TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Kamala

Kamala's Tape of The Month Club (a suggestion for a new regular th

OK, I have yet another idea for a regular thread on here. What we'll do is every other week, we'll select an old school wrestling show (one of those Coliseum videos could be fun too), pick a time when we'll all watch it and provide sort of a running commentary ala the PPV threads in the WWE and TNA folder.Since we've been talking about the Hummer angle and the general crappiness of '99 WCW, I lay forth the suggestion of Great American Bash '99 for our first slection. The problem with this show is that it's so crappy that it might kill the chances of a second Tape of The Month. Maybe we should do something good. Is anybody interested in this idea? I'm also open to suggestions as to what show we'll watch first.

I'd happily get involved with this. I've been looking for a reason to watch some older wrestling. My viewing has been mostly limited to 2000 onwards, with smatterings of older stuff here and there. I find it difficult to just check out old stuff on youtube/dailymotion as it's stand alone stuff. It'd be great if along with what we're going to watch a brief history of the happenings leading up to the event would greatly increase my viewing pleasure.

I'd be interested if I'm home for the viewing period. Coincidently, I started watching GAB 99 earlier today (only got through match #2). I like the idea a lot, though.

Great thread idea, as I already told you. In the future, maybe we can have a thread title that will fit, though. ;)

Anyway, I would like to suggest Survivor Series 1990 for a future show.

As long as it's online somewhere I can watch it for free, Youtube or similar, I'd gladly participate in such a thing.

I remember someone saying a few years ago in a Raw thread (I believe it was part of This Week In Wrestling History, when the showed the nWo forming) about what it would be like to read a PPV thread here, from a live, classic show (say, our reactions to Hogan or Austin turning, or Bret getting screwed,etc.).

I thought that was a really cool concept, and it sounds like Kamala is putting it into practice here.

Same. Dailymotion has quite a few PPV's that we could all watch at the same time and talk about.

But tape, my computer is situated in such a place that it's really hard for me to watch television and be on the computer at the same time. Can't do that.

I'll watch anything, too. ANYTHING. Even Heroes of Wrestling.

Glad I have a laptop.

Amusingly enough, I do own a copy of Heroes of Wrestling.

Anyways, seeing how we're discussing that era of WCW so much, we'll do Great American Bash '99 first. Sometime next week. I swear we'll pick a good PPV for our next one.

This Thursday is out for me. I am having a LOST party, and we will be watching the episodes leading up to the finale.

This obviously isn't happening this week. Next week is a possibility.

As for this linking or streaming it, I really have no idea. I'm kind of a caveman with that stuff.

Nope...again if anybody can find a torrent or find something on YouTube just post it baby. I can't find anything. We could always do another show though. If I can't find anything in the next week or so, we'll do that.

Keep me updated on this. I actually just watched most of this show a week or so ago and oddly enough it's not quite as terrible as BATB 99. My brother found a bunch of these horrible WCW tapes in the basement and has been watching this dreck.

Like 5 years ago I suggested this exact idea, funny.

This would be better if it was an actual group of us hanging out and watching this crappy PPV. The interaction would be funny and make it palatable. Get some pizza and some sort of alcohol as well, because we'd all need to be fucked up to watch a PPV like GAB 99.

They have Halloween Havoc '95 on dailymotion...a shitty show we could all enjoy!

Just a thought. There are more like it too.

They have Halloween Havoc '95 on dailymotion...a shitty show we could all enjoy!

Mr JL vs. Sabu? Kurasawa vs. Hawk? What's that- Monster Trucks? I'm down.

Any day the Lakers and Celtics won't be playing. You guys can leave me out if that's a problem.