TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jorge Gorgeous

The NFL All-Time Draft.

TorryHolt.jpg

WR Torry Holt

7 Pro Bowls

2 All Pros

Currently first all time in receiving yards per game (83.5)

Holds NFL records for-

Consecutive seasons with 1300+ receiving yards (6)

Consecutive seasons with 90+ catches (6)

So this is a homer pick, but damn it he's a really really good receiver. I got to have at least one Ram from the 1999 season on my team, and if I can't have Faulk, then this is the next best thing.

I'll take Lester the Molester.

Oh, I'm sorry. I mean Lester Hayes. They banned stickum because of him. Not a Hall of Famer, but I have no problem taking him at this juncture over some quite overrated players.

* 5x Pro Bowl selection (1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984)

* 6x All-Pro selection (1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984)

* NFL 1980s All-Decade Team

* 1980 NFL Defensive Player of the Year

* Raiders single season leader in interceptions with 13

hayes_nom_bio.jpg

I'll update the big board too.

Wanted a wide receiver with speed to burn:

AAEA013~James-Lofton-Posters.jpg

James Lofton, WR

Receptions: 764

Receiving Yards: 14,004

Touchdowns: 80

8x Pro Bowl selection (1978, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1991)

6x All-Pro selection (1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985)

NFL 1980s All-Decade Team

Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame

Pro Football Hall of Fame (2003)

A prototypical wide receiver. Tall, good hands, and FAST (he was a track and field standout in college). A key member of the Bills' first three Super Bowl teams.

Guest Vitamin X

Son of a bitch! That's who I was going to use to complement Reed. Good pick, CC. Also to King who took the guy I was targetting for my last piece of the best secondary ever. One reason I really like Lester Hayes? He declared himself "The only true jedi in the NFL."

Since I picked LT with my first pick that pretty much dictated that I go with a 3-4 defense and who better to team him up with than his own teammate from the Giants, an ideal player to man the RILB position.

017010417.jpg

Harry Carson, Linebacker

New York Giants 1976-1988

Hall of Fame - 2006

9-time Pro Bowl Selection

Guest Vitamin X

We're close to a third of the way or so through this thing, so I just looked over to see how everyone is doing so far and what I think of the teams so far (that aren't mine of course, since there's some bias there obv.- but I do think I really have one of the best ones).

I think the top 3 that I see so far are JustJohn, followed up by MFerXtreme87 and then 909. I want to really like Agent's team, but being a true and blue Bears fan, it's a murderous defense (minus a secondary) with absolutely no offense. Not even a running game there, which makes having that killer defense pointless. I'm sure he's got something up his sleeve, though, I'm just not seeing the value in the team yet.

ajc4full.jpg

Isaac Bruce. WR.

One of the best in history IMO. It's hard to think of a more consistent receiver over the past 10 years. Bruce makes a perfect compliment to Carter on my team.

* 3x All-Pro selection (1995, 1996, 1999)

* 4x Pro Bowl selection (1996, 1999, 2000, 2001)

* Super Bowl champion (XXXIV)

* Rams ROY (1994)

* Rams MVP (1995-1996)

Receptions 942

Receiving Yards 14,109

Receiving TDs 84

Time to shore up the ol' offense with a guy who's got probably my favourite name in all of sports. It just flows together like poetry, and gets me a little weepy while saying it. He's also a 12 time Pro Bowler that I'm stealing in the eighth round.

hall_mcd.jpg

G Randall McDaniel

* 12x Pro Bowl selection (1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000)

* 9x All-Pro selection (1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998)

* NFL 1990s All-Decade Team

Great pick there. With Larry Wilson and Ken Houston going in between my picks, I was a little sad, but my third choice at safety is still here, and he is just as good as the other two.

post-2806-1214081792_thumb.jpg

Ed Reed/S

4 time Pro Bowler

3 time All-Pro

2004 NFL Defensive Player of the Year

We're close to a third of the way or so through this thing, so I just looked over to see how everyone is doing so far and what I think of the teams so far (that aren't mine of course, since there's some bias there obv.- but I do think I really have one of the best ones).

I think the top 3 that I see so far are JustJohn, followed up by MFerXtreme87 and then 909. I want to really like Agent's team, but being a true and blue Bears fan, it's a murderous defense (minus a secondary) with absolutely no offense. Not even a running game there, which makes having that killer defense pointless. I'm sure he's got something up his sleeve, though, I'm just not seeing the value in the team yet.

Aww... no love for my offense-centric team?

Gert's gone with a similar strategy to me thus far (several of his picks are exactly who I would have taken in the same spot) so he's definitely in my top 3. I'm also really liking CanadianChris & Gobby.

My top 3 teams... Note: I think a defense heavy team can be a bit overrated.

Canadian Brandon - Really, really strong offense especially with an offensive architect in Bill Walsh at the helm.

Vitamin X - Another underrated team overall.

JustJohn - Great defense coupled with a smashmouth style offense.

With my 9th selection, Gert's team selects:

post-2806-1214098584.jpg

Tony Boselli/LT

5 time Pro Bowler

3 time All Pro

May have been able to get him later, but I think he is the best LT left. Mike Golic recently said he was the best of the late 90's era for OL. I would have taken Ogden & maybe Pace ahead of him. But he had a great career even though injuries cut it short.

With all the strong defenses out there, it is time to build a wall of beef that can stand up to them and enhance the productivity of my team's biggest star, Walter Payton. He is a great player, a great leader, and a potential first ballot Hall of Famer.

will_shields.jpg

G Will Shields

* 12x Pro Bowl selection (1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006)

* 9x All-Pro selection (1996, 1997, 1999, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006)

* 2003 Walter Payton Man of the Year

* 1992 Consensus All-American

* 1992 Outland Trophy

I modestly have Payton pencilled in for about 8000 yards this year.

He probably should have been, but I certainly don't remember him being picked and I did a search on the front page and it came up empty.

Both guys I was interested in were still available, but I felt that with what I wanted to do that I need a dominant offensive line. The other pick would have been something else entirely, but I strongly considered it.

189621309_4a7c77f4c9.jpg

Keith Bulluck. OLB.

Mr. "Monday Night Football". One of my favorite players. Very athletic LB who can make tackles and interceptions too.

# 2x AP All-Pro (2002-2003)

# Pro Bowl selection (2003)

# Sports Illustrated All-Pro (2004)

Tackles: 832

Sacks: 17.5

Ints: 16

TDs: 1

Jesus, what is this, the "Take every guy I'm looking at" round? Outside of Peppers and Bulluck, I think every pick since my last one has been a guy I was at least considering.

I like the Will Shields pick, though. If we were doing group lines, one of my top choices would've been that 03 Chiefs line with Roaf and Shields that made Priest Holmes look like a world beater.

And I think my favorite team so far is VX. Gotta give him credit for stealing Faulk one pick before me, and there's no denying the toughness or scariness of that secondary.

webb.jpg

Richmond Webb, Tackle

Miami Dolphins 1990-2000

Cincinnati Bengals 2001-2002

7-time Pro Bowl Selection

2-time 1st Team All-Pro

1990 NFL All-Decade Team