TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boxer

OAO Raw Thread 6/23/08

In the midst of the build-up to Night of Champions, there’s one thing on every Superstar’s mind: the 2008 WWE Draft. For the second year in a row, the Draft will take place on a special three-hour Raw, where all Superstars, all Divas and all announcers from all three brands are eligible. How will the entire landscape of sports-entertainment change in the wake of this year’s Draft?

Even with the Draft dominating Raw next week, Mr. McMahon has announced that there’s nothing keeping him from giving away another $1 million of his money as part of Mr. McMahon’s Million Dollar Mania. For your chance to get a share of the Chairman’s cash, all you have to do is register to win.

Temperatures continue to rise between WWE Champion Triple H and his Night of Champions challenger John Cena. Last week, Mr. McMahon was forced to send in a referee to keep The Game and Cena from taking each other apart at the very start of Raw, and we still have more than a week to go until Night of Champions, when they’ll finally be turned loose on one another. When two competitors this powerful and confident want to compete, is there anything capable of keeping them apart?

After being kept away from Cena, Triple H participated in a match against Intercontinental Champion Chris Jericho as retaliation for Y2J’s cruel treatment of Shawn Michaels the week before. Jericho has stated that he’s tired of being booed for doing the right thing only to see HBK cheered for his dishonest behavior, and to back his claim, he was willing to throw down with not only the WWE Champion but also Ric Flair, in the Hall of Famer’s first appearance since his retirement. After having his head smashed into the Jeri-Tron 6000, Michaels is currently receiving medical care, but how long will it be before he returns to Raw looking for payback?

Though they have had their share of difficulties in prior weeks, the World Tag Team Champions Hardcore Holly & Cody Rhodes managed to defeat Cryme Tyme in a non-title match on Raw. Watching them compete was Ted DiBiase, who along with a partner of his choosing will be challenging Holly & Rhodes at Night of Champions in the third-generation Superstar’s first in-ring performance. Who is this mystery competitor, and will the World Tag Team Champions be able to stand up to their assault?

Tune in to witness sports-entertainment history on a three-hour Monday Night Raw at the special time of 8/7 CT only on the USA Network.

I know people ask this all the time and it's well annoying. But does anyone have a stream? I'm interested in the draft and the draft alone.

At least they won't waste too much time on the money tonight. According to the rules website(at least when I checked it earlier this week) there's only gonna be 6 giveaways tonight. 5 of $100K, and one of $500K.

Maybe Charlie Hass will come out and doing his weekly giveaway moment with McMahon and then gets punked into being drafted to ECW.

On a more serious note, I can see Matt and Jeff switching shows, but I think that will be the biggest move of them all.

BTW if you want to read a spoiler:

Ric Flair will be on Raw tonight

The show airs from 9-12 in Canada which conflicted with me having to be at work BY 12am, but someone no-showed this morning and I did his shift and got someone else to cover mine, so, as sad as it may sound, I'm home from work and pumped for a 3 hour Raw.

I'm hoping they follow a similar format to last year where wrestling matches = draft segments because there seems to be a lot of "man, money AND draft segments? Where's the wrestling going to be?" going around.

I actually don't mind that draft pick. I'm not a huge fan of his right now, but a surprise.

Smackdown better be getting someone huge cuz Mysterio was one of D's only main eveneters. I guess they're giving Mysterio one last run on Raw before he finally decides to hang it up.

Yes! We got that injured dude!

Lol. This system, really doesn't make much sense. I mean, HHH just won Raw a draft pick. But let's say HHH by the end of the night, isn't even a RAW superstar. Then SD GM Vickie (as it seems like something she'd do) could make the argument a SD superstar won. Yea, it's just sort of weird.

Fuck this pick. SD's got a big Latin audience... so they move Rey AWAY from it? That doesn't make sense?

Losing Mysterio isn't a big loss for SD! as he hasn't been around in awhile anyways.

No, it's a big loss. Injured or not he's like their biggest draw.

Smackdown gets raped early this year unless they do wind up with Cena.

Fuck this pick. SD's got a big Latin audience... so they move Rey AWAY from it? That doesn't make sense?

SDs going to MNTV in September which is in much fewer homes than even the CW.

Yeah... generally, a new network means that they'd want something big for it? Instead, they're just going to steal all the worthwhile talent off of it and turn it into another ECW? How's that work?

HHH didn't Pedigree him. I'm disappointed.

Rey seems to have more tattoos on his arms. He seems a lit bit skinner also.

I was thinking that as well.