TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

ECW on Sci-Fi (5/13/2008)

After picking up a historic win on ECW’s 100th Episode, Colin Delaney will at long last sign a contract to become the Land of the Extreme’s newest Superstar on the next ECW on SciFi. The persistence and passion has finally paid off for Delaney whose dreams came true after defeating General Manager Armando Estrada. But will the youngster with a small stature, but a big heart, have what it takes to be a success in ECW? How will Delaney match up to his fellow Extreme Superstars? And what will Estrada have in store for Delaney?

ECW Champion Kane joined forces with CM Punk to defeat Chavo Guerrero & Bam Neely in tag team action. Mr. Money in the Bank delivered a devastating G.T.S. to Guerrero for the win as WWE Tag Team Champions The Miz & John Morrison looked on. The Big Red Machine and the Straightedge Superstar are an Extreme force when paired together – how will these two Superstars leave their mark in the Land of the Extreme? And when will Punk cash in his Money in the Bank privileges?

Kofi Kingston remains undefeated in ECW action after defeating Matt Striker on Tuesday as Shelton Benjamin offered guest commentary. But after defeating “Your Teacher," Benjamin stormed into the ring to attack Kingston, leaving him face-down on the mat. Has Kingston finally met his match? Will the “Gold Standard” be able to stop the Jamaican Superstar’s winning streak?

Finally, Mick Foley will also make his return to ECW and Matt Striker’s Classroom next week. What will transpire between the Hardcore Legend and “Your Teacher”? What does the SmackDown color commentator have in store for the Land of the Extreme?

To find out the answers to these questions and more, tune into Tuesday’s ECW on Sci Fi at 10/9 CT. Also, be sure to catch ECW in its entirety every week on WWE.com, available from Wednesday to the following Monday afternoon.

WWE Tag Team Champions The Miz & John Morrison vs. ECW Champion Kane & CM Punk

was added to Judgment Day. Wow, a tag title match on PPV. Who would've thought. But I'm glad.

I hope Punk and Kane don't win...I'm not interested in seeing the 'TAG PARTNERS THAT DON'T GET ALONG' scenario for the billionth time...and it almost garuntees that Punk will use his MITB on Kane.

*awaits post after post of people complaining about CM Punk jobbing to Miz totally clean*

Well, what do you expect? They're supposedly supposed to be building him up as a credible threat to the main event with the MITB...Of course we're going to complain!

I don't think enough people watch ECW, but once people hear from other complaints about it they'll join in.

In other news, what the hell man. Miz beat Punk squeaky clean. Rabble rabble.

I can't wait until CM Punk cashes in the MITB...and jobs once again.

I fully expect that to happen, maybe leading to him turning heel, I dunno, but I think it'll happen.

I could see Punk turning heel on Kane and doing a 3 on 1 beatdown with Miz and Morrison at the PPV, and then immediately cashing in MITB on him. Biggest problem with that though is that the ECW roster is already thin enough on faces.

Which brings the question...what would people prefer to see happen? Punk using the MITB on either the SD or Raw title and losing, or "wasting" the MITB on the ECW title and winning it?

Complaining about him jobbing to Matt Hardy or Edge is completely unjustified, but c'mon, it's the Miz.

And the ideal scenario before Palumbo and Miz would've been grabbing the vacant belt and turning heel.

I'd rather see him go for the RAW or Smackdown title than the ECW title. At least with either of those title shots, he'd be in a match that would actually get a fair amount of time and maybe even get to main event a PPV instead of being in the opening or next to opening match.

Well it's one thing to complain about Punk losing to a more or less equal wrestler like Matt Hardy with a roll up. I don't wanna be the one to say "uh oh Punk is in trouble again" but I don't see what logic there is to having Punk lose here. He's going into a tag match with Miz and Morrison; you generally have the face challengers win all the non-title or singles matches decisively before you do whatever it is you're going to do at the ppv. On top of that, ever since Punk has won money in the bank he's lost more matches than at any other time in his WWE career and this doesn't help at all. But hey, maybe they'll go somewhere with it.

I get a good laugh every time Punk loses, it never fails. It also helps that I think Miz, is more entertaining than Punk.

MIZ?

I can see maybe Morrison, but MIZ?

I get a good laugh every time Punk loses, it never fails. It also helps that I think Miz, is more entertaining than Punk.

MIZ?

I can see maybe Morrison, but MIZ?

Morrison is light years better than Punk, that's a given. I think Miz is more entertaining than Punk also, eventhough Miz might not be a better wrestler than Punk to some people.

Morrison's a good hand, but he's really not "light years" better than CM Punk. He's better in tag matches.

I don't know, Punk best matches has came from Morrison. Yet, I've seen Morrison have better matches with Jeff than his series with Punk, and his match with Batista might've been Batista best match this year, that didn't involve Taker. Morrison (to me) is great in single and tag teams, Punk is ok, but given a choice between the 2, I'd take Morrison easily.

I still don't get the running joke that I'm somehow this mega Punk mark. Hell, all I've done is question the logic in him winning the MITB and then take loss after loss on TV when in theory they should be building him up for a title shot. And yes, cashing it in for the ECW belt is completely idiotic. Why would Punk cash in a MITB for a belt he's held multiple times and could get a title shot for whenever he wanted?

Besides, long time posters here know that WWE jobbing out Rob Van Dam is the main thing that could make me throw a throne into the TV.

Complaining about him jobbing to Matt Hardy or Edge is completely unjustified, but c'mon, it's the Miz.

So Punk losing to someone who has held a tag team title for months isn't ok?

Maybe.

You've got Punk who's made his name on singles matches in ECW, he's gone out and worked match after match as a singles star and earned his main recognition as such.

Miz, you've got someone who was a passable singles star and never really did much of anything to make you think he was a credible singles star. Now he's with Morrison and is a tag champion.. in a way proving that on his own, he couldn't garner singles recognition so it took him teaming with someone else that compliments him in order to hold a title.

So in that aspect.. yeah. Punk losing to someone who is more known for his tag role as of late could be seen as slightly discerning.

(Granted, I don't really have a problem with Miz and actually think the guy's got some talent and has been improving by leaps and bounds from where he was originally with the company. I just figure I'm on the side that Punk as the winner of MITB should be built up to be a threat to the big boys and not drop matches cleanly to a GM or be side-tracked by Hawkins / Ryder and get speared out of his boots for like..the second or third time)

I could see Punk turning heel on Kane and doing a 3 on 1 beatdown with Miz and Morrison at the PPV, and then immediately cashing in MITB on him. Biggest problem with that though is that the ECW roster is already thin enough on faces.

Which brings the question...what would people prefer to see happen? Punk using the MITB on either the SD or Raw title and losing, or "wasting" the MITB on the ECW title and winning it?

If Kane gets pinned, I guarantee they'll tease Punk cashing in right there but he wont. Punk isn't going to be turned heel as hes probably a top 5 face right now.