San Antonio @ Philadelphia, 7:00

LA Clippers @ Washington, 7:00

Indiana @ Orlando, 7:00

Utah @ New Jersey, 7:30

Boston @ Milwaukee, 8:30

Sacramento @ Phoenix, 10:00

Minnesota @ Portland, 10:00

Memphis @ Golden State, 10:30

Well the article from the Houston Chronicle said the Rockets may even want to re-sign him at the beginning of next year, they just need someone with more size with the run they are making now.

I think he will land somewhere. Everything basically says he is a good kid and does what he is asked, he just doesn't have that fire that has let him progress.

The Suns better hope that complete games like today occur more often than once out of every 10 they play.

Chris Duhon got benched tonight by the Bulls because he blew off a team workout to attend the UNC/Duke game.

Wade has been shut down for the season which pretty much ensures that Miami will have the most ping pong balls in the next draft.

Cool Bill Simmons article about NBA "What Ifs?".

At the end of my Basketball Blog two weeks ago, I wrote about the chain of events that led to Kevin Garnett being traded to Boston. What if the T-Wolves hadn't betrayed KG by quietly shopping him before the 2007 draft? Would Garnett still be stuck in Minnesota? Would he have become the biggest target during the trading frenzy this winter? Did the KG deal create a domino effect that ended up changing the destiny of five 2008 contenders?

Certainly, it's one of the NBA's great "What ifs?" of this decade? So where does it rank in the top 15? I'm glad I asked. Here's one man's list in reverse order

Sports' two most intriguing words: What if?

Looks like Houston didn't get the memo that they were supposed to fade away into oblivion after Yao got hurt.

Only the 4th team ever to win at least 19 straight and now they're only a game out of 1st in the West.

Who would have thought that in March, the Suns and Mavs would be 6th and 7th in the West, respectively? Not only that, but Dallas is fourth in the Southwest division.

I think the best part of that whole Phoenix/Dallas slide is that if the playoffs began today the Spurs would play the Mavs in the first round and then the winner of that series would get the Rockets/Suns winner. The Lakers in theory would have the path of least resistance to the WCF, but even still we'd get Lakers/Warriors and Jazz/Hornets. If that ended up being the bracket the Spurs would probably have to beat the Mavs, Suns, Lakers and either Celtics or Pistons to finally get the repeat monkey off of their backs, and if they did I think that would cement them as THE post Jordan dynasty.

Cool Bill Simmons article about NBA "What Ifs?".

At the end of my Basketball Blog two weeks ago, I wrote about the chain of events that led to Kevin Garnett being traded to Boston. What if the T-Wolves hadn't betrayed KG by quietly shopping him before the 2007 draft? Would Garnett still be stuck in Minnesota? Would he have become the biggest target during the trading frenzy this winter? Did the KG deal create a domino effect that ended up changing the destiny of five 2008 contenders?

Certainly, it's one of the NBA's great "What ifs?" of this decade? So where does it rank in the top 15? I'm glad I asked. Here's one man's list in reverse order

Sports' two most intriguing words: What if?

Yeah, fun article... I was looking for "What if Portland doesn't blow a 14 point fourth quarter lead in the WCF against LA" but alas...

If that ended up being the bracket the Spurs would probably have to beat the Mavs, Suns, Lakers and either Celtics or Pistons to finally get the repeat monkey off of their backs, and if they did I think that would cement them as THE post Jordan dynasty.

So you're saying the Suns would beat the Rockets in a seven game series? What leads you believe that?

If that ended up being the bracket the Spurs would probably have to beat the Mavs, Suns, Lakers and either Celtics or Pistons to finally get the repeat monkey off of their backs, and if they did I think that would cement them as THE post Jordan dynasty.

So you're saying the Suns would beat the Rockets in a seven game series? What leads you believe that?

No kidding... I think a victory over The Rockets in a 7 game series at this point in time is more impressive then beating the Suns.

Even after their 20 game winning streak (seriously, 20 games(!)... that's insane), I'm just not buying Houston in the post-season. Maybe they finally get out of round one, but I'm not sold on their ability to get much farther that that.

I know that it was bascially decided months ago that the MVP would come from the group of Paul, Kobe and Lebron, but Houston's recent tear (coinciding with Yao's injury) might have propelled Tracy McGrady firmly into the conversation. Not that I necessarily believe that he belongs there, but I can see momentum shifting his way.

Yeah, I think we're starting to go a little overboard with this Rockets stuff. a 20-game win streak is remarkable under any circumstances, but I still think they're toast in the playoffs without Yao Ming.