TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jorge Gorgeous

The NFL All-Time Draft.

I like Gibbs, think that was a good pick, but McNabb is fucking overrated. Always has been.

Guest Tzar Lysergic
With my 6th round selection, I take:

post-2806-1213752264.jpg

Buck Buchanan/DT

You prick.

I'll start off my linebacking corps with:

AAEC005~Sam-Huff-Posed-Photofile-Posters.jpg

Sam Huff, LB

5x Pro Bowl selection (1958, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1964)

8x All-Pro selection (1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1963, 1964, 1965)

NFL 1950s All-Decade Team

70 Greatest Redskins

Redskins' Ring of Fame

Pro Football Hall of Fame (1982)

An incredibly physical defender, and a ball hawk to boot (30 interceptions).

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Teams with no QB:

Gert T

Bored

Me

nogoodnick

Brooklyn Zoo

Jorge Gorgeous

I know where I'm going. I'm curious about everyone else's motives.

Teams with no QB:

Gert T

Bored

Me

nogoodnick

Brooklyn Zoo

Jorge Gorgeous

I know where I'm going. I'm curious about everyone else's motives.

I've got a list of about 8 or 9 guys I'd be happy with. There's just been.... so many great quarterbacks, I know it's an important position, but you can get value late in the draft.

This guy and Youngblood anchoring my defensive line would bring pain to QB's around the league. Going with an original Buccaneer, Lee Roy Selmon.

* 6x Pro Bowl selection (1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984)

* 7x All-Pro selection (1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1982, 1983, 1984)

* NFL 1980s All-Decade Team

* 1979 NFL Defensive Player of the Year

* 1982 Co-Pro Bowl MVP

* 1979 NFL Defensive Lineman of the Year

* 1975 Outland Trophy

* 1975 Lombardi Award

* Tampa Bay Buccaneers #63 retired

AADZ040~Lee-Roy-Selmon-Advancing-forward-Posters.jpg

I would've picked him last round instead of Dawkins had I not been in a rush.

With some of the other QBs still on the board, I really don't understand that McNabb pick. Two guys in particular are often placed in the top 10-15 players ever at any position, and still haven't been drafted.

Guest Vitamin X

EHME is young and he's an Eagles fan. I remember he still likes to laugh at the point I made (which were backed up by actual stats, btw) that Jake Plummer had a statistically comparable career to McNabb, particularly a few years back when Plummer was having a great season with the Broncos (when they made the AFC Championship game). Of course, I didn't mean to say Plummer was better by any means, but he definitely overrates McNabb.

jim-parker-at-1.jpg

OT Jim Parker

8 Pro Bowls

10 All Pros

NFL 75th Anniversary All-Time Team

An all time great tackle to go along side John Hannah and fortify my line.

EHME made two bad picks there, more with McNabb (who, by the way, is most definitely NOT on the 75th Anniversary team..) than Gibbs, although I think Gibbs' most recent run has tarnished his coaching legacy a bit. McNabb is someone you could take waaaaay later on in this draft, and there's still a few QB's left out there I'd take before him. I guess if you look at it from the perspective of someone who only knows a lot about the current era and not much pre-1997 or so, that would make it a good pick, but not in the context of looking at every single football player from all time.

I picked Joe Gibbs simply because of his coaching style... I understand there are a few coaches still out there that are better then Gibbs. But I feel Gibbs style best suits my team. Gibbs thrived on power RB's like Jim Brown, to push the chains, and he knows how to build great o-lines. He's a 3 time fucking Superbowl winner as well, with 3 different quarterbacks.

And don't give me that bullshit I'm "young"... I've drafted 3 players who've played before the 80's. Yes the McNabb pick might have been a personal pick(just like you picking Favre when they were better QB's still out there IMO), but even still you underrate what McNabb is capable of because he's embarassed and left you Packers fans heartbroken in the past. And you still hold it against him (4th and 25 anyone?). McNabb has been able to carry a very questionable offense to 3 straight NFC Championship games, and when he finally got a playmaking WR on his offense, the stats showed. And even today he is still a good QB(he had a pretty overlooked season last year).

Guest Vitamin X

I'll grant you Page, but Jim Brown and Dick Lane are well-known enough to not exactly be far reaches for someone who knows anything about football. And don't take the McNabb shit so seriously- honestly, Favre IS a better quarterback than McNabb and at the time I picked, he was one of the best quarterbacks available. You can make an argument for Elway, Brady, etc., but it depends on what you're looking for. You could go with any of those guys and be well-off; I just happened to go with a guy who's the NFL's career leader in wins, touchdowns, passing yards, consecutive starts among quarterbacks (and 3rd or 4th all-time), and yes interceptions. Favre has had one losing season in 16 years of playing, the same as McNabb in half as many.

And I could give a shit in how he "left us heartbroken in the past". 4th and 26 was a. blown coverage by two safeties no longer on the team, and b. shouldn't have been necessary had Sherm gone for it earlier in the game. I don't even remember anything else McNabb has done to the Packers other than that, honestly, and I blame that more on bad defense than anything. You're simply overrating McNabb, and I'm not the only one who's said that, let alone Packer fan. McNabb probably won't even make it on the HOF; why else do you think that the possibility of trading the guy has been mentioned recently? Anyways, moving on..

