TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Kamala

Kamala's Tape of The Month Club (a suggestion for a new regular th

Question: Is Havoc 95 really all that bad outside of the goofy Hogan/Giant nonsense? Didn't it have Pillman in a good match or something, along with the Horsemen turning on Sting and beating his ass?

Question: Is Havoc 95 really all that bad outside of the goofy Hogan/Giant nonsense? Didn't it have Pillman in a good match or something, along with the Horsemen turning on Sting and beating his ass?

Pillman is part of that match, which is really part match/part angle. I like '95 but I definitely consider it to be a guilty pleasure, as it's not that great. I actually saw this last October, when I was, well, in the mood to watch some Halloween Havoc cards. I'm a big mark for the early days of Nitro, which is probably the only reason I even like this show.

Also gets big ups just for the absolutely surreal concept of Sabu vs. Jerry Lynn on a WCW ppv, even if the match is only like two minutes long.

Also gets big ups just for the absolutely surreal concept of Sabu vs. Jerry Lynn on a WCW ppv, even if the match is only like two minutes long.

Best part (or most insane part) being the Original Sheik taking an Asai Moonsault even though he had just undergone double-bypass surgery a week or so before.

Alright folks, just when it looks like this project has been killed by my apathy, I've finally discovered the perfect show to watch.

The episode of Nitro from the night after Souled Out 2000, which features such gems as Tank Abbott Vs The Maestro, Masahiro Chono and Super J Vs The Varsity Club, Sid Vs The Wall, and Lex Luger Vs Bam Bam Bigelow amongst others. It also has Commissioner Kevin Nash's HI-larious State of WCW address.

I posted the links to the Daily Motion videos in the newest Let's Talk About... thread but in case you're too lazy, I'll post them here too.

Part One

Part Two

Part Three

Part Four

Part Five

Part Six

I'd like to do this tomorrow night at 8 P.M. I know it might be short notice but I think watching an episode of Nitro circa '00 will be worth dropping plans for.

Oh lord. I was all for GAB 99, but I don't think I can take that particular Nitro. I remember Arn being sent out there to announce Benoit had been stripped of the title. Awful, awful show and not even in a so bad it's good way.

Count me out on this one. I'm going to watch something cheeful and uplifting like Requiem For a Dream.

Honestly, putting this together is a logistical nightmare.I'm basically limited to shows that are available for free online. Frankly, I'd be happy if there were three or four participants tomorrow night.

*BLATANT BUMP*

This shit is going down in about two and a half hours.

I also found a DailyMotion user who has two full Nitros from January '01 and Fall Brawl '00 for possible future editions of this.

Please get on this shit and don't turn it into "King Kamala does a running blog on an eight year old episode of Nitro"

Oh man I am so not in the mood for this. Haven't slept since yesterday, feel like shit, and look upon watching a 2000-era Nitro with feelings resembling that of a patient going in for testicle surgery.

I'll still do it, though. I'm that kind of sick bastard. I vaguely said on an anonymous message board that I would probably do this pointless task, and by god my word is my bond.

So how are we doing this exactly? I'm assuming all the commercials have been cut out of the Dailymotion stream. We just all hit "play" at 8:00 EST, watch it all nonstop, and then write a lot of profanity-filled stream of conciousness posts about all the bullshit contained within this paragon of suck?

BTW guys, I would start loading the Dailymotion streams now. I mean, I already have, rather I would start loading them now if I were any of you. Which I'm not. Point is, Dailymotion is neither terribly fast nor entirely reliable, so go ahead and start loading those suckers to make sure this all goes ahead smoothly.

So how are we doing this exactly? I'm assuming all the commercials have been cut out of the Dailymotion stream. We just all hit "play" at 8:00 EST, watch it all nonstop, and then write a lot of profanity-filled stream of conciousness posts about all the bullshit contained within this paragon of suck?

Pretty much. Do it in the same style as we would for a live PPV.

And it'll be going on in the topic. Though it'd be kind of funny if a bunch of us all of a sudden invaded the TSM chat room to discuss this.

Mine's working fine. I'm glad I'm on my desktop for this. Would have taken forever to get through this with a laptop.

Do as Jingus says though. Better safe than sorry as Daily Motion can be a motherfucker sometimes.

Yeah, I'm on a PC too, and, nothin'. It loads the stream a little bit, and then just stops dead for no apparent reason. It's not like I'm on some old piece of junk either, this computer isn't even a year old, and I don't have any other programs running. Fuck the heck is going on. Youtube never does this shit.

EDIT: now it appears to be working. I am operating under the assumption that it's merely trying to lull me into a false sense of security.

Mine are frozen and will not load completely. Looks like I'm out. Although I will say that I got about 90 seconds into the first part, and Nash no-selling Jarrett's handshake was awesome.

Mine is fine too. You using Firefox Jingus?

And I thought the chat would be better so the board wouldn't go down so fast when everyone wants to post at the same time?

Well we could do both ala the live PPVs (well the live WWE PPVs- I've never bothered to check the TSM chat during a TNA PPV). I'm not sure if this will cause the board to crash since there won't be anymore than a half dozen or so people here anyways. The board manages to do fine during WWE PPVs when there are a couple dozen people.

Should we do it in the TSM chatroom or AIM?

I say here, leave our comments for historians of later centuries to puzzle over. But I'll go with the group consensus of whatever.

This is a pretty cool concept that I just caught wind of. I'd be down at some point in the future, only setback is that even on the nights I'm not out and about, I work until 9pm EST.