TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

WWE Raw (4/28/2008)

You know, I've seen some OVW shows in the past that ended like this, but there's a big difference in ending a nothing show like OVW with that and ending a Raw with a world title match like that. Please tell me this won't lead to another inane 3 way at Judgment Day with HHH/Orton/JBL, with JBL obviously being the guy who jobs. In fact why is JBL even issuing challenges when he was the first man eliminated and has no basis for another shot?

Cause he's a wrestling god?

WHAT HAPPENED LIVE IN THE ARENA WHEN WILLIAM REGAL FORCED RAW OFF THE AIR

by Mike Johnson

Monday Night Raw went off the air without a definitive winner as the storyline was William Regal forced the show to go off the air. Live in the IZOD Center in East Rutherford, NJ, WWE champion Triple H and Randy Orton brawled before Orton powdered out and Triple H's music hit. There was no announced winner, so the live crowd didn't get a conclusive result, either.

It's a Raw ending you'll either really love or really hate.

Apparently Regal also came out and ended it for the fans live.

With the exception of Orton at No Mercy 2007, when was the last time a former champion won the title back by using the rematch clause?

John Cena from Edge, Royal Rumble 2006

Yeah in fact I ranted about this while watching Raw, I am absolutely fed up with this shit with the Rematch Clause. It has become this ultra lame booking crutch for both WWE and TNA when they can't think of any actual reason as to why a guy should keep getting shots at a belt. "Oh, I get to use my rematch clause." Whatever happened to guys actually just jobbing the belt and then...they just jobbed? Did Hogan have a fucking Rematch Clause after he lost to the Warrior? No. He jobbed and didn't get near the belt again for a year.

This is a way to get Regal over as a main event heel, and I don't really mind it.

I'm really interested to see how his feud with Kennedy fares out, especially since it's going to be the 1st time we actually get to really view Kennedy as a full fledge face.

Did Hogan have a fucking Rematch Clause after he lost to the Warrior? No. He jobbed and didn't get near the belt again for a year.

Comparing early 90's storylines to nowadays isn't helping your point.

Did Hogan have a fucking Rematch Clause after he lost to the Warrior? No. He jobbed and didn't get near the belt again for a year.

You're right. Orton should take some time off to film Suburban Commando. I'd buy that for a dollar.

Yeah in fact I ranted about this while watching Raw, I am absolutely fed up with this shit with the Rematch Clause. It has become this ultra lame booking crutch for both WWE and TNA when they can't think of any actual reason as to why a guy should keep getting shots at a belt. "Oh, I get to use my rematch clause." Whatever happened to guys actually just jobbing the belt and then...they just jobbed? Did Hogan have a fucking Rematch Clause after he lost to the Warrior? No. He jobbed and didn't get near the belt again for a year.

Hogan left the company for a while after that match.

It makes no sense for a champion to lose his title and then just go on as nothing happened. Every former champion is going to want a rematch because he feels he shouldn't have lost the title. Should they always get one? No. But it's as good a reason as any for someone to get a title shot.

Guess I'm skipping Judgment Day then.

(so sick of the HHH / RKO feud)

WHAT HAPPENED LIVE IN THE ARENA WHEN WILLIAM REGAL FORCED RAW OFF THE AIR

by Mike Johnson

Monday Night Raw went off the air without a definitive winner as the storyline was William Regal forced the show to go off the air. Live in the IZOD Center in East Rutherford, NJ, WWE champion Triple H and Randy Orton brawled before Orton powdered out and Triple H's music hit. There was no announced winner, so the live crowd didn't get a conclusive result, either.

It's a Raw ending you'll either really love or really hate.

Memo to Vince: David Chase called and he's suing for gimmick infringement.

Where did Orton get the powder from to throw in H's eyes to get out of the hold? (Yes, I realize that's just a typo and should probably say "powered out", but hey, I'm sure they can take it since they love dishing it out).

That was quite the bizarre show - the matches were all lame duck while the show built to the main event and then it had Regal going crazy. One on hand that's very WCW but I was laughing at the TV when it happened and thought Regal was being fairly awesome through the whole thing. I also enjoyed Trevor Murdoch singing a song about true friendship and how his heel alliance with Cade should continue. The Highlight Reel was also tremendous entertainment.

I said it before but Kennedy's remix is quite catchy - it's not like his original song is any good so what's wrong with a tempo and beat you can tap your toes to? Nothing, that's what.

I figured JD would be a cage match based on the prison setting of the poster.

That was such a bloody cool ending! Regal rules. Long live the king!!!

LMAO at Santino's promo before his match.

Where did Orton get the powder from to throw in H's eyes to get out of the hold? (Yes, I realize that's just a typo and should probably say "powered out", but hey, I'm sure they can take it since they love dishing it out).

I'm pretty sure it meant Orton took a powder as in bailed from the ring.

Who's booking with Hayes suspended and Steph on Maternity Leave?

It's like they just went with bizarro booking. Murdoch breaking into a country tune, Cody Rhodes coming back in the ring to grab a mic and trash talk, Burchill and Katie vs Crazy, Piper and Santino's segment and the finish...

The only question I have for people that liked that ending was, if TNA pulled the same thing would we be hearing "that was great", or would we hear "crappy Russo booking again?" I think the people that liked it would have hated TNA doing the same thing. I'm not saying that everything TNA does is great, far from it, but it was a crappy ending that doesn't get me interested in next week. It turns me off as a fan.

Regal is an awesome prick who KOs Kennedy and then shits on the crowd... great beginning for King Regal.

Murdoch has so much talent, that skit was designed to either get a lot of boos, or be a train wreck... and he gets a pop from it. I hope they eventually do something with him.

The only question I have for people that liked that ending was, if TNA pulled the same thing would we be hearing "that was great", or would we hear "crappy Russo booking again?" I think the people that liked it would have hated TNA doing the same thing. I'm not saying that everything TNA does is great, far from it, but it was a crappy ending that doesn't get me interested in next week. It turns me off as a fan.

TNA wouldn't have been smart enough to come up with such a idea.

Murdoch has so much talent, that skit was designed to either get a lot of boos, or be a train wreck... and he gets a pop from it. I hope they eventually do something with him.

I know. If the whole purpose of that segment was to break them up, maybe repackage Murdoch as a singles guy with a full on country singer gimmick. For his promos, he can drop lines from Toby Keith and Kenny Chesney.