TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

All-Time Wrestling Roster Draft

In the fourth round I select...

Randy-Orton-Photograph-C12348916.jpeg

Randy Orton.

I selected Randy Orton, because he can is a great heel who can give Hulk Hogan a run for his money. This former World Champion would also be a good match up for Mr. Perfect in my opinion.

I am sure that there are a number of talents that at least one member would have figured would have been selected by now. At this point, it's all about who works best for the company that you are building, so it's not so surprising to me. Anything after Hogan/Flair/Hart/Rock/Austin is no genuine surprise to me.

I'm shocked nobodies grabbed the ratings bonanza of

Ludvig Borga

Stupid Americans. They think it's the land of milk and honey. But down here, it stinks real funny.

Truthfully though, there is one pick that I'm STUNNED hasn't been made. If I was in this thing, it probably would have been my third round pick.

I was looking over the picks again and Mellow only has one team left to pick. :huh:

Shocking.

Also I'm trying to see were some of you are going with your picks too. Maybe they'll flesh out a bit later on. This is so fun.

Ludvig Borga, he's Al Gore's Champion

I think it's pretty obvious who I'm going to go with. Or who I'll be looking to draft.

Ludvig Borga?

I think it's pretty obvious who I'm going to go with. Or who I'll be looking to draft.

Ludvig Borga?

Former WCW Champion David Arquette?

I hoped that Lawler would manage to go seemingly unnoticed because Lawler-Piper in their respective primes would have been my money draw attraction.

08.jpg

Sgt. Slaughter

- Continuing my trend of guys who can both work and talk, here is one of the most underrated guys of all-time. Insanely over as a heel and as a face, I can feud him with basically anyone on my roster.

08.jpg

Diamond Dallas Page

- A great underdog face and someone the fans can rally behind. Always works hard, is good on the mic and can put on a pretty good match with the right opponent.

I was gonna take a 2nd tag team here with DDP but I couldn't believe that Slaughter is still around so I can't pass him up. Now I got my next 2 picks locked in stone although I fear neither will make it back to me.

I actually had DDP in my Magnum slot for the Teacher vs Pupil spot against Jake, but when I was checking the people drafted I was like... wait... nobody has taken Magnum yet? THE FUCK? And clicky-clickied.

Slaughter is a great pick too. I was praying to Santa Claus that he might slip back to me, but doubted it, so my plans aren't ruined. Also, I love the Purple Belt pic.

I just got the image of The Dudley's doing the Wassup Headbutt to Hawk who no sells it and yells, OOOOOOOOH WHAT A RUSH!

It was the best thing ever. :wub:

That takes another team from the MVC showdown. Those guys were 7th on the board for me. Dudleys-Road Warriors would be an interesting match.

Man, I can't believe it.

I go to work ONE night and about four of my picks go.

I wanted Big Show for my dominent big champion (but I have another in mind) Dallas Page for my plucky undercard guy and Jerry Lawler as my 70's memphis guy.

And definately, Orton was my next pick if Mysterio wasn't available.

Now i've really got to think.

For my 5th round and 75th overall pick of the draft, I choose:

jeffhardyfq9.jpg

Jeff Hardy. An exciting performer who is consistently over big style. Will do my promotion good to have some one stylistically different from everyone else on the roster as well. Will make a great upper-midcard face.

It felt like there was some one more obvious to take, but they were just too similar for my liking to some of my other picks.

This is probably the toughest decision I've had to make this draft. I narrowed it down to two and it really could have gone either way. Hopefully I made the right one and you won't secretly think I'm an ass! I literally flipped a coin for this one.

Anyways, for my fifth pick I wanted a team that could bump around for The Skyscrapers and play the charismatic underdogs. I really wanted an irresistable force Vs an immovable object type matchup. I know some people may have gone with a power team to match with The Skyscrapers but those matches have never been all that fun for me as a viewer. I've always been a fan of watching the big man-little man matches with the little man trying to overcome the odds. I don't worry about this team bumping around cause they spent the last parts of their career in the WWF as JTTS.

This team is one of the most underrated tag teams of the '80s. When they came together, they were already singles superstars. One was a former AWA World Champion and a two time WWF Tag Team Champion. The other a two time Intercontinental Champion and a former WWF Tag Team Champion. Their pairing was makeshift at first but immedietely when they started teaming up, it seemed like you were watching a team that had been perfecting their craft for years. Just a rock solid tag team. This team isn't mentioned on a lot of Best Of... lists but I think they should be. Behind The Hart Foundation and The British Bulldogs, they were perhaps the best the WWF had to offer for tag teams in the 80s (and yes I'm including The Rockers).

For my fifth pick and the 76th pick overall in the draft, I select...

06.jpg Tito Santana and Rick Martel...STRIKE FORCE

Only Strike Force could pull off having a soft rock theme song.

For those of you that are curious, the other team I was debating picking was

Super Crazy and "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan

I was actually hoping Martel would slide as a singles another few rounds for a stellar mid-card heel. What can I say, I marked for The Model. :wub:

"Arrogance"

Selecting on behalf of Crandamaniac.

With his initial appearances in WCW during its last days, he became one of the most talked about high-fliers in the North American wrestling landscape. His affiliation with ROH gave him the opportunity to showcase his all-around wrestling ability. Many would say that, of all of their homegrown talent, he is the franchise player in Total Nonstop Action.

The 77th selection...

The former NWA Heavyweight... X-Divison... NWA World Tag Team... ROH World Tag Team... ROH Pure Champion...

The Phenomenal...

A.J. Styles!

aj-styles-interview-200609050317082.jpg