TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

ECW on Sci-Fi (7/1/2008)

It was an incredible Night of Champions for the World’s Strongest Man Mark Henry, who overcame the onslaught of the Big Red Machine Kane and the World’s Largest Athlete Big Show in a Triple Threat Match to bring the ECW Championship back to the Land of the Extreme.

Kane showed tremendous fortitude as he fought through an injury during the match, suplexing the gigantic Big Show off the top rope. But, while both men were feeling the effects of the devastating move, Henry splashed his way in, picking up both the win and the gold. With Big Show still a SmackDown Superstar and Kane drafted over to Monday Night Raw, who will dare challenge the gigantic new ECW champion?

Newly-drafted United States Champion Matt Hardy made an extremely strong statement by defeating the self-proclaimed “Mexican Warrior” Chavo Guerrero. After Guerrero grabbed the No. 1 contender’s spot thanks to his aunt, SmackDown General Manager Vickie Guerrero, Hardy stopped him in his tracks, hitting the Twist of Fate. Will Guerrero come back for more? Or, will Matt Hardy find new prey on Tuesday nights?

WWE Tag Team Champions The Miz & John Morrison retained their titles in a whirlwind match against the father-son duo of Finlay and Hornswoggle, which ended with Morrison hurling Hornswoggle from the top rope to pick up the win. Will the brawler from Belfast and his son seek retribution for this attack now that they are officially members of ECW? Or will they bow to the Palace of Wisdom?

Find out the answers to all of these questions and more on the next ECW on Sci Fi, Tuesday at 10/9 CT.

I have literally no desire to watch ECW anymore. I guess I would like to see the new Elijah Burke gimmick, but other than that it offers me nothing. I'll read the spoilers to see if there is a Burke appearance or a new developmental debut worth tuning in for.

Reading the spoilers there is a developmental debut tonight -

Atlas Ortiz (whom I assume is Atlas DaBone) -

http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/prof...las-dabone.html Carlito is gonna be pissed.

I didn't even mean that in a sarcastic way. I'm really do love that he's obviously so happy, and I'm pretty happy for the guy. He's been put through a lot of shit over the years, so he deserves this spot as far as I'm concerned.

I was just laughing at how as soon as Henry stepped out from the back, he already had a huge ass smile on his face.

Mark Henry is Shang Tsung and will rip Colin Delaney's soul out.

God, I love Mark Henry now. He may not be the best wrestler, but he's speaking now and not being a faceless monster. And I think they're just letting him loose on the mic and it works.

I barely even feel like I've been watching WWE for the past week. Ever since the draft, you've gotta hand it to em, they really have changed things up.

And so far, it all seems to be for the better.

I barely even feel like I've been watching WWE for the past week. Ever since the draft, you've gotta hand it to em, they really have changed things up.

And so far, it all seems to be for the better.

It's almost like Heyman's philosophy of "accentuating the positives" booking is being copied without Heyman's almost sociopath personality.

I love Tazz's commentary regarding the draft: "That's what I love, having a US Champion like Matt Hardy, a Finlay, a HORNSWAGGLE..."

Hopefully this new Superstar Initiative will lead to the reinstated Juniors division and more Boogeymen.

And Colt Cabana and his good friend Matt Classic

That's Atlas Debone correct? I hope he doesn't use that Jumbo Jet Splash he used in OVW.

I can't find anything on the net about that... is it yet another Frog Splash take-off?

... yeah... this match has about as much heat as...

fuck, I can't come up with a good analogy, it sucks.

That's Atlas Debone correct? I hope he doesn't use that Jumbo Jet Splash he used in OVW.

I can't find anything on the net about that... is it yet another Frog Splash take-off?

A standing splash.

Way to put the new guy over by having a longish match against a former manager/GM who rarely wrestles. :rolleyes: