TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
foleyfanforever88

Video Game Desert Island draft

Time-waster extraordinaire:

astrosma.jpg

Astrosmash (Intellivision)

I can -- and have -- spent days playing this game. My dad and I had contests trying to beat the other's high score. I've never quite gotten over him being the first to break 1,000,000.

Yeah. If people aren't going to have the courtesy to come in and check the thread once in a while, then we'll keep skipping them.

Shit!

FIFA_World_Cup_game.jpg

FIFA World Cup '06

I'll never get tired of bringing Republic of Ireland to the finals and winning it. Especially since it will never ever...ever...ever happen.

USA will win it before Rep. of Ireland, let's be honest here.

I was going to go last night, but I figured I'd give CCB a little bit more time, since I'm such a nice fella! :P

360px-MegaSnatcher_cover.jpg

Snatcher -ever have a game that you trade in and then years later say "Damn, I never should have traded that game in!"? Well Snatcher is that game for me. You can't find this game in any used games stores and people on ebay are asking insane amounts of money for it. This is a pre-MSG Hideo Kojima game so you know the quality is there. It's more or less a point and click type game with some light gun action mixed in for some scenes. The story is basically a more over the top violent and convoluted version of Blade Runner. You play a detective hunting down androids posing as humans who kill humans, see? Definitely a hidden gem from Konami that went largely under the radar with American gamers, which is a shame.

I'll be on vacation until Monday with limited access to a computer, so I'll message alfdogg my next couple picks, and after that, skip me.

Cv3_na_box.jpg

I actually liked Simon's Quest. I think it gets a bad rap. But Castlevania III is everything that a Castlevania game should be. The multiple characters, the different paths you can choose? That was some heavy stuff back in the NES era. I probably should have picked this one earlier instead of CV4, but whatever. Also of note: the Japanese version has much better music than the American version. If they release this on the VC, I'd hope it would have the Japanese soundtrack. But there's no way it will.

Final_Fantasy_IX_Cover.jpg

Final Fantasy IX (Playstation, 2001)

I need a good RPG and seen as though VII has been taken, I'll take the next best one in the series (IMO). Great story and some pretty good characters. This game made up for the dissapointment that was VIII.

Was pretty much the reason I hated the game. I just didn't want to play as him and the supporting characters weren't much better. Plus I always feel that FF games look better when they're, for lack of a better word, "cartoony" .

OK, that's 12 hours.

Here's Jer's pick

ikaruga1.jpg

Ikaruga (Dreamcast)

I'll have mine in a few.

tonyhawk3.jpg

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 - Gamecube

Bastard. You got the best one of the series.

tonyhawk3.jpg

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 - Gamecube

Bastard. You got the best one of the series.

After YnA picked 2, I figured I had to grab 3 fast before someone else thought to. And yes, I think 3 is the best of the series.