TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hawk 34

The Departures and Arrivals of WWE

Usually at this time of the year, WWE likes to bring in new guys and release those who are considered dead weight or people that they have no plans for. It's never a good thing to see someone lose a job but it's the nature of the business. Who do you feel is at the most risk to be released from WWE? Who do you think is ready or will be coming up anyways?

Have to agree, I think Chavo is on his way out, squashed for the title, one his last 'Wellness Policy' warning, dropped down from SD onto ECW. I don't think people really care for him that much. Is it safe to say he was only in WWE because Eddie was?

Carlito, another fine suggestion, after watching WM and that strange 'WM Advert' where the Seagull buries him, kinda, he should go. What's he done in the last 12 months? Hell, what has he done since his feud with Cena way back when? I don't get the love for him off some messageboards I've read, have I missed something? Ok, I've never seen his work outside of WWE, but there's really nothing to suggest that I should.

Highlanders, yeah they'll probably go to, one is injured other has heat due to appearing in the crowd at a TNA event. The only thing they did was have 'funny' debut vignettes. Then they had that strange turn where they sided with Vince McMahon to squash DX and then just disappeared.

Is it too stupid to suggest Jeff Hardy and Rey Mysterio at this point? Jeff on his 2nd warning of the Wellness and Rey injured AGAIN.

I don't see them dropping Rey. He still helps with the Smackdown ratings and brings in the money from kids and Hispanics. Isn't his DVD #2 amongst the current wrestler specific DVDs out right now? No, he'd have to be a fuck up like Jeff Hardy before they willingly let him go, constant injuries aside.

Is it too stupid to suggest Jeff Hardy and Rey Mysterio at this point? Jeff on his 2nd warning of the Wellness and Rey injured AGAIN.

We might need to give you a wellness test, pal, cuz u on some drugs. I believe Rey is still the #2 ratings draw in the fed behind Cena and Hardy is as over with the live crowd as anybody.

I expect Chavo vs Kane will have a legit rematch on ECW this week. He's not going anywhere either, both as a Guerrero and because the wwe is criminally short on Mexican/Latin American wrestlers to appeal to that growing fanbase.

Sadly that will save Carlito as well. I think he's garbage and wish they would have let him go before. He really looks like he is half assing it in the ring, brings no passion/emotion and moves in slow motion.

As for who I think should go or is in danger of going -

Ashley is at the top of my list. She is terrible in the ring, is a terrible character adding really nothing and already posed nekkid.

Charlie Haas is in danger, as they've tried a lot of different ideas with him and he can't get over. I think he might get a SD! switch for one last chance. I really think his best option is in a no-nonsense tag team. Developmental Jake Hager is a fellow Oklahoman and Collegiate wrestler - I think a pairing could work. Hell, even have Jerry Briscoe manage them for a spell.

Snitsky - Channel change material.

Hacksaw Jim Duggan - Nostalgia run was long over.

Deuce and Domino will be repackaged, Cherry will be released.

Balls Mahoney - not being used and offers little in the ring

Boogeyman - Goner

Armando Estrada - waste of time in GM only role.

Drew McIntyre - bland and offers nothing.

Mike Knox - Surprised he's lasted this long.

Johnny Jeter - Always rumored for a call-up, but never materializes.

As fr Developmental call-ups

Nic Nemeth

Eric Perez

Dibiase Jr

TJ Wilson(team with Harry Smith on SD!)

Nattie Neidhart (paired with Smith and Wilson on SD!)

Colt Cabana

Jay Bradley

More possibilities to ponder

Victoria: best female performer on Smackdown but an older woman in a company that hates older women

Torrie Wilson: injured, already did the Playboy cover, past Diva-peak age herself

Paul London: recurring injury issues, constantly in political trouble

Kevin Thorn: post vampire refit renders him meaningless

Val Venis: Why is he still there, again?

The opposite scenario seems more likely. Cherry was already turned face in the Smackdown diva contest. Deuce and Domino seem the ones played out.

The opposite scenario seems more likely. Cherry was already turned face in the Smackdown diva contest. Deuce and Domino seem the ones played out.

Cherry is going to be 34 yo in August - she can wrestle though. Deuce still has mileage as Jimmy Snuka's son and Domino is the youngest of the bunch at 28.

Guest Hasbeen2

If Val Venis was going to be released it would have happened already. He's valuable to the company working against new guys and just filling space when needed.

Not everyone knows Cherry is older than the average Diva, though. I don't think any of the three are on the chopping block, but Cherry's stock has risen while Deuce and Domino's has dropped way off.

I don't think Big Daddy V will be around much longer, but the same is often said about Mark Henry. They gave him the monster push then did nothing with it and though I don't care for him, Henry is more capable in the ring than V and can play the same role.

Val Venis, Chavo Guerrero, and Stevie Richards should not appear on anybody's list for obvious reasons. I don't know why people keep doing that. Val especially, I can't imagine him ever leaving the company at this point. Anyways, outside of Cherry, Canadian Dragon listed everyone I would have.

Chavo hasn't entertained me since Pepe went in to the wood chipper.

I may be in the minority but I enjoyed him hawking Amway products to The Barbarian and the luchadors during Russo's first stint in WCW.

Chavo hasn't entertained me since Pepe went in to the wood chipper.

I may be in the minority but I enjoyed him hawking Amway products to The Barbarian and the luchadors during Russo's first stint in WCW.

That was pretty awesome.

Chavo is a good midcard fodder type, but nothing more and surely not title material, even the ECW variety. I waver on him, sometimes am high on him and other times no so much. I was all for a Benoit/Chavo Guerrero US Title feud after Chavo took out Mysterio's knee. However there just isn't any compelling matches for him anywhere on the card. Look at the roster of any of the brands and tell me there is a match with Chavo you just have to see?

I wouldn't have minded a Benjamin vs Guerrero ECW Title feud, but that's not going to happen. I think he needs to find a tag team partner or risk becoming Val Venis if he's lucky or Nunzio/Funaki if he's not so lucky. His best spot might be in TNA actually, with the possibility of returning down the line.

Val Venis is a lifer, he's not going anywhere unless he does something incredibly stupid.

Where was BDV for WM? I assume he is hurt or there is personal issues that kept him off the card? Was he at the HOF ceremony?

411mania.com is reporting pneumonia.

I'm sure Chavo, Val, and Richards all have cushy agent jobs when they finally retire. \

I think it's over Snit, D and D, and probably Kevin Thorn.

Harris, Killings, Cabana, and Sydall will all debut this year. I also have a feeling WWE will make a play for Danielson in the near future, Eric Stevens seems like a guy they'd give a developmental deal too also.

But what does Danielson offer to the WWE? You might get a decent match out of him against someone old school like Finlay or Regal, but he won't have the aura of awesomeness that came from ROH, he won't have the length of matches that he has in ROH that allowed him to be the 'back-to-basics' Danielson who won matches with bodyslams and bearhugs, he won't have the moveset to allow him to use cravate suplexes and cattle mutilations, and (most importantly) he has neither the charisma, the look or the marketability that CM Punk has and which allowed him to negate the other post-ROH factors.

I would say goodbye to:

Paul Birchill

Kenny Dykstra

Gene Snitsky

The Highlanders

Domino (They'll repackage Deuce with something based off being Snuka's son)

Super Crazy

Shane Helms

Shannon Moore

Khali after the Big Show storyline is finished

and Hornswaggle

I'm not familliar at all with developmental, so I have no clue about anyone being brought up