TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RedJed

Impact Spoilers for 7/31

I added my thoughts in ( )

Thanks to Alex of PWInsider.com for the following results:

TNA is currently taping this week's iMPACT from Orlando, FL. Below are the results:

Beer Money defeated Christian Cage and Rhino to earn a shot at the Tag Titles at Hard Justice. Team 3D interfered and Cage challenged the two to a tag team match at the pay-per-view (Likely by the next taping, they will announce that match as a New Jersey Street Fight).

Jay Lethal, Sharkboy and Curry Man defeated Johnny Devine and Rock & Rave Infection. Lethal takes the mic and was going to propose to So Cal Val again but she says she lost the ring (Dutt took it from her in the horrible hospital segment last week). Lethal gets upset and walks off.

Booker T comes to the ring to give Samoa Joe a "tour of the Six Sides of Steel." Joe comes out and they start to brawl. Someone drops a bat from the rafters and Booker nails Joe with it. (The bat deal is getting repetitive)

AJ Styles comes out to check on Joe. Styles takes the mic and demands Sting show himself, saying he's tired of making excuses for him. Sting's music plays but out comes Kurt Angle, who hits Styles with several Olympic Slams and leaves him laying.

In a non-title bout, Consequences Creed defeated X Division Champion Petey Williams (Setting up title match with them at the ppv).

Backstage, AJ Styles challenges Kurt Angle to a Last Man Standing match at Hard Justice.

Matt Morgan pinned Sal Rinauro. He called out Tomko and they brawled until security broke it up. They break free of security and Morgan lays out Tomko.

Gail Kim and Knockout Champ Taylor Wilde defeated Velvet Sky and Angelina Love. Awesome Kong hit the ring after the match and laid out Kim and Taylor. ODB and Roxxi came down to chase her off. (This all sets up a title match with all of those women at the ppv)

-----Overall, sounds ok and definately advances or sets up alot of stuff for the ppv, which I posted in the general thoughts thread. Morgan v. Tomko will probably be added to the ppv, boy I wonder who's doin the job there?

I'm not sure Consequences is ready for a title shot of any kind. Since his return earlier in the year he's been mostly a jobber, and in fact recently on Impact Booker treated him like one and they even did a stretcher angle with Creed.

I'm not sure Consequences is ready for a title shot of any kind. Since his return earlier in the year he's been mostly a jobber, and in fact recently on Impact Booker treated him like one and they even did a stretcher angle with Creed.

The plan is for him against Williams though at the ppv, I guess. They put him over in a four way match on last week's Impact, and beating the champ in a non-title match is definately where it's leading. Given Williams hasn't done shit with the belt, it's not like the belt is holding any prestige right now so might as well give him a shot.

Is Petey Pump's eye still messed up? Is this why he doesn't do much?

Yeah, his orbital bone had been messed up but he's been back working for the last 6 weeks or so (if not more).

I like Creed but I would have built him up stronger before this push. Just some vignettes like he had before his debut telling us how he plans on winning the belt.

The show doesn't look horrible by any stretch. I'm wondering where the Machine Guns during the tag match. I would like to see them added to the match to gain some revenge for last week, losing to BM.

On the topic of Creed, as much of a mark as I am for Petey (couldn't tell, huh?), I would like to see Creed with a run with the title. Petey has done shit with the belt, and I think that Steiner going down might have had something to do with the lack of TV time. I think that if Steiner hadn't gone down, he and Petey would have been on TV together doing some more classic promos and such.

With Kong back, it makes the Knockout division much more entertaining.

I know I can't be the only one bores with the whole "where is Sting going" storyline that was already done in WCW? He's in volved, not only with the Angle/3D vs Styles story, but also the main event story with Joe and Booker. I like Sting. But couldn't care less about this right now. Build Joe as a credible champion, or do they WANT him to fail so they have reason to put the belt on a returning Jarrett?

People still think Jarrett's going to return? That just shows you what people think about this company. These spoilers don't sound very good, and I bet it will be worse to watch on TV. This Lethal/Dutt feud really needs to end, its just awful. And this stuff with Sting is really bad too. It makes no sense, we know its going to lead to a title shot at Bound For Glory, and they keep teasing a heel turn we know won't happen. Joe's reign with the title so far has been very unspectacular. I kinda worried about this, since they struck while the iron was cold with Joe. Not to metion, I hate those "stealing the belt" storylines. As the viewer, your supposed to assume that the company would make the guy give it back, or he'll be fired.

