TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

One Night Stand Roundtable

This match is picking up into something better than I thought it was going to be, again.

I'm still pissed that they didn't do the bullwhip spot on Cena's ribs to get him to bleed.

Did I hear some people in the crowd chanting "We want Chyna"? :o

Cool submission finish to the women's match though.

Nice submission to end the women's match. That was Jack Evans contortion right there.

And Mike Adamle has somehow turned out to be a pretty decent character. When he's playing the 'idiot' role.

What the fuck is this shit.....that was weird yet kind of funny in a B movie kind of way....

As a show, this is really working for me so far. Despite a couple of odd finishes, every match has had at least something different to it. I don't know if they've said that this PPV is going to be the same format next year, but it should be. So much better than WCW Uncensored.

As a show, this is really working for me so far. Despite a couple of odd finishes, every match has had at least something different to it. I don't know if they've said that this PPV is going to be the same format next year, but it should be. So much better than WCW Uncensored.

They used this format last year. I would imagine it's now an annual thing.

Yeah, I agree. Even the backstage segments are more unique too than a normal ppv.

They used this format last year. I would imagine it's now an annual thing.

True, but last year had Candice Michelle vs Melina in a "pudding match." :D

I have to say I enjoyed the constant beating of HBK there, by Batista. And I'm far from being a Batista fan.

Crowd confused me though. Surprisingly cheering for Batista for most of the match. But they all of a sudden booed the second time he was putting Shawn on the stretcher?

That was a strong match, I didn't exactly understand Jericho's deal there at the end, though. He just wanted Batista to punish him more? Kind of a shit-stirrer role of sorts?

That gave the impression the feud is over with Batista and Michaels, but I would like it to keep going with Batista showing more and more heel side come out. I just don't know what the next step in the feud would be from a storyline perspective, though. Michaels wants another shot at Batista without the Jericho influence? Or maybe Batista turns into a pseudo-bully on Michaels, won't leave him alone, never letting him forget that he retired Flair, etc, constantly just wanting to beat him again ruthlessly?

That gave the impression the feud is over with Batista and Michaels, but I would like it to keep going with Batista showing more and more heel side come out. I just don't know what the next step in the feud would be from a storyline perspective, though. Michaels wants another shot at Batista without the Jericho influence? Or maybe Batista turns into a pseudo-bully on Michaels, won't leave him alone, never letting him forget that he retired Flair, etc, constantly just wanting to beat him again ruthlessly?

Around the time that the first match went down, I stated that I think that Michaels-Batista would be an excellent on again/off again program that they go to out of every two or three shows. It definitely has a lot of mileage left on it. Also, Batista is about a hundred times more interesting now that he is a tweener.

An hour of ppv time left, so this and TLC should get some solid matchtime.

I think we'll see blood after that spot, I see HHH fumbling around in his wristtape. Errr, guess not.

Oldschool electrical cord choke spot.

Either that's a hell of a sell, or Orton is legtimately injured after taking that awkward bump over the top. I'm thinking the latter. They seemed to rush/improv the finish so I think he's really hurt. Possible broken collarbone. Damn there is all kinds of crazy shit going on with this show.

I'd think he's hurt just because HHH picking him up makes no sense whatsoever unless they were trying to buy him time.

HHH came off like a heel at the end, and Orton trying to get up made him a total face with the way it went down. There's no way that was intentional.

Maybe the Orton-Batista stable is going to be the one rumored with some of the second generation guys?

Maybe Orton leads it by himself - being third generation himself. However it seems like MDM and Teddy Jr are going to be the focal points of the new stable.

Either that's a hell of a sell, or Orton is legtimately injured after taking that awkward bump over the top. I'm thinking the latter. They seemed to rush/improv the finish so I think he's really hurt. Possible broken collarbone. Damn there is all kinds of crazy shit going on with this show.

Yea, I hope not but it's looking like that may be the case. At the very least that's what King and JR, were set on, as he seemed to mouthed it. And that was a pretty nasty fall. Crazy spot in general considering he had just thrown the steps out in that area as well.

If he is seriously injured though, considering he's one of my favorites that sucks. :(

Pretty dangerous Trips trying to go out there and pick him up.

Don't know what to think, The bump over the top rope looked like a big part of the match. Looked like it would suck if it went right or not. Ending felt rushed. Looking at the replay the bump really looked like it sucked

I'd think he's hurt just because HHH picking him up makes no sense whatsoever unless they were trying to buy him time.

HHH came off like a heel at the end, and Orton trying to get up made him a total face with the way it went down. There's no way that was intentional.

Yup, the crowd is applauding Orton right now. Haha and Orton is screaming at them. A true heel never dies!

That was definately a legit injury, I hope that doesn't keep him out very long as he's needed.