TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Diamonddust

ECW 3/11/2008

"Well since we can't figure out a way to squeeze our number 4 belt onto Wrestlemania because we don't have time to build up a feud, we're resorting to a battle royal! Have fun!"

Yep, especially when they could have kept Chavo-Punk going. Here is who I reckon will partake in the battle royal

ECW: Balls, BDV, Burke, Morrison, Miz, Kingston, Knox, Richards, Dreamer, Delaney

Smackdown: Palumbo, Hawkins, Ryder, Festus, Jesse, Noble, Henry, Khali

Raw: Burchil, Cade, Murdoch, Haas, Santino and Duggan/Val/Crazy/Smith

"Well since we can't figure out a way to squeeze our number 4 belt onto Wrestlemania because we don't have time to build up a feud, we're resorting to a battle royal! Have fun!"

Yep, especially when they could have kept Chavo-Punk going. Here is who I reckon will partake in the battle royal

ECW: Balls, BDV, Burke, Morrison, Miz, Kingston, Knox, Richards, Dreamer, Delaney

I'd imagine Kane and Cody Rhodes would make it in there... and probably Hardcore Holly.

I'd like to see Burchill if they let him wrestle like he did in England (not a chance). I'm pretty sure Chavo could do a C4 properly. Eh, I'd be happy with that curb stomp I guess. Barring that, I'd go with Kofi, although I'm not sure he's got enough of a crowd backing to be in the ME quite yet. I think he and Chavo could put on a good curtain jerker though.

I'd imagine Kane and Cody Rhodes would make it in there... and probably Hardcore Holly.

Well, I still think Kane has a spot in the MITB.

I'm not all that concerned about who will make up the Khali fodder for the match. You could mix any name around as long as the important names are in. Actually, they need a "name" face and that might have to be Kane. If it wasn't Punk-BDV tonight, I'd almost say have Punk in the battle royal to play Melenko to Chavo's Jericho.

Well, I still think Kane has a spot in the MITB.

I'm not all that concerned about who will make up the Khali fodder for the match. You could mix any name around as long as the important names are in. Actually, they need a "name" face and that might have to be Kane. If it wasn't Punk-BDV tonight, I'd almost say have Punk in the battle royal to play Melenko to Chavo's Jericho.

Forgot about that... I do hope the Smackdown spoilers give us some indication about the final MITB spots.

I hope BDV wins just to see the reinforced ladder they'll have to build to hold him

I'm kind of curious to see the rigging they'll use for MITB since it'll be outdoors. I'm guessing they'll use the lighting rig above the ring to hang the briefcase.

I hope BDV wins just to see the reinforced ladder they'll have to build to hold him

I'm kind of curious to see the rigging they'll use for MITB since it'll be outdoors. I'm guessing they'll use the lighting rig above the ring to hang the briefcase.

Correct.

They should have a helicopter hover above the ring with the briefcase hanging from a chain.

:P

Just imagine if it's a real windy day in Orlando...

Well. I guess it could have been worse; he could have lost, I suppose. Still, huge disappointment. I would have liked to have seen him bring back the Anaconda Vice for this instead of the usual copout victory.

Punk almost did the most incredible feat of strength I've ever seen. BDV was just way too heavy. Decent enough match. I don't see Punk convincingly beating BDV, so the countout was decent enough.

Count out? COUNT OUT? In 5 minutes? Way to use the hometown boy.

He didn't job. That's a rarity for hometown acts. It was the most logical way to finish. He couldn't hit GTS, his springboard lariat failed the last time he tried it on BDV. Anaconda has been erased. Countout was the only option. Shelton's comments gives me hope that we'll see them next week.

Count out? COUNT OUT? In 5 minutes? Way to use the hometown boy.

Hey, I'll take it. They won't have an ECW guy beat BDV clean so this is the next best thing without a DQ finish. Punk is still standing tall.

Also I agree about the Anaconda Vice. If they ever want to push him seriously they're gonna have to give him a submission finisher so he can beat big guys and have a more variable way of ending the match.