TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

2008 NBA Draft

So Kevin Pritchard is gonna take over for Mark Cuban as "GM everybody knows and reads about all the time," except he doesn't seem like an irritating-as-shit cock. I dig.

And I don't think Mark Cuban is the teams GM.

Right. Let's just say "team executive," then.

Portland is going to have a nice 42 forward/center fouls to give this season.

Guest Vitamin X

I doubt all of these bigs are going to make the team. No way in hell.

Guest Vitamin X
35 foot tall starting five. Best team ever.

Laaaaaadies and gentlemeeeeeeen... Your Portland.. TRAIIIIILL BLAAAZERS!!!

spacejam.jpg

Hahah, Tyrus Thomas.

Some asshole is supposedly saying that the Blazers got rid of Arthur for Batum. WTF, Pritchard?

I guess the man IS fallible.

I've heard Batum to Portland for Arthur and Dorsey. That makes 5 PFs for the Rockets, none of whom are over 6'8". Something's gotta give if this rumor is true.

Guest Vitamin X
Hahah, Tyrus Thomas.

Some asshole is supposedly saying that the Blazers got rid of Arthur for Batum. WTF, Pritchard?

I guess the man IS fallible.

I've heard Batum to Portland for Arthur and Dorsey. That makes 5 PFs for the Rockets, none of whom are over 6'8". Something's gotta give if this rumor is true.

Actually that would be great; I'm not too excited about getting Joey Dorsey- he's not really smart around the basket and he has character issues. DO NOT WANT.

The rumor has been up for the last few hours, and has changed. The original was Lee and another player for Felton, another player and a first rounder. Now it's Lee for Felton straight up? I'd probably make that trade. Felton was made for an uptempo style.

Corrention, it's Batum to Portland for Dorsey and an '09 2nd rounder, and in another trade it's pick 54 (and I guess something else) to Memphis for Donte Greene. Actually, since it's Memphis and they don't want any more guaranteed contracts, it might just be for #54.

Edit: Correction on the correction, I've got two different versions now, one saying what I had up there, the 2nd story saying this one. No idea which is true.

I don't dislike Felton, I just really like Lee, he's one of the few guys on the team I actually like at this point. It would be a great trade for Charlotte, pairing Lee with Emeka, and Augustine should be good to go at the point.

Guest Vitamin X
Corrention, it's Batum to Portland for Dorsey and an '09 2nd rounder, and in another trade it's pick 54 (and I guess something else) to Memphis for Donte Greene. Actually, since it's Memphis and they don't want any more guaranteed contracts, it might just be for #54.

Edit: Correction on the correction, I've got two different versions now, one saying what I had up there, the 2nd story saying this one. No idea which is true.

Batum for Dorsey and an 09 2nd rounder is fucking PERFECT. Keep Arthur and the French guy the Spurs were high on (and if anyone knows a thing about drafting international players, it's them) and dump Dorsey's possible character issues? YES.

We drafted Joe Crawford, but he's not going to make the team anyway. So it doesn't matter.

OJ Mayo, Marko Jaric, Antoine Walker and Greg Buckner are being sent to Memphis for Kevin Love, Mike Miller, Brian Cardinal and Jason Collins.

ESPN just said so. Kevin Love and Al Jefferson on the same team doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

These trades are making my head hurt. Hopefully it'll all be sorted out so I can read about it in the morning.

I like what the Celtics did in this draft, they got backup help where they needed some.

Guest Vitamin X
ESPN says it's Batum for Arthur and Dorsey.

Batum better be fucking worth it, especially over Arthur.

OJ Mayo, Marko Jaric, Antoine Walker and Greg Buckner are being sent to Memphis for Kevin Love, Mike Miller, Brian Cardinal and Jason Collins.

I guess Minnesota and Memphis like picking in the lottery. What a retarded deal for both sides.

It took me a minute to digest that trade, but post-ponderance I love it for Minnesota. Love can work with Jefferson, Big Al can play the 5 without much problem, he's a little undersized for it, but he's got the right combination of motor, skill and athleticism that he can make it work. Hell, he played at the 5 most of last season, the team sucked, but it wasn't his fault, and he produced at high level despite the occasional mismatches. Love is a fucking talent, so good all-around, he should actually be a great compliment to Jefferson with his shooting ability, and both of them are great passers who can create a little off the dribble from 10 feet in. It's an undersized primary PF-C combo height wise, but both have some girth and strength and rebound well, so they should be ok.

The key to the deal though is Mike Miller, that is a fucking STEAL for Minnesota. Mike Miller is a fucking criminal, and he's going to shine on that team.

I really like Mayo too, he's the guy I hoped NY would get somehow, but Miller AND Love for Mayo? No questions asked.

It is a bit of a shame that we won't get the GAY-LOVE pairing though :lol:

Minnesota is clearly the winner here, btw. Memphis can opt out of Walker's contract after this season, but they've got to shell out almost $35 million to Buckner and Jaric, who have been relative non-factors for quite a while, over the next 3 years. Meanwhile, Minnesota gets a potential 20+ ppg guy in Miller, an expiring contract in Collins who is also a strong post defender, and Cardinal who expires in 2010. Maybe Mayo will be the better pro than Love, but I don't know that he is worth just Miller right now, much less both of those two.