TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

All-Time Wrestling Roster Draft

I was actually going to go with another team, but as silly as it seems.. even this late into it, I had a feeling FVE wouldn't get back to me in the next few picks.

Oh well.. i've got a few more picks that I know for sure won't go in the next 40 picks.

I would have cried if you'd broken up my Men on a Mission vs. Los Ice Creams dream match, Drury.

I’m taking yet another heel that could be a face but like most, he’s better suited as a heel. The photo doesn’t indicate the version I’m intending to use, it was just the best picture. He had a rivalry with many great faces in the business including one of my previous selections, Tommy Dreamer. Unfortunately, his constant drug abuse cut a promising career drastically short but for his time, he was a well traveled performer who worked with some of the best.

With the next selection in the draft, I have chosen

07.jpg

Louie Spicolli

Okay, moment of truth. Brooklyn Zoo gets one wrestler for his 29th round pick, then he:

A) Has to declare his locale (Arena and city)

B) Gets to select either a manager or wrestling talent

Nothing like a night of beer and Jagermeister to give you some crazy yet equally awesome ideas of what to do in the coming rounds...

I'll pick a wrestler when I update this later cause i'm on PSP but want to get the pick in.

I select Madison Square Garden (New York City)

madison-square-garden.jpg

and Bobby Heenan.

BobbyHeenan020.jpg

Pretty predictable result there with Heenan and MSG. Luckily, Heenan wasn't the guy I was hoping to get, so I catch a break with that.

I'll have my venue and manager up very, very shortly.

First, let’s get the venue out of the way. There was much indecision and it was specifically between two separate territories that I have sought since this concept was implemented. After coming to terms of which territory would be the host of this promotion, I had another task to determine WHERE this would occur. This general area has many great, great venues to choose from. It felt somewhat disappointing that only one would be selected but I have a strong feeling other venues in this territory will find their way into someone else’s promotion. I welcome that hypothetical competition.

Where will my promotion be located? Irving, Texas.

3170TexasStadium.jpg

Texas Stadium holds the distinction of being a great location as the Dallas area has been a great base for professional wrestling for great action, superb characters and top quality drama. The Dallas/Ft. Worth area had a rich selection of venues and I probably passed on the most historically significant one of them simply because I wanted the biggest possible venue. Texas Stadium drew 40,000 for WCCW in the mid-1980’s to see Von Erich capture the title from Flair. I think I have quality draws in names like Piper, Raven, and of course, the Texan legend himself, Terry Funk to not just equal that draw but break it.

Now, in the incredibly rich history of professional wrestling, so many amazing managers and valets have come through. It can be said that my roster is already so top-heavy with heels; I couldn’t possibly include yet another…right? Well, I’ll continue to follow my own trends and take one of the best promos, genuine heat machine, and a perfect shit heel with absolute intelligence and mind-control.

With my first official Managerial selection, I have obtained

heyman.JPG

Paul Heyman

I was going to take an arena that would go with my Guerrero's/SCS fued, but since it's for my whole roster & there's a few different styles to incorporate, I'm going to take an overall venue.

Since Brook took the home of wrestling, i'll take (arguably) wrestling's second home.

St. Louis was a major wrestling hotbed for a long, long time, and mainly down to the Kiel Auditorium.

kiel.jpg

As for my manager selection..

Jim Cornette

I can't think of somebody better to be in the corner of the SCS against The Guerreros.

JimCornette.jpg

Motherfucker!

And, if I'm reading it right, shouldn't Brooklyn Zoo have a wrestler pick?

He does. Don't know why he couldn't have just selected one right then and there.

For my thirtieth pick, I'm going to take more wrestlers.

With the new trios/stable rule in effect, I'm going to pick a group that is perfect for jobbing and getting squashed as well as put on some fun undercard matches. Plus they are goofy and kid friendly...

chik3481.jpg

The Colony--Worker Ant, Soldier Ant and Fire Ant

spectrum.JPG

Now for my venue/arena, I'm going with the Philadelphia Spectrum. Philadelphia always brings a hot crowd and I think that they would add to the excitement.

