TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

Black People Slowdown

This "shawty" thing kind of grates my tits. I'm on board with the word itself as a slang term, but that spelling is just some deliberately stupid nonsense.

Well...to be fair, that is what is being said. If they wrote "shorty" and said "shawty" then it is just being deceptive.

If you are in Atlanta enough you will evetually hear just "shaw". Nothing new or anything, people have been saying that for years.

And this eventually leads to language becoming so debased that we'll be communicating through nothing but a series of monosyllabic grunts.

"Shaw."

"Right."

"Is."

"Word."

I just gave you directions to the Hartsfield-Jackson Airport.

And this eventually leads to language becoming so debased that we'll be communicating through nothing but a series of monosyllabic grunts.

"Shaw."

"Right."

"Is."

"Word."

I just gave you directions to the Hartsfield-Jackson Airport.

That is a southern accent though. every word is somehow made shorter.

"I went in the store and took my dog" becomes "I wen'n sto n tookda dawg"

Its really incredible when you sit back and listen to it.

Without Carnival around to translate for me, I haven't been able to understand black folks in a while now.

As a result, Tyler Perry's House of Payne brings, like, next to nothing to the table in terms of laffs.

Don't worry, I understand it perfectly, and still no laffs

I'm glad we can have this friendly discussion on this topic.

Ripper, you have to remember that it takes time for things to reach us up here in the Pacific NW.

Oh it happens everywhere though. I remember about a year ago this lady at work was just mesmorized by the whole Bling Bling thing...which was over around 7 years ago.

Kinfolk is awesome.

I don't use it but it is fucking awesome.

As is talmbout. I actually do use that one from time to time just to throw people off.

Be weary of the context the word is used, because some words have more than one meaning.

Example 1

Random Guy: "Damn! That nigga got dat donk lookin right on dem 24s

Translation: "Wow! The Gentleman has his Classic Chevrolet looking amazing on those rather large wheels"

Example 2

Random Guy: "Damn! Shawty Gotta Donk!!

Translation: " Oh My! That young lady has quite a large, lovely backside.

Just a small sample of our southern slang

I tell you, being as I'm more of a midwest (with some time on the East coast) brotha, I still don't know what the fuck "trill" means...I remember hearing UGK going on about being "trill ass niggas" in the very early 90s and going HUH???

I also find it amusing that Outkast amongst others were using the word "crunk" in the mid 90s, yet it didn't really take off until Lil Jon started up his act in 02/03.

I tell you, being as I'm more of a midwest (with some time on the East coast) brotha, I still don't know what the fuck "trill" means...I remember hearing UGK going on about being "trill ass niggas" in the very early 90s and going HUH???

I also find it amusing that Outkast amongst others were using the word "crunk" in the mid 90s, yet it didn't really take off until Lil Jon started up his act in 02/03.

Trill=Hard

As in like street

and all this time i thought a "trill" was a kind of sound. like how Spanish speakers trill their "r"s.

Without Carnival around to translate for me, I haven't been able to understand black folks in a while now.

As a result, Tyler Perry's House of Payne brings, like, next to nothing to the table in terms of laffs.

House of Payne just isn't funny.