TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

WWE Raw (7/7/2008)

Much as I like the whole 'anarchy without Vince' thing, I don't understand how him being in the building would have prevented a light falling over during an interview or a fan running loose in the arena as it apparantly has done every show for the past 15 years, but whatever.

The Kane thing is probably a huge mislead that's going to lead to something else, like it turns out he's talking about 'the old Kane' or some crap like that.

Unless it turns out he's really Vince's bastard child I don't understand why he'd care about him either way. And they already ruled that out during the storyline.

I was going to say the return of Fake Kane, but I guess that's out of the question.

Crap, they don't have any Kane horror movies coming out that I haven't heard about, do they? If this is May 19th all over again then I quit right now.

Anyone else see this sign last night?

That's awesome. I've always wanted a life-sized Hornswoggle poster.

Psh. WWE "life size" posters are never life size.... unless Maria is really 4 feet tall.

Speaking of the Hogan family, wasn't there also a sign in the front row by the entrance that said "The Hogan Family = White Trash?" It was the same people who had the pro Flair signs.

Much as I like the whole 'anarchy without Vince' thing, I don't understand how him being in the building would have prevented a light falling over during an interview or a fan running loose in the arena as it apparantly has done every show for the past 15 years, but whatever.

I took the light falling down as some sort of deal someone purposely did in the storyline to try to take out Punk much as Vince's accident occured. I'm pretty sure how they will explain Vince's deal is that Kane's supernatural powers made all of that happen, as well as the light falling during Punk's promo.

As for the "fan" running in (and even backstage, mind you) during the Batista deal, that's simply someone coming up with an idea that without any GM, or any McMahons "in the back" running things, chaos apparently ensues and someone can just run into the backstage, and find where they are filming the promo, and act a fool. I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear the "fan" is one of the small scale writers the company is using or something. They seem to have a knack to find random characters to throw them on TV for once in awhile.

BTW, I may be way off here, but I swear that was Bruce Pritchard driving in JBL's limo last night, and then running the fuck off fast after he parked it, like he didn't expect to be on camera.

I took the light falling down as some sort of deal someone purposely did in the storyline to try to take out Punk much as Vince's accident occured. I'm pretty sure how they will explain Vince's deal is that Kane's supernatural powers made all of that happen, as well as the light falling during Punk's promo.

As for the "fan" running in (and even backstage, mind you) during the Batista deal, that's simply someone coming up with an idea that without any GM, or any McMahons "in the back" running things, chaos apparently ensues and someone can just run into the backstage, and find where they are filming the promo, and act a fool. I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear the "fan" is one of the small scale writers the company is using or something. They seem to have a knack to find random characters to throw them on TV for once in awhile.

BTW, I may be way off here, but I swear that was Bruce Pritchard driving in JBL's limo last night, and then running the fuck off fast after he parked it, like he didn't expect to be on camera.

He ran because he found out CTC was in the back.

Anyone else see this sign last night?

That's awesome. I've always wanted a life-sized Hornswoggle poster.

Psh. WWE "life size" posters are never life size.... unless Maria is really 4 feet tall.

Hornswoggle...

Raw did a 3.5 again this week according to the observer site.

CM Punk > HHH

The cost of oil is under $139/barrell and the economy is getting stronger. Plus, school is finally out all over the country. Our great fans finally found that Raw is on USA after moving from Spike. HHH is still twice the draw Punk is.

I've seen a large number of Pro Macho Man signs popping up over the last few months! Anything really can happen with Vince 'gone'!

Mickie James even called Macho Man her favourite wrestler on WWE.com!

Raw did a 3.5 again this week according to the observer site.

CM Punk > HHH

The cost of oil is under $139/barrell and the economy is getting stronger. Plus, school is finally out all over the country. Our great fans finally found that Raw is on USA after moving from Spike. HHH is still twice the draw Punk is.

Reading F4W's detailing conference calls from 2001 where they still talk about people adjusting to the USA / TNN switch and the fact that it's summer (because you know, summer didn't exist during 98 and 99's boom period) was some good times.

The difference now is that in early 2006 WWE was already locked in to doing HHH vs. Cena at WM and lord knows they have to keep HHH happy (even if he jobbed in that match). And of course they were still incessant about pushing Cena. Edge's MITB win was mostly to get that off the books, then it got over so well they had no choice but to push him later in the year.

Right now? Why not give Punk a run with the belt? If they wanted to put the belt on Batista, guess what guys...he could have just won it at Night of Champions and brought it to Raw.