TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Smackdown spoilers (a little basic)

Dark match

R-Truth b Kenny Dykstra

Smackdown

Jim Ross & Tazz announcing as Mick Foley sells last week's injuries

Maryse & Victoria & Natalya b Michelle McCool & Cherry & Maria. They did an Olympic feel. Natalya used the sharpshooter on Maria

Bam Neely had a black rose on him. The spirit of the Undertaker is here

Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder b Jimmy Wang Yang & Shannon Moore

Jeff Hardy vs. MVP is official for SummerSlam

Jeff Hardy b Shelton Benjamin via DQ in a long match when MVP interfered as Jeff had it won

Arm wrestling match with broken glass

HHH was about to put Khali's hand in the glass when Khali head-butts him and lays him out with the big squeeze and HHH had to be helped out

Hawkins had a black rose on him

Zack Ryder was also laid out

Chavo & Vickie think Edge is responsible

Vladimir Koslov b Jesse

Brian Kendrick b Super Crazy

Edge shows up and the Guerreros are mad at him. Edge said that have to show unity against whomever is destroying La Familia

Edge, Vickie & Chavo go to the ring to call out Undertaker, but Edge turned on Chavo, and shoved Vickie out of the wheelchair

F4W

Here are some with a little more detail. Got them from Rajah.com

Dark Match:

* Ron Killings b. Kenny Dykstra

- Killings (with the crowd behind him) gets the win with an axe kick in 5:00.

SmackDown:

* Jim Ross is out with Tazz to commentate.

* A video package of Edge & Foley from last week is shown.

* Maryse, Victoria, & Natalya b. Michelle McCool, Cherry, & Maria

- All six are dressed for Olympic events. Maria taps to Natalya's sharpshooter at 2:33.

* Backstage, La Familia finds Bam Neely laid out with a black rose on top of him. They're confused.

* Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder b. Jimmy Wang Yang & Shannon Moore

- Moore gets pinned after a double DDT at 4:19.

* Jeff Hardy vs. MVP is announced for SummerSlam.

* Lena Yada interviews MVP backstage about Jeff Hardy.

* Jeff Hardy vs. Shelton Benjamin

- The crowd is really into this match. Shelton works hard on Jeff's left knee dominating most of the match. Jeff turns things around. He continues to work Shelton over and hits Twist of Fate followed by a Swanton Bomb. Jeff goes for the pin and MVP comes running in and lays him out with a boot forcing the match to end in DQ at 15:49.

* Indian Broken Glass Arm-Wrestling Contest:

Khali w/Ranjin Singh b. Triple H

- Singh translates for Khali. Hunter makes fun of him and then says he'll break Khali's legs at SummerSlam. They start the contest... Khali gets the early advantage. Triple H comes back. Khali then headbutts Triple H and goes for the two hand chokeslam. Triple H reverses and goes for the pedigree. Khali locks on the Vice Grip. Triple H tries to fight but goes down. Khali stands tall. Two refs come out and help Hunter to the back.

* Backstage, Curt Hawkins is shown laid out in the locker room with a black rose on him.

* A Ron Killings vignette is shown.

* Chavo Guerrero and Vickie think that Edge may be responsible for laying people out tonight backstage. At some point Zack Ryder was also knocked out.

* Vladimir Kozlov b. Jesse w/Festus

- After a short promo in Russian, Kozlov pins Jessee in about a minute after blocking his crossbody.

* The Guerreros do more talking in the office. Vickie crushes a black rose in her hand.

* Brian Kendrick w/Ezekiel b. Super Crazy

- Kendrick pins Super Crazy after hitting The Kendrick at 4:32. Ezekiel put Super Crazy in a torture rack after the match.

* Edge joins the Guerreros in the office. Vickie is pissed. Edge sucks up to her and calls for unity.

* Edge, Chavo, and Vickie all come out to the ring to call out The Undertaker. Both Edge and Chavo have chairs. Edge turns on Chavo and gives him a one man con–chair–to as Vickie watches from her wheelchair. Edge then shoves Vickie out of her chair. As she screams he cries out that he will take Undertaker and La Familia to hell with him. SmackDown goes off the air.