Mike-Ditka---Player---Photofile-Photograph-C10108326.jpeg

Mike Ditka -- TE

Career Stats

Receptions 427

Receiving Yards 5,812

Touchdowns 43

Career Highlights and Awards

Pro Bowl (x5) (1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965)

NFL 75th Anniversary All-Time Team

Won Super Bowl VI in 1971 as Player

Won NFL Championship in 1963 as Player

I'm still holding out for my QB. I hope he'll make it to me this round. Here is a hint:

joey.jpg

Lets call him J. Harrington. No that's too obvious, Joey H. I'm crossing my fingers.

Guest Vitamin X

I got my huge monster at one OLB spot making life hell for receivers and quarterbacks- now I'm getting a guy who terrorized offenses for years.

kg.JPG

OLB/DE Kevin Greene

Career Stats

Sacks 160

Interceptions 5

Defensive Touchdowns 1

Career Highlights and Awards

* Pro Bowl (x5) (1989, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998)

* All-Pro in 1989, 1994, 1996

* NFL 1990s All-Decade Team

* 1996 NEA NFL Defensive Player of the Year

* 1996 UPI NFC Defensive Player of the Year

* 1996 NFL Alumni NFL Linebacker of the Year

* 1998 NFLPA NFC Linebacker of the Year

* 1996 NFLPA NFC Linebacker of the Year

* Record 160 Sacks by a Linebacker

Greene is another hard-hitting monstrosity on defense who was fast, aggressive, and smart. Few people remember him now, maybe because he was known for playing on a team that hasn't had many GREAT players throughout their history in Carolina, or maybe because his prime was too short, but during the mid-90's, if you lined up against Pittsburgh or Carolina, you always had to gameplan around Kevin Greene. He ranks third ALL-TIME, right behind Bruce Smith and Reggie White in sacks, and was a hell of a great player going after fumbles, describing it as "a hog going after a sweet potato in the mud". Greene played in 228 games in his 15-year career. Ten times he was among the NFL's Top 10 sackers, leading the NFL twice. Eleven times in his 15 years he led his club in sacks. Played in six conference championships in his 15 seasons.

Depending on how I choose to go with my defense, Greene can play either a switch DE/OLB in a 3-4 defense, or just be a hell of a good OLB in a 4-3. I can't say I'm entirely surprised he dropped this far, but I'm glad I got him to play alongside Ted Hendricks.

I was thinking about going with a TE after my last pick, and I was scared when I saw there was a mini-rush happening. Thankfully this guy still made it back to me.

2006-06-28-gonzalez.jpg

Tony Gonzalez - TE

9x Pro Bowl

8x All Pro

Most Career TD's by a TE (66)

Most Career Receptions by a TE (820)

Actually led the NFL in receptions one year from the TE position

Slam dunk for the all 2000's team

With a lethal passer like Tom Brady at the QB position, I need as many receiving threats as I can get on the field. I find that WR is a pretty overrated position when you have a lethally accurate QB, as you just need some guys who can catch. However, having guys who can catch while still serving other purposes (running and play action threat of Allen, blocking from Gonzalez) are valuable assets to the offense. Tony will be testing the coverage skills of all these elite linebackers over the middle of the field, and will be a top-tier blocker at the line and downfield as well.

Guest Vitamin X

Good pick, I had actually planned on taking him next. My picks were going to be Kellen Winslow and then Kevin Greene, but I had to have Tatum last round, figuring he would go sooner than later. This was the guy I had planned on afterwards, shock that he was the 3rd TE selected.

Bwuh. I had my heart set on Tony Gonzalez. Well, more blocking for Namath and Martin then.

rbrown.jpg

9 time pro bowler.

NFL 75th Anny Team

1950's All Decade

Ranked number 57 on The Sporting News' list of the 100 Greatest Football Players.

1956 NFL Champion with the Giants

Blocked for three NFL MVP's, Frank Gifford, Y.A. Tittle and Charlie Conerly.

Hall of Fame Class of 1975.

Rosey Brown

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I need a thumper. A guy who can hit perennial pro bowlers in the teeth and make all these new pantywaists cry like the little girls they are. The kind of guy that hit hall of fame running back Frank Gifford so hard he missed 18 months of his life and drastically shortened his playing career. The kind of guy that punched Chuck Noll's lights out.

ChuckBednarik1.jpg

Yeah, a surly mean motherfucker linebacker to set up next to Lambert. Both he and Jack have sideline-to-sideline speed, sure hands, infinite toughness, and they like to hurt people. Chuck Bednarik.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

I'm leaving tomorrow for two weeks. Jorge has a fuckton of potential picks for my team. If the list runs out before I return, or die of snakebite, drowning, or a tremendous fall, I've instructed Edwin to take over for me.

909 and VX. Keep this fucker updated or I'll stab your groins.

BTW, I am glad you had that Bednarik pic up there after clobbering Gifford, I was going to jump all over whomever drafted him if they didn't put that pic up!

Otto Graham Quarterback Cleveland Browns

...Graham also found time to play one year of professional basketball for the Rochester Royals. In what would become one of his trademarks, the Royals captured the 1945-46 National Basketball League title.

Upon joining the Browns in 1946, he was switched to quarterback, where he would lead the team to the league championship game in each of his 10 seasons, winning on seven occasions.

otto_graham_main.jpg

# 5x Pro Bowl selection (1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954)

# 10x All-Pro selection (1946, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955)

# NFL 75th Anniversary Team

# NFL 1950s All-Decade Team

# UPI NFL MVP (1955)

# UPI NFL MVP (1953)

# UPI NFL MVP (1951)

# Pro Bowl MVP (1950)

# AAFC co-MVP (1948)

# AAFC MVP (1947)