harris_cliff_small.jpg

Cliff Harris, FS

- 6x Pro Bowl

- 4x All-Pro

- 3x 1st Team All-Pro

- 1970's All-Decade Team

- Dallas Cowboys Ring of Honor

- Played in 5 Super Bowls

Too tired for a write up but he was good and is the last safety I have qeued up so he better stick.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Ok, my go.

Defense is done. Should I start in on my offense? Probably.

But I'm not...

metcalf.jpg

KR/PR-Eric Metcalf

Hester getting picked broke my black heart to pieces, and considering how many punts my defense will create, I want a dangerous return man. Most of the other great ones made their mark at other positions. Look at Deion Sanders, Gale Sayers, and on my own team, Jack Christiansen. I want a pure return man, and that's a recent invention. Metcalf was it up until high speed burners like Dante Hall (a 1 year wonder, if you ask me) and the incomparable Devin Hester made it a sexier position in today's game.

Metcalf was consistent and versatile. He played offense as well, and racked up over 17,000 all-purpose yards (top ten in NFL history) and three pro bowls in his career. 10 Punt return touchdowns is also an NFL record. He gives me an instant scoring threat who will get a lot of touches.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

The first page is now fully updated, as far as I can tell.

I think you seriously over looked one Return guy, Agent, but I'm not gonna give away his name because I want to pick him :P

ANYWAY

05F.jpg

Ruben Brown, Guard

9 Time Pro Bowl

4 Time All Pro

Now my offensive line and defensive line are both completely done. They say football games are won in the trenches. If that's true I should win a lot of football games. Some facts:

My offensive line collectively has 52 pro bowl appearances

Jim Ringo was a 7th round pick; Rosey Brown was a 27th round pick; the three others on the line went in the top 15 of their drafts.

All four of my defensive linemen won either Defensive Player of the Year Awards, or Halas trophys (awarded to the best defensive player before, I want to say 73) including Deacon Jones who won the Halas twice.

The defensive line has 23 Pro Bowls collectively.

If you take all four d-linemen's most sack's in a single season, you get 77. The entire New York Giants football team this year had 53.

I don't have the best skill players (although I maintain that Curtis Martin is much much much better than history will ever remember him, and Marvin Harrison is an all time great) but no one is going to come up bigger in the trenches than my team.

This is a tough pick, but the position I'm seeing the least depth at right now is DT, so that's where I'm going.

jwilliams01.jpg

Jamal Williams - DT

3x Pro Bowl

3x All Pro

Since I want to get a lot of pressure on opposing QB's with my sack-tastic trio of D. Thomas, Randle, and Simmons, a guy like big Jamal Williams is a perfect fit. He emerged as a nose tackle in the 3-4, but he's played plenty of LDT in his career, so the move shouldn't limit his production. His 348 pound frame in the middle will command a double team on every possession, making QB pressure a lot easier. In addition to his impact on the pass rush, he'll also be felt in the running game as his presence makes it tough for even the best RB's to take it up the middle.

Guest Vitamin X

This was a really tough pick for me to make right now as well, but I have to do it before it's too late.. I can't even believe the dude's still on the board.

182389_f260.jpg

WR Mark Clayton

Height: 5-9 Weight: 177 lbs

Receptions 582

Receiving Yards 8,974

Touchdowns 84

Career Highlights and Awards

* 5x Pro Bowl selection (1984, 1985, 1986, 1988, 1991)

Dan Marino's favorite target during his heyday also caught a touchdown from Brett Favre in the last year of his career, 1993. Although a smallish receiver at 5'9", Clayton was a burner and had maybe some of the surest hands of all time, especially in the redzone. He is in the NFL top 50 in receiving yards (tied for 39th) and receiving TDs (tied for 13th). While I'm thinking of a few other receivers to fill up spots here, Clayton can work as either an excellent slot receiver or flanker end.

C -- Mark Stepnoski

Five time pro-bowler, won two Super Bowls with Dallas and played an instrumental part in Emmitt's running game.

priestholmesrun.jpg

HB Priest Holmes

3 Pro Bowls

3 All Pros

2002 Offensive Player of the Year

8,172 Rushing Yards

86 Rushing Touchdowns

I had a terrible time deciding between Priest and another HB, since they're both among my favorite players of all time. Holmes had a much better peak, so I went with him. Running behind John Hannah and Ron Mix with Nagurski leading the way on Lombardi's signature Power Sweep should be a pretty lethal combination.

I thought about taking him a while back, but thought he was way too overrated to go so soon. Right here, I think he fits. Perfectly.

Charles Woodson...

* 4x Pro Bowl selection (1998, 1999, 2000, 2001)

* 3x All-Pro selection (1999, 2000, 2001)

* NFL Defensive Rookie of Year (1998)

* Heisman Trophy (1997)

* Chuck Bednarik Award (1997)

* Jim Thorpe Award (1997)

* Bronko Nagurski Trophy (1997)

* Walter Camp Award (1997)

* Mr. Football Award (Ohio) (1994)

t1_woodson_all.jpg

Continuing to plug away at the defence with a member of the Steel Curtain...

102713-5.jpg

L.C. Greenwood, DE

Sacks 73.5 (unofficial)

Fumble recoveries 14

Safeties 1

4x Super Bowl champion

6x Pro Bowl selection (1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1978, 1979)

6x All-Pro selection (1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1978, 1979)

NFL 1970s All-Decade Team

Super Bowl Silver Anniversary Team

Guest Vitamin X

Just send it to either me or Agent, we seem to be the ones running this shindig. Send it to both if you need to.

