TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
milliondollarchamp

Fringe

the official description for the pilot episode from FOX:

"Fringe" – When an international flight lands at Boston's Logan Airport and the passengers and crew have all died grisly deaths, FBI Special Agent Olivia Dunham is called in to investigate. When the search nearly kills her partner, Special Agent John Scott, a desperate Olivia searches frantically for someone to help, leading her to Dr. Walter Bishop, our generation's Einstein. There's only one catch: He's been institutionalized for the last 20 years, and the only way to question him requires pulling his estranged son, Peter, in to help. Under Special Agent Phillip Broyles, our trio will discover that what happened on that fatal flight is only a small piece of a larger, more shocking truth.

Trailer

This is one of new shows that i am looking forward to the most its JJ Abrams takes on The X-files and it has a pretty good cast Joshua Jackson, Kirk Acevedo, Lance Reddick & John Noble.

Actually, I was making a joke about him making up Lost as he went along.

But whatever :P

only a half hour in...it's nearly putting me to sleep

I actually started dozing off about 45 minutes in. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that the main character is a female. I just can't into shows led by women.

I can't wait for it to end so that I can watch Hole in the Wall. :)

I made it an hour and switched over to Eureka...

Several things bugged me.

1: The main female lead seems to wear "serious" face for the whole hour that I saw.

2: The dialogue just wasn't there for me... outside of the "preamble and kicker" line, nothing impressed me dialogue wise.

3: The writing of the places was annoying.as.fuck! Seriously jarring and made me "forget" I was watching a show and totally took me out of the moment/scenes.

Fuck all ya'll. That shit was banana's. I can't waiting until the next episode.

John Noble totally owns this show. Eating chow-mein and watching Spongebob, asking for the cow, homemade LSD. All of it. The file reveal from Broyle to Dunn was a total "OH SNAP" moment and the reveal that Dunn's lover was involved with the bio-tech company was an even bigger moment. Granted, the graphics on the metal arm were weak but they've totally planted the seeds for some serious shit to go down in the next few episodes.

Jackson is a great actor, why would you doubt his ability to do good stuff with good material? Anyways, lived up to the relative hype but hopefully they stay on track which tends to be a issue with these types of shows.

Yeah, to me it's really coming off more like Resident Evil movie series minus the zombies and super powers. It wasn't bad, it was alright for a pilot and some nice twists.

It has potential. I'll give it a few weeks but it's gotta hit me a little more cause Eureka is just more fun at this point.

I think they're going to be investigating strange occurrences like the high pitched sound that caused a typhoon killing 83,000 people. Also the lady who woke up from her coma saying numbers that were correct locations for battle cruisers or whatever. I think they are going to be looking at these crazy things that happen and figuring out how they connect to each other.

Yeah, to me it's really coming off more like Resident Evil movie series minus the zombies and super powers. It wasn't bad, it was alright for a pilot and some nice twists.

It has potential. I'll give it a few weeks but it's gotta hit me a little more cause Eureka is just more fun at this point.

... Eureka's on 2 hours before Fringe.

... Eureka's on 2 hours before Fringe.

Fringe is going to air at 11pm? I've got a Tuesday night set up of House/NCIS at 8 [god damn FOX messed everything up there], Eureka/Fringe at 9 and The Shield at 10. Right now, Fringe is fifth on the scale of importance due to being a new show.

So I really don't know where Eureka is on two hours before Fringe. On the east coast, the new episodes of Eureka and Fringe are both on at 9. If I like Fringe then yeah, I'll start recording Eureka at midnight like I did this week. I'll give any show a few episodes after the pilot since a pilot can be rather ho hum. But the show didn't really wow me yet, it had cool moments but some of the characters are really boring individuals.