TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

This Week in Baseball 7/21 - 7/27

As much torment as they've brought me, I sort of dig the Marlins. That they do so much with so little while plugging in young, talented players into everyday roles would be even more admirable if it weren't obvious the strategy is a result of their dickhead owner's frugality.

I'm way too excited about starting these game threads on NSBB. I don't know why I just posted that. Czech, what's going on, man?

If you ever eat burritos, then you'd know what it's like to be drunk.

Even god is tired of ESPN showing Yanks/Sox. He is giving them the old fuck you tonight, I love it. I hope every fucking time ESPN shows these two teams against each other it fucking pours.

Guest The Elements of Style
I'm way too excited about starting these game threads on NSBB. I don't know why I just posted that. Czech, what's going on, man?

You're starting game threads at NSBB? Hmph. I've been lurking there too much lately: I'm getting into "GAME OVER. SEASON OVER. TEAM OVER. LIFE OVER!" mode waaaay too much these days. Did you quit TSM for them?

As much torment as they've brought me, I sort of dig the Marlins. That they do so much with so little while plugging in young, talented players into everyday roles would be even more admirable if it weren't obvious the strategy is a result of their dickhead owner's frugality.

No. I'm sick of these Pavano/Dontrelle time bombs: I want them to fail AS Marlins, not afterward. I want them to only draw 375 people every night. I want nothing but complete abject failure for everyone and everything associated with the Florida Marlins. The only thing that has ever gone wrong for them is Reggie Abercrombie sucking. This track record is inexcusable.

Before shutting out the Nationals again, we sent down Andy LaRoche. No reason to let him sit on the bench, he's too good for it. But for Mike Sweeney? Gawd.

You're starting game threads at NSBB? Hmph. I've been lurking there too much lately: I'm getting into "GAME OVER. SEASON OVER. TEAM OVER. LIFE OVER!" mode waaaay too much these days. Did you quit TSM for them?

Yeah, I'm back under my original alias of The R-Train, that weird mulleted wrestler with aspirations of a WWE career. I wouldn't say I've quit TSM; just haven't had much time to lurk online lately. Between my hectic schedule of working in the Seattle's Best Cafe at Borders, drinking with friends, and attending more Cubs games than any man should (I actually bought one of their nine-game plans, and then got three more games for the hell of it), I might actually say I have a life now... well, no. That might be stretching it. I also found out I'm surprisingly gifted at karaoke. And I'm bi now. Who knew?

"We really don't understand why he's not here." "I'm black."

Guest Vitamin X

AND HERE COME THE ROCKIES!

Okay, it's just a sweep of Cincinatti, but I've gotta be happy with where they're sitting right now. 9 out of 10 games since the break, and coming up is a three game series against Pittsburgh, but then Florida's coming up next. That could be a big series (at least for Colorado it certainly is).

Guest The Elements of Style

Yeah, I knew the Rockies weren't going to be that woeful forever. I think they'll make a late charge at the wild card if not the Western Division outright. Aaron Cook is baseball's new It Boy. He might groundball-out his way to Cy Young consideration.

I'm bi now. Who knew?

pfffffff

I never would have guessed that the r-train would turn out bisexual. I never thought he would get into women at all.

Anyone know what's up with Hanley Ramirez? Is he hurt or something? Been really struggling post all-star break.

Guest Vitamin X

WTF, Colorado? Don't get my hopes up by winning all these games and then losing two straight to the fucking Pirates.

The next series against Florida doesn't look so good.