TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

One Night Stand Roundtable

Annoyingly cheesy finish, but the exterior shots made for some different visuals. Matches that go outside the arena must annoy the live crowd though.

BTW, did Adamle just say that Morrison has "the body of a goddess?"

He was trying to say Adonis, I think.

And there's the four-guys-with-sticks-beat-Big-Show spot I predicted. :headbang:

Oh shit, Show knocked himself hard on those steps.

This match is also way better than I thought it was going to be. The Shawn Merriman spots were fun.

That powerbomb/suplex spot with Dreamer taking a kick to the head at the end was good stuff.

Show's hardway blood is just making his comeback that much better.

lol at the garbage can of about 20 canes in there.

I wish the finish hadn't been so anticlimactic. If Show was going to pin him, he should have done it after the chokeslam. I thought after that he was just stalling for someone else to get in the ring and break up a pin, but no...

That match was better than I thought it would be. It was real fun until the predictable finish. Unfortunately that leads to a Big Show/Kane match that has never been good. Good stuff though.

Yeah, Kane/Show might suck, but maybe they'll do the extreme rules stip to it, as Show really came across super strong in this hardcore environment, probably the first ECW from WWE match that reminded me of the old ECW from way back when. It was really good for what it was.

I totally ordered this show last minute on a whim and so far, I'm already feeling like I'm getting my money's worth a bit. The first two matches were great.

Agree that was a really fun match. Stupidly for a split second I though Dreamer was gonna pull out the biggest upset of all time

That's also why it reminded me so much of the old ECW, Dreamer's role was spot on regarding that.

Happy this lame first blood match gets early treatment on the card. First WWE ppv in a good while we'll be seeing blood two matches in a row.

Show's accidental blood in the previous match just makes this one a little more "eh" than before. They better bleed a gusher to one up Show.

The singapore kane match was really fun. Alot of great spots and Big Show's bleeding looked really awesome. I also liked him going crazy with the kanes at the end. I'd give it ***

I really didn't like the Hardy vs Umaga match at all, and I'm a big Hardy mark. They just walked outside with only a couple small spots in between, and then a lame ending. There wasn't enough action at all.

That match was better than I thought it would be. It was real fun until the predictable finish. Unfortunately that leads to a Big Show/Kane match that has never been good. Good stuff though.

Yeah, Kane/Show might suck, but maybe they'll do the extreme rules stip to it, as Show really came across super strong in this hardcore environment, probably the first ECW from WWE match that reminded me of the old ECW from way back when. It was really good for what it was.

I totally ordered this show last minute on a whim and so far, I'm already feeling like I'm getting my money's worth a bit. The first two matches were great.

Show vs Kane in the Extreme Rules match for the ECW title (not too long after Show first won the ECW belt in 2006) was AWESOME. If they could do another match thats even half as good as that one, I will be extremely happy. That was one of my favorite WWE matches of 2006. It really looked like Show was finding his niche in Extreme Rules matches before they started to take a toll on his body. Even Extreme Rules vs Ric Flair was better than it had any right to be.

Show vs Kane in the Extreme Rules match for the ECW title (not too long after Show first won the ECW belt in 2006) was AWESOME. If they could do another match thats even half as good as that one, I will be extremely happy. That was one of my favorite WWE matches of 2006. It really looked like Show was finding his niche in Extreme Rules matches before they started to take a toll on his body. Even Extreme Rules vs Ric Flair was better than it had any right to be.

That's right, they did Show/Kane in the summer of 06 when ECW was taking off and they were having random SD/Raw main eventers v. Show. I was live at Flair v. Show for ECW and, yeah, fucking really good stuff there too.

Seriously, the yellow canister just sitting there, WTF.

Fucking Bradshaw brings out the bullrope whip, that was great.

And then followed up with a horribly weak finish...wow, I figured someone would at least blade. I also figured Cena would lose. The finish really helps nobody, Cena doesnt need to win, the finish looked unconvincing unless you're 10 years old, too. So Cena v. HHH at Night of Champions I would assume.

Orton trying to lure Batista back into a stable........hmmm.......can't say it would really be a horrible idea. Batista needs to go heel soon anyway.

I thought it was an alright match. Another ***. If Cena would have taken a whip to his ribs and got cut open that way it would have been sick.

That is what I was expecting, and I would have been all about it just as much. It would have put Bradshaw over as rather sadistic, Cena could really sell the shit out of that and get great sympathy for it too. Plus Bradshaw/HHH is a feud that should probably happen now versus later, as jumping the gun on Cena/HHH next month seems pointless. Plus HHH is in dire needs for main event heels, so they better start building. I guess thats what the draft is for, though. So they figure they'll do Cena/HHH before the draft to get that out of the way, as maybe they will move onto bigger things leading to SummerSlam, etc.