I do realize that some of you might think that my roster isn't big enough for this size venue, but from my perspective it could work. I My supercard is the end of the season event and the promotion would be northeastern NJ based.

My promotion focuses more on strong, intense matches and old school style promos/interviews, so smarks and kids alike would be down with it. Plus with a triple main event featuring ChoTen/Briscoes in a ladder match for the tag titles, Jericho/Foley in a falls count anywhere title match, and the Lucha de Apuesta pitting Mistico/Delirious/Muta vs. Hero/Claudio/Wallstreet, this should be a sweet show.

If Stevie hadn't taken the Colony, I would have taken them. Curse you for runining my dreams of a fun, goofy undercard Stevie.

Gutsy move, not taking a manager in favour of the trio.

My roster has a bunch of great talkers so I didn't think one was needed at this point. The managers I will be looking into are more accessory types. There are a few that I have my eyes on for later rounds.

If Stevie hadn't taken the Colony, I would have taken them. Curse you for runining my dreams of a fun, goofy undercard Stevie.

With your pick of Los Ice Creams, I knew that they wouldn't come back to me.

Just a clarification:

By taking an arena in a particular city, does that city come off the board even if it is home to multiple venues?

I asked this question earlier and didn't get a response...can two draftees pick different venues in the same city? Let's say I want to pick a popular independent wrestling venue in Philadelphia (trying not to drop names), would you not allow it because Steviekick's already picked The Spectrum?

Edit: Aw- wasn't quick enough with my fingers. Now I'm getting nightmares from 6th grade Computer Skills class when the teacher berated me for typing like an ape. Damn you Mr. Robbins! Damn you to hell!

Okay...I've decided to take a manager...just because I'm getting a shot at one so quick off the board. The problem I faced was that...I don't think my guys need managers. They aren't great talkers...but they aren't really the kinds of guys that I worry about managers either. I'm not going with the version of Taker that would require one (I kinda want the Taker from his Mania XX return until now. Cause...he's had some really good work the last few years), Hansen and Steamboat I don't think need one...and a lot of my guys are foreigners. So they COULD use one...but I don't have anyone I want in mind to lead a foreign stable.

So I decided to just put guys together from my list that make sense to me as a heel faction. When I look at my top 4 guys I drafted (which were the singles guys I went after...and if I'm gonna use a pick on a manager...it's going to a top guy) I think that Taker, Steamboat and Hansen can stand on their own without any needed help. Owen could use help though if he's gonna be taken seriously in a program with Taker or Steamboat (my top faces). So he's in as the centerpiece of the group.

When I looked at my 4 tag teams Any of them could be heels or faces. I want LAX as a heel...but they don't fit into a group with Owen Hart. The other 2 teams are from Mexico and Japan. I like that my roster is spread throughout different regions...but I don't want them with Hart either. So that leaves the Guns. And I think Sabin, Shelley and Hart all fit beautifully together as a heel faction.

What they all have in common though is that they're smaller, faster wrestlers. So the group would need a tough guy. I'm still figuring out who that's gonna be. There's a couple different ways I'm thinking of going.

And they will be managed by...

dillon_jj.JPG

J.J. Dillon

That was a long write up to get to there...but it was kind of fun thinking things through like that.

Now onto the arena selection.

I have so many small, fast guys and foreign guys that I can't really run in one of the old WWF towns. They like something that I can't provide. If I were willing...I'd probably have a good run in Mexico since they like the fast style and they like foreign stars coming in...but I'm going to run in the US.

So I'm looking for an arena in a location where I think that the in ring product can be the sell. I kind of want to run the promotion like it was the old NWA on crack...if that makes sense.

So I randomly selected this one:

m-10869.jpg

The Omni

Atlanta, GA

That was exhausting.

Surprised me a little, I thought you might have taken somebody else dude to who One of your early picks was.

(manager wise)

I spent the last like...day...going back and forth on what I was going to do with that pick. It was all over the place. so much so that I had to create around 6 months of storylines in my head to decide who the best fit was going to be.