TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

Desert Island Draft

dawsonscreekseason1dvd.jpg

Dawson's Creek

It was my 90210, though I think it fell off by the end.

I'm going to hunt you down and kill you in your sleep for that.

Shit, nice one with Whose Line, I didn't even think of that. Okay, so the sitcom I wanted and the superhero cartoon I wanted were both taken before I could go with them, so let's just sidestep off the beaten path again, and go with...

120-original.jpg

120 Minutes

Two hours of alternative music videos on a weekly basis for seventeen years. This'll pretty much keep me set for music on the island for sure.

acl.jpg

Well, I was going to save this for a little while, but I don't know if there will be a run on music picks now.

Basically, I love live music, and there is no better live music program to pick than Austin City Limits. Almost every single band that I love has been on the show and really, it contains a history of who's who in rock music from 1975 until now.

Can't think of a more rewatchable program for me to take to my island.

notredamestadium.jpg

Notre Dame Football on NBC

Every home game for the last eighteen years. What can I say, I live in South Bend. On an island I'll need something to remind me of home.

My pick is what I consider the steal of round 7

ERSeason12.jpg

E.R., NBC 1994 - Now

300+ episodes, excellent series, great rotating cast. Never got into it right off the bat, but got very interested watching reruns on TNT a couple years ago and that's how I've been catching them

xlarge.jpg

Drawn Togeather

Took politically incorrect humor to new heights. Captian Hero is one of the funniest characters ever.

My pick is what I consider the steal of round 7

ERSeason12.jpg

E.R., NBC 1994 - Now

300+ episodes, excellent series, great rotating cast. Never got into it right off the bat, but got very interested watching reruns on TNT a couple years ago and that's how I've been catching them

FUCK

That is a steal!

Three's Company was my next selection, so I will go with...

harry02.jpg

Night Court. Another one I was a little miffed to still see in the running. Used to LOVE this show. Just under 200 epiosdes, great cast

Guess it worked out, if you'd taken one I'd get the other.

Figured I needed a couple long running shows...imagining I'm going to be on this island for a while

Comedy Central Presents

Comedy_Central_Presents.JPG

I wanted stand-up comedy, and I couldn't think of a better series than this. 12 seasons, 196 episodes and 2 specials worth of some of the best stand-up comedy in the country. You've got young up and comers like Nick Thune, underground legends like Eugene Mirman, personal heros like Mike Birbiglia, unfunny assholes like Nick DiPaulo, and a whole bunch of others (Maria Bamford, Nick Swardson, Stella, Brian Posehn, Jim Gaffigan, Kevin Nealon, Aries Spears, on and on and on.) Plus, as a stand-up comedian, it would let me work on my shit while I was waiting to get picked up, because nothing gets me writing like watching stand-up. Also, the special "My First Time" about comedians going up for their first time is fun to watch, and if you can check it out, check it out.

OneTreeHill-Cast-03s.jpg

One Tree Hill

I need a teen drama of some sort and that fucker took Dawson's so i'm guess I'm going with this. Really good first season at least.

OneTreeHill-Cast-03s.jpg

One Tree Hill

I need a teen drama of some sort and that fucker took Dawson's so i'm guess I'm going with this. Really good first season at least.

I will wear the mantle of "that fucker" with pride.

Right! So. Since I've gotten some of my absolute favorite television shows and have accounted for music. So what I think I'm lacking right now is stuff I've seen, but not seen enough of, because I'd like to at least have some stuff I haven't seen before on the island (aside from music videos). As such, my next pick is...

LarrySanders.jpg

The Larry Sanders Show

Because I've seen the entire first season and love it, because I lack a live-action TV comedy (unless you count Dead Like Me, and okay there's Monty Python, but I'm not thinking in terms of sketch comedy here), and because, I mean, really, the cast includes pretty much some of my favorite character actors of all time. I'm willing to take a chance on this one.

megadethBTM.jpg

Behind the Music

Lots of quality shit I can watch over and over. I chose Megadeth for my picture because that's my favorite episode. Check that shit out, it's fucked up.

Man, fucking pays to check on the weekends huh? I'm more of a during work TSMer.

Anyways, I wanted Night Court this round and thought that it would be there for awhile. But my pick is....

Frasier.jpg

Growing up I was a huge Cheers fan, so I continued watching Frasier after his move to Seattle. Surprised that this was still around kind of.

I think that Frasier was among the longest running character on tv and was a good one. I always enjoyed this show. Smart humor and really underappreciated.