TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Diamonddust

ECW 3/11/2008

WWE.com has learned that ECW General Manager Armando Estrada will make a major announcement regarding WrestleMania and the Land of the Extreme, live tonight on ECW on Sci Fi. What could the cunning ECW dictator have in store for his brand? How will his announcement affect the ECW Championship bearing "Mexican Warrior" and the entire sports-entertainment landscape?

WWE Tag Team Champions John Morrison & The Miz successfully defended their titles against Tommy Dreamer & Colin Delaney on the last ECW. Still, the duo of the ECW Original and the young Superstar proved to know the formula to defeating the WWE Tag Team Champions a week earlier. When they face the titleholders again next week, will they be able to come out on top? With the match being Extreme Rules, Dreamer & Delaney certainly have the advantage, thanks to Dreamer’s experience in the Land of the Extreme.

Speaking of titles, CM Punk failed to capture the ECW Championship from Chavo Guerrero last week. Despite the loss, the Straightedge Superstar is set to get back on-track toward championship gold this week as he competes in a Money in the Bank Qualifying Match against Big Daddy V. The 500-pound human mountain also has dreams of reaching the top of the WWE mountain and achieving a World Title, making Money in the Bank an ideal opportunity. Can Punk surpass this vast challenge on ECW on Sci Fi? Or will the ladder scaling WrestleMania encounter secure its largest addition in the match's history?

ECW Original Stevie Richards was slowed down by the self-proclaimed “Gold Standard” of ECW, Shelton Benjamin. Will Richards get back on track and continue proving that he hasn’t lost a step since leaving the ring for throat surgery? Following an altercation after ECW on Sci Fi, Richards might be looking for vengeance the next time he steps into an arena to compete. It's hard to imagine payback isn’t on Stevie’s mind after being attacked by an angry ECW Superstar. Check out WWE Mobile for more on this ...

Find out the answers to all of these questions and more on the next ECW on Sci Fi, tonight at 10/9 CT.

What do you think the ECW Title scenario at Wrestlemania be?

Also, unless he's REALLY in the dog-house, it looks as if Punk will get a spot in Money in the Bank - making it Jericho, Kennedy, MVP, Carlito, Shelton, and Punk as of now. Again... who do you think the other two spots will go to? I'm saying Matt Hardy and Kane, unless they put Kane against Chavo.

Chavo likely doesn't make the show at all outside of being ringside for Edge with the Rmy and Vickie. In fact, to save face, they should have Vicki "pull" Chavo from WM. Maybe UT can take him out on friday as a "message" to Edge which would explain his absence.

Even if Punk is completely the dog-house, he'll still get a spot on the show. Carlito was supposedly in the doghouse last fall and he managed to get a ppv spot with HHH.

Chavo likely doesn't make the show at all outside of being ringside for Edge with the Rmy and Vickie. In fact, to save face, they should have Vicki "pull" Chavo from WM. Maybe UT can take him out on friday as a "message" to Edge which would explain his absence.

Even if Punk is completely the dog-house, he'll still get a spot on the show. Carlito was supposedly in the doghouse last fall and he managed to get a ppv spot with HHH.

I doubt it will happen, but it would make for a nice little side story to Edge/UT if Kane got to take on Chavo.

I doubt it will happen, but it would make for a nice little side story to Edge/UT if Kane got to take on Chavo.

Is it worth wasting time on a big stage for match that'll have two weeks of build and no heat at all because it's kinda cute? The only opportunity for the ECW Title to be defended was a blow-off match for Punk/Chavo in a gimmick like 2/3 falls.

Is it worth wasting time on a big stage for match that'll have two weeks of build and no heat at all because it's kinda cute? The only opportunity for the ECW Title to be defended was a blow-off match for Punk/Chavo in a gimmick like 2/3 falls.

Good point. Still, the WWE has a habit of trying to get as many people involved in the show as possible so they can get a Wrestlemania pay-day. You've got pretty established people like Kane, Chavo, Khali, Henry, and some others still without something to do.

it looks as if Punk will get a spot in Money in the Bank - making it Jericho, Kennedy, MVP, Carlito, Shelton, and Punk as of now. Again... who do you think the other two spots will go to? I'm saying MVP and Kane,

Who do you think will get the 8th spot if Kane gets one of the two spots left?

it looks as if Punk will get a spot in Money in the Bank - making it Jericho, Kennedy, MVP, Carlito, Shelton, and Punk as of now. Again... who do you think the other two spots will go to? I'm saying MVP and Kane,

Who do you think will get the 8th spot if Kane gets one of the two spots left?

The original post should have had Matt Hardy as one of the people I think will get a remaining spot.

Good point. Still, the WWE has a habit of trying to get as many people involved in the show as possible so they can get a Wrestlemania pay-day. You've got pretty established people like Kane, Chavo, Khali, Henry, and some others still without something to do.

Henry has been jobbed left and right. Chavo can get an appearence during the show like I said with the Rmy and people like Khali can be used in the usual comedy backstage skit. They still have the pre-show battle royal as well.

According to the results of tonight's show, here is the plan for the ECW title at Mania.

Armando Estrada comes to the ring. It is announced that there will be a 24 man Battle Royal featuring talent from Raw, ECW, and SmackDown at WrestleMania XXIV where the winner will immediately face Chavo Guerrero at the pay-per-view for the ECW Championship. Note from Richard: I heard that these could be dark at the pay-per-view and included on the DVD, although we will see as the night progresses what WWE plans to do.

I wouldn't be shocked if they did the battle royal dark and opened the show with the ECW Title match. My money is still on Kane to face Chavo.

The way Meltzer is reporting it is that the battle royal took place tonight at the Smackdown tapings with the match against Chavo to take place at Wrestlemania.

It's funny to see the two main feuds on ECW TV in Miz and Morrison vs. Dreamer and Delaney and CM Punk vs. Chavo Guerrero having such similar setups with the series of matches on free TV, but the former has been so good and the latter has been so one-note and boring. That was an incredibly entertaining opener, with everyone in it playing their role admirably. Probably the most entertaining match on ECW TV since... man, I don't even know. It was a trainwreck, and nothing that'll probably be remembered a year from now, but it was very, very fun.

"Well since we can't figure out a way to squeeze our number 4 belt onto Wrestlemania because we don't have time to build up a feud, we're resorting to a battle royal! Have fun!"

Here's hoping they have Chavo at ringside during the whole thing, and he bum rushes the winner as soon as the last person is thrown over the top rope.

Damn...

So much for Stevie's push.

That absolutely sucked.

I must admit, after all that talk about Stevie on ECW over the past month or two, seeing Khali beat him so quickly just made me crack up.