The dilemma with TNA right now is that I don't see that ONE mega cool match they have on the horizon that they can build to. Joe vs. Sting is lukewarm, Joe vs. Nash is meh. Joe vs. Angle has been done to death, ditto Joe vs. Styles. Joe vs. Jarrett would have zero interest if JJ did in fact come back.

My solution would be to throw some money at Rob Van Dam and build to him vs. Joe way down the line.

The problem with TNA is their writing. I enjoy the show because I am a fan of the wrestlers. Their house shows and PPVs away from Orlando usually have good crowds, and good build. They have the talent to be big, but their writing isn't very good.

Besides the obvious (fire Russo), the other problem is, they are trying to do things that people haven't seen, or haven't seen often. The problem with that is most of the time the ideas are outrageous. For every Ultimate X match, there are 3 or 4 horrible ideas (reverse Battle Royal, ugh).

If I was RVD, I would stay the hell away from this company right now. I would have liked if he signed last year before the Angle title run, but now their shows are worst than ever. I'm sure RVD is having a fine time over in Spain, and is probably making good money in Rikishi's promotion.

If I was RVD, I would stay the hell away from this company right now. I would have liked if he signed last year before the Angle title run, but now their shows are worst than ever. I'm sure RVD is having a fine time over in Spain, and is probably making good money in Rikishi's promotion.

You obviously haven't watched TNA that long if you think this is the WORST EVER.

The worst TNA shows I can recall were the hideous ones in mid 2006 with the truly terrible Jarrett/Larry Z/Hebner crap all over them. The Nashville shows might have had some trash on them, but there used to be some good wrestling to be found as well.

That stuff sucked so bad that it got Russo rehired. Think about that.

The worst TNA shows I can recall were the hideous ones in mid 2006 with the truly terrible Jarrett/Larry Z/Hebner crap all over them. The Nashville shows might have had some trash on them, but there used to be some good wrestling to be found as well.

That stuff sucked so bad that it got Russo rehired. Think about that.

It also had referee Slick Johnson of all people getting a role in that angle.

The Jackass segments with Sabin/Lethal/Dutt happened that year too.

I don't remember off the top of my head, did the three-way feud between AJ, Joe, and Daniels take place in '06? Or was that '05?

I don't remember off the top of my head, did the three-way feud between AJ, Joe, and Daniels take place in '06? Or was that '05?

'05, when Joe was heel.

'05, when Joe was heel.

Ahh, thanks. Then yes, I can say with a clear conscience that 2006 was by far TNA's worst year. And yeah, that period of time when they had no TV and only needed to cater to net fans because we were the only ones watching was some fun stuff.

Yes, I know that crap with Jarrett/Hebner/Larry was probably the worst angle they've ever done, but I don't remember the rest of those shows being boring and bad like they are now. It was only 1 hour back then, so it really couldn't get boring.

I want them to turn Sting heel. Just because I'd kinda like to see him play heel for a change.

Well, WCW tried this on Fall Brawl 99, and no one gave a shit. Hell, the next night on Nitro, I think Sting pretty much no sold his own heel turn! Goldberg in 2000 no sold his heel turn as well.

Tonight's show was actually pretty silly and fun. Curry Man and Shark Boy carried it, and I never thought I'd say that.

I'll put it this way in regards to TNA in mid 2006: There were people seriously thinking they were going to go out of business during that period. I'm talking when Jarrett got the belt the way he did at the KOTM match.

I enjoyed last night's Impact show. The woman's tag match was a really good solid match and it kinda surprised me a bit it was the main event but it was such a good match I don't mind that it was. Curryman and Sharkboy were awesome and I really want to see more of the super hero stable though I don't know if I like Eric Young being Super Eric. It was my first time actually seeing the gimmick and I found it really more over the top than usual.

Wow, last night's Impact was a good show! Easily the best they've had in a long time. The superhero stable is gold! Sharkboy and Curryman are hilarious, and I think they finally found a way to make Super Eric funny. I didn't remember a bad part of the show. Really fun. And as for TNA in 2006, does it really shock anybody if they went out of business after that horrible angle? I mean, that stuff was as bad as the stuff WCW did in 99, though I don't remember the Impact episodes as a whole being that bad. The entire Nitro's from 99 were terrible.

I want all this "who is Sting with" thing to be Jarrett supplying black baseball bats to people. Not because it'd make good TV, but then because now they're splitting the MCMGs up I could then never watch TNA again with a clear conscience.

Not that I really care who Sting's with anyway. I wish he'd just go away.

I'm mostly just indifferent on Sting in TNA. He shows up every once a while and main events, and I don't have a problem with it, mostly because he can still go in the ring. And splitting up the MCMG's is a terrible idea, since these guys are buried as it is, they will be even more buried as single wrestlers.