TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thanks for the Fish

WWE Draft 2008

Supplemental Draft:

Raw gets Kofi, Shelton, and somehow Matt Hardy back.

SmackDown gets Miz, Morrison, Elijah, and Evan Bourne

ECW gets Snitsky, Charlie Haas, and Val Venis

Supplemental Draft:

Now I know they don't really care that much about ECW, but seriously...I don't think they want complete 0 ratings. What would the ECW title feud be? Dreamer/Knox?

I mentioned in the Raw thread, the 3 best things about ECW to me right now, are Bourne, Kofi, and Shelton. I would hate to see them go anywhere else right now. As they all shine right now, on the 1 hour show, where they get a pretty decent amount of time for a match where they get to show off their skills, and the occasional backstage promo.

I think they'd get lost in the shuffle on any other show. (mostly in the case of Kofi and bourne)

Supplemental Draft:

Now I know they don't really care that much about ECW, but seriously...I don't think they want complete 0 ratings. What would the ECW title feud be? Dreamer/Knox?

I mentioned in the Raw thread, the 3 best things about ECW to me right now, are Bourne, Kofi, and Shelton. I would hate to see them go anywhere else right now. As they all shine right now, on the 1 hour show, where they get a pretty decent amount of time for a match where they get to show off their skills, and the occasional backstage promo.

I think they'd get lost in the shuffle on any other show. (mostly in the case of Kofi and bourne)

He was being sarcastic.

What is interesting about the supplemental draft is that Smackdown is being taped right now so it could be interesting how it plays out.

It is also interesting to look at ECW tonight and see if they blew off a certain feud.

Supplemental Draft:

ECW should get Super Crazy just so they can mention his tenure in the original ECW before having him get squashed 3 or 4 weeks straight.

SUPPLEMENTAL DRAFT UPDATE

by Dave Scherer @ 8:12 PM on 6/24/2008

The supplemental talent draft is scheduled to take place tomorrow. We will have more information on it when it becomes available.

that is awesome, hopefully we find out some info on ECW tonight

Corey Clayton - We're expecting the Supplemental Draft to last approx. 3 hours today.

--

WTF.

I don't have all day to watch the Internet!

..Sigh.

I'll go put some dinner on.

Last year, I coaxed alkeiper to come in and provide a running analysis on the draft, a la Mel Keiper. It lead to some pretty funny commentaries. One such gem was: "Eugene? That's retarded!."

Mark Henry to ECW.

[Comment From Raymond]

this is awesomee

[Comment From Tiger]

+400 pound for the land of extreme

[Comment From shredder]

thank god ecw gets someone

Edit:

God, is Henry winning the ECW title this Sunday?

Mark Henry to ECW.

I fully expected that to come at some point today. As mentioned in another thread, he has been inserted into the ECW Title match at NOC, and his winning the belt would now keep the belt on ECW.

Edit---I guess that wasn't really a spoiler at all.

Mark Henry to ECW.

What a surprise considering he was added to the ECW title match yesterday. I HATE this move because Henry is so damn plodding in the ring. ECW is too small a roster for Henry, he needs to be lost in Raw or SD! not be the focal point dominating big man on ECW.

At least Big Daddy V will likely leave ECW. I suppose Henry just takes Kane's role over, though Henry vs any ECW wrestler does absolutely nothing for me. This is a supreme case of subtraction by addition as ECW just got worse for adding Henry.

Yeah, I totally expected to see Henry to ECW, and for him to win the title this Sunday.

We're in store for a Henry/Hardy world title feud on ECW folks.

Every ten minutes for three hours means 18 wrestlers will move today? I hope London and Kendrick are split and London lands in ECW.

Deuce heading to Raw is a lock. Murdoch off of Raw is likely another. Chavo to SD! so he can beat Hardy for the US title at NOC is pretty likely as well.

Has the draft locked up for anybody else?

What do you mean locked up? the chat?

And Noble to RAW...don't really see anything happening for him there.

Jamie Noble to Raw?? I thought he was a roadie for SD/ECW? Gerwitz(or whatever) likes his comedy (whichis why Santino isn't expected to move) so many Jamie will be used on Raw.

Perhaps that is due to ECW being taped on Mandays soon. He would be a full-time producer for ECW. That said, why not just send him to ECW, where he could also wrestle and add some depth to the roster?

I would say that Ross' feelings were hurt that he wasn't told, for one thing.

I know... they tell Michael Cole of all people before the match began... just look at how excited he is when the camera cuts over to the announcers.

Perhaps that is due to ECW being taped on Mandays soon. He would be a full-time producer for ECW. That said, why not just send him to ECW, where he could also wrestle and add some depth to the roster?

Good point with ECW moving to being taped Mondays. Maybe they don't want him working for the same brand he is a road agent for.

Assuming Carlito is moved, which could be tricky since HHH is now on SD!, Santino and Noble could be an oddball tag team. Another possibility would be Noble teaming with Holly when Rhodes eventually joins the Legacy stable. Working with Noble on a regular basis on house shows would really help out the youngsters in the second generation stable.

What's the Carlito/HHH issue?

Carlito talked shit about Triple H marrying Steph for his position with the company. This was at a presser in Puerto Rico, I believe.

What's the Carlito/HHH issue?

Well it's not really an issue, other than Calrito blasting HHH in SA press for marrying into his spot. It's more Carly wanted an opportunity and a push up the card, and as long as HHH in on SD! there will always be a block towards upward mobility.