TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

NCAA BBall Tournament, 1st and 2nd Rounds

Giving this a fresh start. I see there's a St. Joseph's/Oklahoma rematch in the opening round. That St. Joe's team is one of my personal favorites and that game was a lot of fun in 2004.

The best weekend of the sports year is the first two rounds of the NCAA Tournament. I scheduled Thursday and Friday off well in advance. If you haven't already you must sign up for March Madness on Demand which is amazingly still free of charge.

TUESDAY

Coppin State vs. Mount St. Mary's, 7:30/4:30 PM

THURSDAY

Georgia vs. Xavier, 12:20 PM/9:20 AM

Portland State vs. Kansas, 12:25 PM/9:25 AM

Temple vs. Michigan State, 12:30 PM/9:30 AM

Kentucky vs. Marquette, 2:30 PM/11:30 AM

Baylor vs. Purdue, 2:40 PM/11:40 AM

Kent State vs. UNLV, 2:45 PM/11:45 AM

Oral Roberts vs. Pittsburgh, 2:50 PM/11:50 AM

Cornell vs. Stanford, 4:50/1:50 PM

Kansas State vs. USC, 7:10/4:10 PM

Belmont vs. Duke, 7:10/4:10 PM

Winthrop vs. Washington State, 7:20/4:20 PM

Texas A&M vs. BYU, 7:25/4:25 PM

Arizona vs. West Virginia, 9:30/6:30 PM

Cal State Fullerton vs. Wisconsin, 9:30/6:30 PM

George Mason vs. Notre Dame, 9:40/6:40 PM

Mississippi Valley State vs. UCLA, 9:45/6:45 PM

FRIDAY

American vs. Tennessee, 12:15 PM/9:15 AM

Davidson vs. Gonzaga, 12:25 PM/9:25 AM

St. Mary's vs. Miami, 12:30 PM/9:30 AM

Western Kentucky vs. Drake, 12:30 PM/9:30 AM

South Alabama vs. Butler, 2:35 PM/11:35 AM

UMBC vs. Georgetown, 2:45 PM/11:45 AM

San Diego vs. Connecticut, 2:50 PM/11:50 AM

Austin Peay vs. Texas, 2:50 PM/11:50 AM

North Carolina vs. TBD, 7:10/4:10 PM

Saint Joseph's vs. Oklahoma, 7:10/4:10 PM

Siena vs. Vanderbilt, 7:20/4:20 PM

Oregon vs. Mississippi State, 7:25/4:25 PM

Boise State vs. Louisville, 9:30/6:30 PM

Arkansas vs. Indiana, 9:30/6:30 PM

Villanova vs. Clemson, 9:40/6:40 PM

Texas-Arlington vs. Memphis, 9:45/6:45 PM

Tip times have been posted. Gonzaga has to be the least happy with their's as they get a 9:25 AM local tip off for what will essentially be a road game against Davidson. Portland State and St. Mary's are the other west coast teams stuck with early morning tips. Looks like it will be a short visit for TSM's team.

Cornell/Stanford is this year's game that no one will see with the Thursday purgatory timeslot of 4:50 PM EST/1:50 PM PST.

Also just noticed that Cal State Fullerton is in the same slot as UCLA so that has to suck for CSF fans wanting to see the game.

I signed up just like the last two years, and just like the last two years I'll probably find something or someone to do and forget all about it and merely catch up on the upsets on (ech) ESPN.

Nice to see Siena (my alma mater) make it to the tournament. They have one career tournament win (against Stanford in 89/also beat them earlier this season). I don't expect them to beat Vandy obviously but they could hang with them because they can shoot the 3 and run the fast break pretty damn well for a mid major. Believe me this will be huge in Albany on Friday night. They are the number one draw around here.

I'm only a casual College basketball fan during the season but I love the tournament

Guest Vitamin X
Portland State and St. Mary's are the other west coast teams stuck with early morning tips. Looks like it will be a short visit for TSM's team.

That, and that whole 16 seed never beating a 1 thing, I'd imagine.

As an aside, I wonder if Kamala realizes that Portland State is actually in Oregon, not in Maine, or if he's just cheering for anything Portland-related, even if in name only.

Guest Beastalentier

Tyler Hansbrough plays harder than any of them. He's Tyler Hansbrough.

As an aside, I wonder if Kamala realizes that Portland State is actually in Oregon, not in Maine, or if he's just cheering for anything Portland-related, even if in name only.

The latter. I'm not that stupid. The University of Maine Black Bears are Maine's only D1 men's team and they stink on ice(Rick Carlisle played there though) so I'm hopping on The Portland State bandwagon.

Aw crap, knowing that time now for Gonzaga/Davidson I wish I could change my brackets with CBS and other places. Why is it I somehow knew that game was going to be the noon game? They really stuck it to Gonzaga with that one.

Why can't you? Most brackets don't lock until Thursday morning.

yea I am pretty sure you can change stuff up until Thursday

For those in Southern California

CBS cut a deal with KDOC so that KDOC can show the Fullerton game locally.

It is channel 56 in Los Angeles

I got to watch Fullerton leave for Omaha today which was pretty neat.

For those wondering what games will be aired in your area tomorrow, click the links below (all are PDF files, so you need Adobe Acrobat or something similar).

Window 1

Window 2

Window 3

Window 4

Though as was stated above, you really should sign up for MMOD if you can.

Good thing there's MMOD, because outside of the USC game, I wouldn't want to watch any of the others that'll be broadcasted in the area. Friday's the better day anyway.

Not that it's available to many of you, but the Stanford/Cornell game will be televised nationally on CBS College Sports (formerly CollegeSportsTV). Won't matter for me since I'll get it locally on CBS but most of the country will only be able to see the game otherwise through MMOD as it's in the Thursday local newsbreak timeslot.

Giving this a fresh start. I see there's a St. Joseph's/Oklahoma rematch in the opening round. That St. Joe's team is one of my personal favorites and that game was a lot of fun in 2004.

Well, it is a rematch of St. Joe's against the state of OK, but in 2004 they lost to OK St.

I'm most looking forward to Cornell/Stanford opening round, for obvious reasons. But MMOD at work without ever having to click the "boss" button will be nice tomorrow and Friday.

Commentary is there, they did flash a message about audio problems with Georgia/Xavier so that was probably it.

The quality is amazing. They are really serious about growing the tournament presence through MMOD. Both this and MLB.tv have grown by leaps and bounds in the technology department.

Another thing I noticed is that you're actually getting the TV ads this year on the stream (I think that's new?)... combine that with the web ads and they are theoretically getting double the ad revenue...although that's probably not true in reality.

And the web banner ads are synched with the tv ads. They put a lot of time into this.