TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

Mickie Knuckles breaks leg at show

I heard it was a clean break and she's already had it worked on.

I guess IWA ended the show right then and there, cancelled the rest of the card on the spot...seems a little weak

A lot of TNA talent needs to work indy's to make a decent pay. If TNA were to pull their talent from all indy's, they better be prepared to pay them more money.

And that is a nasty fucking break.

Fuck that's awful. Granted you don't see the leg actually break, but it's still pretty sick. That video of Sid in WCW makes me cringe EVERY time I see it...

Fuck that's awful. Granted you don't see the leg actually break, but it's still pretty sick. That video of Sid in WCW makes me cringe EVERY time I see it...

I've looked over and over for it but does anyone have a link to the full match that sid broke his leg in and what happened right afterwards? All i have ever seen on youtube is the 10 or 15 seconds worth without commentary and I don't remember what happened right after he broke it...ie if they cut to commercial or how the announcers reacted.

A lot of TNA talent needs to work indy's to make a decent pay.

Change "a lot" to "almost all", and yeah. Consider that damn near everyone in TNA works indy shows or Japanese tours or some other kind of outside employment.

I've looked over and over for it but does anyone have a link to the full match that sid broke his leg in and what happened right afterwards? All i have ever seen on youtube is the 10 or 15 seconds worth without commentary and I don't remember what happened right after he broke it...ie if they cut to commercial or how the announcers reacted.

You're a sick fuck, but

and
it is. They couldn't cut to commercial since it was pay-per-view, so they just ended the match as quickly as possible.

And ouch, that sux0rs for Mickie. At least this is after she signed the contract and not before.

Observer:

Moose, known independently as Mickie Knuckles, suffered a broken leg last night at the IWA Mid South show in Joliet, IL.

The injury, which took place in a match with Sara Del Rey, was so severe that the rest of the show was canceled (it was the final event scheduled) and asked fans to leave the arena.

According to a report it was a horrible injury to witness. Knuckles was selling her leg from a leg submission, but did a dive off cinderblocks in the ring and for realism, did it while selling. She landed with almost all her weight on the right leg and the leg snapped above the knee in a manner compared to the ugly Sid Vicious injury on WCW television years ago.

She underwent surgery today for a broken femur.

http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/5918/105/

I don't think it's weak to cancel the rest of the show especially since the report says it was the last match, what else could they do, have someone come in and pin her opponent? The workers probably have a lot of respect for this woman and I'd guess many were really upset. She's basically "one of the boys."

Yes this is old fashioned thinking but I'm still not sure I like the idea of hardcore for the women, blading, dives onto gym floors and such. Even if it's someone like Moose/Knuckles who can do it successfully most of the time, if the style gets more popular you'll see some broken and crippled ladies especially in small promotions.

Yes this is old fashioned thinking but I'm still not sure I like the idea of hardcore for the women, blading, dives onto gym floors and such. Even if it's someone like Moose/Knuckles who can do it successfully most of the time, if the style gets more popular you'll see some broken and crippled ladies especially in small promotions.

Why is it okay to have broken and crippled men then?

Probably not, but it's the same for men too.

And a dive on the gym floor isn't exactly that big a deal in the grand scheme of stupid wrestling moves

It's not. Do you think on the average, even trained and athletic women are as likely to use that style and come out okay?

Um, yes. Why not? Except for the difference in genitals and upper-body muscle mass, which is fairly irrelevant in a worked noncompetitive "sport", there isn't a whole hell of a lot of difference between the general physiology of men and women. Besides, having seen Mickie up close, I guarantee you that her legs are thicker and more muscular than the hundreds of little skinny guys who do dives like this all the time. She wasn't even just hitting the ground, Sara Del Ray was supposed to help catch her, it just went wrong. Like the vast majority of injuries in pro wrestling, it was just a freak accident which occured while she was doing familiar old spots that she's done countless times before without incident. HHH, Vince, and Nash all ripped their quads by just stepping wrong. Should they never walk again for fear of it reoccuring?

POST-SURGERY INJURY UPDATE ON MICKIE 'MOOSE' KNUCKLES

by Mike Johnson @ 12:47 AM on 7/8/2008

Mickie "Moose" Knuckle's surgery to repair a broken femur in her right leg was said to have been a complete success and she is expected to be able to leave the hospital on crutches in a few days. The surgery took longer than doctors initially expected due to the muscle mass in her leg.

Knuckles was fitted with a titanium rod in order to hold the bones in place during the healing process. The early prognosis is that Knuckles will need six months recovery and rehabilitation time before she can return to the ring. She's said to be in good spirits but in a lot of pain.

As I reported yesterday on PWInsider.com, TNA intends to sign Knuckles when she is able to return to the ring.

I just hope that she doesn't feel pressured into returning too soon out of fear of losing her spot.