Been well over eight hours so I'm making my pick.

AAEE010~Dave-Wilcox-Catching-Photofile-Posters.jpg

Dave Wilcox, Linebacker

San Francisco 49ers 1964-1974

Hall of Fame - 2000

7-time Pro Bowl Selection

2-time 1st Team All-Pro

Sports Illustrated All-Century Team

Read about the weight-training story as a kid...

Left Guard...and D-Tackle...Stan Jones.

hof-jones.jpg

Chicago Bears (1954-1965) - Offensive captain.

6'1, 252 lb.

Hall Of Fame Class of 1991

7 Pro Bowls ('55, '56, 57, '58, '59, '60 and '61)

4 All-NFL Selections ('55, '56, '59 and '60)

--One of the first pros to develop and follow a weight-training program. He went from 140 at 15 to 250 at 20. Hahaha.

--Was drafted a year before he would even be able to play in the NFL.

Probably most famous for his 35 Yard TD reception in the 1960 NFL Championship (the only postseason game that Vince Lombardi ever lost as head coach), when my pick retired he was fourth all-time in yardage and second in TDs. The Eagles meanwhile have won squat since he left after the 1963 season. I've been waiting on this guy for a few rounds now, expecting him to still be available with this pick although I was getting a little nervous once I saw Clayton get taken.

mcdonaldtommy13pr7.jpg

WR Tommy McDonald

Career Stats

Receptions 495

Receiving Yards 8,410

Touchdowns 84

Stats at NFL.com

* Pro Bowl (x6) (1958, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1965)

* Eagles Honor Roll

* Elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1998

Sorry guys no pics for these next two, but I will update it tomorrow.

Still reeling at losing Dave Wilcox, I am certainly happy with my backup, as I know he can play great on an all-time great Defense:

post-2806-1215702273_thumb.jpg

Wilber Marshall/LB

2 Time All-Pro

45 Sacks-23 Ints, love the versatility.

What do you want me to do for my next pick? I picked about 12 hours ago, but it was at midnight last night, and EHME has two straight picks, so should I give him a little leeway or stick to the 8 hour rule?

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Did you PM him? If so, I guess go for it.

Maybe wait until early afternoon, in case he logs on at work or at lunch or whatever. I don't care unless you pick the guy I want.

With my next pick, my team selects:

post-2806-1215710276.jpg

Ken Riley/CB

Absolute crime, he is not in the Hall of Fame. If he was a Pittsburgh Steeler instead of a Bengals player, he probably would have gone 5 rounds ago. Played on some really bad Bengals team and did not receive his just dues until the Bengals became good in the early 80's. 65 career INT's, team captain for 8 years. 1 time All Pro.

Sorry I am a Bengals fan so I had to go on a brief tangent there.

Man, I had Riley tagged as my next pick. Good to see him get his due here though. He also never made a Pro Bowl, which I'm still trying to comprehend.

Riley was someone I was looking at when I grabbed Renfro.

Anyways, my pick was a sack machine getting 12 or more in a season seven times with a high of 17 in 1992. He also qualifies at both DE and OLB, although I plan on playing him at DE which was his preferred position.

04F.jpg

DE Leslie O'Neal

Career Stats

Sacks 132.5

Interceptions 3

Touchdowns 1

* 6x Pro Bowl selection (1989, 1990, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995)

* 1986 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year

Leslie O'Neal was a godsend for the Chargers because this guy left...

dean01.jpg

Defensive End, Fred Dean...

--2008 Hall of Fame Inductee

--1981 UPI NFC Player of the Year

--4 Pro Bowls ('79, '80, '81 and '83)

--4 Times All-NFC and All-NFL ('79, '80, '81, '83)

--2 Super Bowl rings (XVI, XIX)

--Unofficial Career Sack total: 93.5

--In 1983, set then-record of (6) sacks in a game, while recording (17) sacks in the season.

Re-uniting Dean and Coach Walsh, who raved about him. Here's a quote from Wiki, because I'm really understating his importance.

In 1981, he was acquired in a mid-season trade and eventually helped the San Francisco 49ers win two Super Bowls in the 1980s. His first game as a 49er was a key match-up against the Dallas Cowboys. Dean played after only a couple of practices and was still able to apply pressure and repeatedly hurried Danny White when he was not recording one of his 3 sacks, in a game won by the 49ers, 45-14. His first action of the season as a 49er was noted by author Tom Danyluk as "the greatest set of downs I have ever seen unleashed by a pass rusher". In what had been a game of possum, Bill Walsh, the 49er head coach, said to John Madden, who covered the game, "Fred (Dean) just got here . . . If he plays, he won't play much".

His next home game for the 49ers was against the Los Angeles Rams. The game was won by the 49ers and the first win against the Rams in Candlestick Park, 20-17, as Dean sacked Pat Haden 5 times. He ended the season with 13 sacks, 12 with the 49ers and 1 with the Chargers, prior to his trade.

The 49ers would go on to win the Super Bowl that year, and Steve Sabol (NFL Films) is quoted in 2006 as saying that Dean's acquisition was the last meaningful in-season trade, in that it affected the destination of the Lombardi Trophy. San Diego's defense collapsed when Dean departed, giving up 40 points in a loss to the Cincinnati Bengals in the regular season, and 65 total points in playoff games vs. the Miami Dolphins and Bengals.