TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
NYU

Policy on Previously Banned Posters

I'm basically starting this thread to gauge how people feel about bringing back Previously Banned Posters. Bring back all of them? None of them? Restored accounts for some, miniature American flags for others?

Personally, I feel some previously banned posters should be provided a clean slate, particularly if their bannings were controversial, unsupported at the time, and came without a major catalyst that resulted in the banning in the first place or a prior history of clear, unabated flame-baiting.

So personally, I would support bringing back Damaramu, who may have been banned somewhat unfairly since he had not been acting in a behavior different than what was previously allowed for years. But we all want to see how the rest of you feel before we start allowing back posters that the general consensus does not support.

This is where we discuss our Damaramus, our Leenas, our Pauls, our WildPegasuses, our CronoTs, our netslobs, and so on and so forth.

I'm in no way supporting bringing Leena back however if we do decide to bring her back, we should bring her back for good. She's had too many second chances. It's time for TSM to go one way or the other. I'm not sure if that made any sense whatsoever.

As for Dama, I say bring him back but keep him on a short leash. I don't really care one way or another about the rest.

The consensus right now is that Leena might have been welcomed back here if she hadn't decided to act like an asshole and hack more accounts. She might not believe it because I've never been her biggest fan, but I would have supported her reinstatement because I think she can be a very knowledgeable person in the Sports folder and a fun poster in The Chocolate Socket....when she wants to be. When she isn't acting crazy.

Unfortunately, today was her crazy day, and now she's made it all but impossible to support such a decision.

Guest Bullshiterica

If Damaramu has calmed down a bit, then he may come back. I never had problems with him. If he's still, y'know, him, then he's forever doomed to be a dumbshit townie that angrily calls sports talk radio and accuses them of hurting the school's recruiting by criticizing the programs, and I don't want to come in contact with those people if I don't have to.

If I can figure out what the hell I'm doing with Whiny Bitches, I'm gonna put a bunch of PBPs in there.

If Dama comes back, just keep him out of college football threads and there won't be any complaints, ever. Let a bunch of people come back, but keep them on a short leash for a while.

If Dama comes back, just keep him out of college football threads and there won't be any complaints, ever. Let a bunch of people come back, but keep them on a short leash for a while.

Supposedly he's not that serious about Oklahoma anymore due to his job. So we'll see if that translates to "mellow"-er Damaramu or not.

Guest Kesh
Unfortunately, today was her crazy day, and now she's made it all but impossible to support such a decision.

Fuck the heck.

I'm nice today.

I've had access to many accounts for years. I post when I want to post, no matter what kid is in charge.

Fuck the heck.

I'm nice today.

I've had access to many accounts for years. I post when I want to post, no matter what kid is in charge.

You really can't calm down for a bit while we try to get you back in? Some people actually went to bat for you and you messed it up.

Guest Bullshiterica

Hey, she's right.

Okay, let's figure out why custom titles are disabled. I seem to have broken something.

Supposedly he's not that serious about Oklahoma anymore due to his job. So we'll see if that translates to "mellow"-er Damaramu or not.

Then that's fair. Let him back.

If Dama comes back, just keep him out of college football threads and there won't be any complaints, ever.

Or maybe you should keep out the posters who flame bait him or do things that they know will push his buttons.

Guest joefus1

Fuck the heck.

I'm nice today.

You really can't calm down for a bit while we try to get you back in? Some people actually went to bat for you and you messed it up.

What. http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?...t&p=2652068

Come on, Maff clique. You have to be consistent in your baiting of Princess Alyanna.

I would like to see the following posters unbanned:

Queen Leelee,

Hotbutter Spoontoaster,

The_Amazing_Rando (colloquially known as 'Fake Rando'),

Damaramu,

Anglesault,

Randy Orton's Theme Music.

If Dama comes back, just keep him out of college football threads and there won't be any complaints, ever.

Or maybe you should keep out the posters who flame bait him or do things that they know will push his buttons.

I didn't realize we had to manage grown people like children, I mean... why can't he just ignore it? Why must we manage this shit like it's bunch of kids in grade school picking on each other? Just fucking ignore it.

I support the reinstatement of the following posters.

Leena

Damaramu

Hotbutter Spoontoaster

And if anyone can find him - My Eyebrow is on Fire

Guest Bullshiterica

My Eyebrow Is On Fire is such an old banning, like pre-Dames Board Crash, that really, he should be free to come back whenever he wants to.

Damaramu is about to be provisionally reinstated. If my complaint box gets flooded he's back out the door.

It would be interesting to see what happens if Leena was let back in and everyone, I mean EVERYONE, put her on ignore. She would not hack accounts anymore because she'd get to post, but no one would really have to deal with her bullshit. It'd be like everything she says gets no-sold and she might just go away on her own.

I think Dama probably gave up on trying to come back. I'll let him know if he comes on AIM.

Wasn't Dama just posting at the Pit about how unfair it was that he was banned? People like him don't get over TSM.

By the way, that's why I support the reinstatement of Dama and a few others. They were really passionate about their posting. That passion usually got out of hand, which led to their respective downfalls, but hopefully their time away has taught them something.

Guest Bullshiterica
Would folks like Hotbutter even know they're unbanned? Surely people banned in 2006 would move on with their lives.

Yeah, that's the thing. Anglesault has been gone longer than he was here. He may not even check the board anymore.

You know Hotbutter hasn't moved on.

I don't go to the Pit, so I don't know what he's been doing over there, nor DVDVR for that matter either. When I talk to him he seemed defeated in never coming back to TSM, or that's the sense I get from him. (in regards to Cheech's post)