I had when I was a kid, but nothing MAJOR...

I fell down a 3/4ths of a flight of stairs when I was 7ish when I tripped while running to get an ice cream sandwich in my basement freezer. Luckily, I only suffered a mild concussion and a few bruises on my arms and legs. But that ice cream sandwich made it all worth it.

I hate it whenever I'm bouncing a basketball and when the ball bounces up, it accidentally hits me in the nuts. I swear this happens at least twice a year to me. Always knocks the wind out of me for a good 15 minutes.

I wonder if that's ever happened in an NBA game....

The bleachers in our gym used to pushed up flat against the wall in high school so we could play ball in P.E. class and every once in a while an errant pass or tip would cause a ball to land on the top and get stuck in the bleachers. Anyways, I climbed up to get it one day and had the genius idea to jump off the top bleacher and upon impacting the ground, dribble it between my legs. The rest, as indicated by my quoting of your post, is self explanatory.

I gave someone a Rock Bottom in my bedroom when I was 12...knocked them out cold, but I chipped my tooth when they pushed me into the wall after they woke up.

I hate it whenever I'm bouncing a basketball and when the ball bounces up, it accidentally hits me in the nuts. I swear this happens at least twice a year to me. Always knocks the wind out of me for a good 15 minutes.

I wonder if that's ever happened in an NBA game....

The bleachers in our gym used to pushed up flat against the wall in high school so we could play ball in P.E. class and every once in a while an errant pass or tip would cause a ball to land on the top and get stuck in the bleachers. Anyways, I climbed up to get it one day and had the genius idea to jump off the top bleacher and upon impacting the ground, dribble it between my legs. The rest, as indicated by my quoting of your post, is self explanatory.

The one highschool gym I played Basketball at had a warped key. Though I've never been injured myself doing this, I've seen players taking an weird bounce and sacking them square in the nuts.

As for actual dumb injuries, I'm surprisingly low considering I do a lot of stupid stuff. I guess the worst would be when I was in 5th grade and I tripped at my first NASCAR race on the first lap and cut a deep gash in my knee on the wooden bleachers. I had to leave and go to the hospital and get nine staples in my knee.

Earlier that same year I was walking in the woods in Boy scouts and stepped on a tree branch that was balanced on another like a seesaw. It flew up and smacked me in the eye and I had to get a few stitches in my eyelid.

Guest Beastalentier

Didn't you pierce your wang? That's the dumb injury to end all dumb injuries.

Guest Beastalentier

Yeah, and I voluntarily touched a lightbulb to see how hot it got; that doesn't absolve me from being a total retard.

i have this scar on my upper lip. i got it when i was having a psychotic fit in the trailor with no electricity where we lived in Georgia for a few months, by banging my head against the window. the cheap plexiglass popped out of the window and i caught my lip on the metal edge. GOOD TIMES!

when the little one was in HeadStart, the school was down this realitively steep hill. some of the hottop (okay most of it) was in ill repair and was cracked and had loose parts and such. i just got through telling the kid to be careful because falling down the hill would suck. on my next step the heel of my boot got stuck in a crack and i went flying. i landed on my knee... i probably could have used some stitches, but there was no skin there to stitch together. there was a good one inch by half inch skinless area. that sucked hardcore. but it left a cool scar.

i broke my baby toe kicking an empty plastic hamper. i still don't know how that happened :/

First post since last summer. This isn't an injury of mine but rather my friend whome you all would know as CM Funk. Anyways durring a summer a couple years ago me and my friend would go over to a mutual friends house (Why2J) and we would hang around for the most part playing video games and every so often we would have a wrestling match. Well while wrestling with CM Funk I got the upper hand and picked him up off the ground. While in the air I threw him down effectively spiking him into the ground. Not only did this cause him alot of pain but it was very ammusing as we all found it funny how I was able to pick him up and throw him head first into the ground. However later that summer we decided to entertain ourselves in a different manner since we learned our lesson and we decided to spin around in a chair about 80 times then try running up the stairs. Well this particular afternoon Why2J had already made it up the stairs and was watching us as we did it. After CM Funk started running to the stairs i got off my chair and ran after him. When I got to the stairs I attempted to run up them as usuall. However this time I was going to fall so I grabbed my disoriented friends (CM Funk) leg in an attempt to stop myself from falling. He then in turn grabs Why2J's leg which he quickly let go of because my weight was too much for CM to hold off. Anyways when CM Funk descended the staris he hit his ballsack on every proceeding stair the entire way down. There were about 7-10 stairs he fell down. He was in so much pain and we couldn't stop laughing the entire time he was down. That is probably the worst injury I have encountered.

In high school I always used to lean back on the back two legs of my chair. Once I lost balance, and tried to grab onto the desk to keep from falling, but ended up taking the desk down with me crashing onto my face.

A few days after I got my lip peirced, I went to put my hand to my face in a *GASP* over acting type motion. I ended up wacking my lip real hard. Anyone who's ever had a peircing can understand how much that hurts.

Not a major injury by any means, but after a night of mixing many different brands of beer that I bought at World Harvest, I got the idea to slide face first down the wooden stairs in this old house that my friends and I were renting out... which was fun until an old rusty nail that was poking out caught me in the chin. The scar isn't all that noticeable nowadays, though.