TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Atticus Chaos

Joss Whedon's Dollhouse

After being horribly dissappointed by the pilot, I was gonna wait to watch it because Whedon was saying in the press that the show wouldn't be any good for 6 weeks, and by the time the 6th week rolled around I'd lost any interest in checking it out.

Is the reason the first 5 supposedly stunk (according to you guys and every one else who's seen it) because of the network?

It's over. While there hasn't been an official cancellation notice yet, semi-official sources are already leaking that the network will not be airing the 13th and last shot episode of Dollhouse. Way to go, Fox, you fucked the show and you fucked the fans exactly like we were all saying you would.

It's over. While there hasn't been an official cancellation notice yet, semi-official sources are already leaking that the network will not be airing the 13th and last shot episode of Dollhouse. Way to go, Fox, you fucked the show and you fucked the fans exactly like we were all saying you would.

It's a bit more complicated that that, Jingus. Omega is the series finale. Epitah One is actually an extra episode (set in the dollhouse universe, but way, way ahead in the future, and likely not with any regular characters.) I agree it doesn't look good, because you'd think if Fox had any faith in the show they'd find some way to show it. I mean the show is probably screwed, but not showing the final episode has nothing to do with it one way or another since they never intented to.

As for blaming Fox for Dollhouse. ..I think you can blame them for firefly but Dollhouse had plenty of flaws on it's own. You even had die hard Whedon fans being quite heavily critical of the format, premise..etc. And it has has been pointed out the first 5 episodes weren't very good at all. I thought pairing it with terminator was a good move on Fox's part, and they gave it more of a chance than they've given other shows.

I actually quite enjoyed all the episodes... except for the first one.

Also, hooray for finding ways to incorporate other Firefly actors -

Wash is Alpha!!