TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

All-Time Wrestling Roster Draft

I had a though/suggestion. If we're not able to have tag teams count as one pick, then maybe we might need to have 40 picks.

That's exactly how I want to do it. I'm currently piecing everything together and taking note of those who were interested last time but did not have a chance to get in on it. I want to keep it to twenty slots, though. I'll get back to you guys shortly.

This is how everything stands should everybody listed accept. If there is somebody who should be here who is not, then please let me know. Private messages will be sent out to those who need to be made aware. The blue individuals expressed interest in the initial draft but did not make the cut. I think that they deserve a shot more than myself or anybody else, so they are first in line. The green individuals are "do-over" players who suggested we do this shit, so they also get a shot back in. Red are new people who want in.

There is one spot left, and it is open to my discretion.

Canadian Chris

Jebus

Gert T

Kahran Rasmus

King Cucaracha

mw679

J-Hawk

6foot9

naiwf

Brooklynn Zoo

The Franchise

Steviekick

King Kamala

Maz

Garth

OOG

Hawk 34

tominator89

foleyfanforever88

Sivy

alkeiper

So far I have confirmation from Canadian Chris, Jebus and King Cucaracha.

I will give the other "blue guys" until noon tomorrow to RSVP. Green and red participants need not worry about getting in touch with me, unless they want to back out of the draft.

I say at the end we judge by a super card instead of storylines or what not. Just make one card, this card represents your brand, and thats it.

Yes. One card, one arena.

I want everybody to run separate cities/territories as well. There are more than enough locations to go around, worldwide. Let's keep it that way.

Yes. One card, one arena.

I want everybody to run separate cities/territories as well. There are more than enough locations to go around, worldwide. Let's keep it that way.

Can we go ahead and pick managers and arena any time?

For example, someone giving up Random Best Wrestler Ever as their first pick choosing to pick Random Greatest Arena Ever.

Yeah I think managers should be like wrestlers. Use them any way you'd like. That's why I'd like singles all the way so it gives you more flexibility.

I fully intend on sticking with these revisions:

1) Allowed only one selection at a time. No more tag team disputes. If you really want the British Bulldogs, then you can test your fate and hope that Davey Boy makes it back to you. Zoo got that one right when he hosted the rapper draft.

2) Managers, announcers, etc. would have been available from the start. This would have ended the "drafted Heenan as a wrestler but really for use as a manager" type controversy (don't remember if Heenan was specifically drafted for that purpose, but there were some managers who were taken under questionable circumstances).

3) Only one arena/city per person. I should have put my foot down. The initial idea called for separate home bases for everybody. I was so proud that I got my hands on the Rosemont Horizon, but it lost its shine when others had access to the United Center. Chicagoland was supposed to be mine!

4) Only one supercard. I also should have put my foot down on that one. Though some actually had it together enough to write a few weeks of TV leading up to their card, and they did it well, so it's not a heavy complaint, but with this exception comes the number of required venues.

Also, I am going to have people establish their location in the first round, at the same time that they post their first round selection.

Kahran sent me an RSVP, which just leaves three more people plus Sivy.

Don't forget Mellow (or whatever your current name is when you read this) if you want any assistance with anything big or small, me being out of work currently means i'm always about.

1) Never change your avatar.

+10

I figured that you, Zoo and Kamala are definitely my go-to guys here. I've got a couple of busy weekends coming up, but I also remember that this was easier than I thought it would be when I ran the first one. I'm working less now, so there you go.

Much appreciated, by the way.

Also, Sivy has sent me an RSVP.

EDIT: So has 6foot9.

I'd likely draft almost exactly the same as I did before, I'll give my spot up for someone else to play.

This should be tough for me. Thinking it over, maybe 95% of wrestlers ever my reaction is "hmm, yeah, I'd be happy having him on my roster." So I've got to narrow it down from my wishlist of about 800. Which is a lot even with other people picking them off too.

So apparently you can't get into the wrestling draft if you have a job. Both times it was announced around noon on a weekday, and closed by the evening. Come on!

You can have my spot.

I'm going completely different with my drafting philosophy for this draft. I went old-school because I figured few people would and I would reap the rewards but it was really hard to book shows with a ton of guys I was only kind of familiar with. My new roster will reflect more of my personal tastes, I think.

So...who's going to start the new thread for this? Whoever it is, I ask you to subtitle it "Electric Boogaloo". That joke never grows old.