Dark Main Event:

* Edge (in street clothes) vs. Triple H for the WWE Championship.

- Edge substitutes himself for Vladimir Kozlov. Triple H destroys him with a pedigree after a couple of minutes.

Edge, now shirtless, attacks Hunter as soon as he gets the pin and the title match starts.

* Triple H b. Edge

- Edge dominates early on. Triple H comes back as Kozlov is still in the ring lifeless. They continue to fight back and forth. Edge eventually goes to the back and gets counted out. Kozlov is pedigreed a second time.

The way I see it, is that it's all a big swerve and Edge and Vickie unite when Taker loses hell in a cell. If not, then it'll be stupid for a heel vs. heel storyline between Edge and Vickie.

Unless you know, they're trying to turn Vickie face.

This Edge stuff sounds awesome, but this Vickie face turn is going to be a huge flop. Is Edge shoving her out of a wheelchair evil? She's been able to walk for months anyway, and only uses it as a heel act. I'm glad they turned Chavo face, since I have thought he has had a ready made face turn for months by feuding with Edge over the Vickie stuff. The sad thing is, we know Chavo isn't going anywhere as a face but just jobbing to Edge.

I know its supposed to be heelish, but Edge sounds more like the face in all of this. I know Vickie reinstated UT, but can't see people getting behind her over Edge.

Considering the epic heel heat that Vickie has been getting, Edge probably shoved her out of her wheelchair and got pop of the night.

I know crowds got behind Chavo on the heels of Eddy's passing, but I honestly don't want to see Chavo with another face run. Does this mean the Edgeheads are face now as well?

Considering the epic heel heat that Vickie has been getting, Edge probably shoved her out of her wheelchair and got pop of the night.

I know crowds got behind Chavo on the heels of Eddy's passing, but I honestly don't want to see Chavo with another face run. Does this mean the Edgeheads are face now as well?

Like I said, why is Edge a heel for shoving Vickie out of the wheelchair? Vickie clearly doesn't need it, as we've seen her walk clear as day the past few months, and only uses it just because she doesn't feel like walking, and has someone push her around. People won't accept Vickie as a face, because I think they have a legit dislike over her, because of her just doing tasteless angles for money after Eddie's death, and also because she's naturally annoying.

To make this even more confusing, wouldn't it be something if it was HHH and Vickie incahoots all this time? So then we get a double turn? HHH as heel and Edge as Face?

I wouldn't be shocked to see HHH turn heel since I hear he wants to turn heel all the time. Edge turning face I don't think will ever happen. Him turning heel back in 04 is what has made him get to the next level.

I think Edge's persona can work as a "Stone Cold" type face character. Just as long as he doesn't start spouting catch phrases. The Rockstar tough guy who gets the girls...

And in one promo Edge could be back being the biggest douchebag heel - the kid as at the top of his game right now.

Let's back up here. Did I actually read that someone thinks UT is losing the HIAC to Edge? Ha! The guy already "lost his career" in the last match with Edge and this is his return match. Not only does it make zero sense for UT to job in this match it's not even remotely the right booking in this situation.

Come to think of it, SS is a PPV full of matches where they have booked themselves into a corner. Edge has been a goof of late and jobbed his ass off, yet UT can't simply show up and lose. Cena has zero momentum right now and needs a win, yet Batista has been denied in his various title matches and needs a win.

Let's back up here. Did I actually read that someone thinks UT is losing the HIAC to Edge? Ha! The guy already "lost his career" in the last match with Edge and this is his return match. Not only does it make zero sense for UT to job in this match it's not even remotely the right booking in this situation.

Come to think of it, SS is a PPV full of matches where they have booked themselves into a corner. Edge has been a goof of late and jobbed his ass off, yet UT can't simply show up and lose. Cena has zero momentum right now and needs a win, yet Batista has been denied in his various title matches and needs a win.

They can always do HHH coming out trying to help Taker, hits him by accident, Edge wins, and it then it can go two ways.

Edge and HHH team up and beat the crap out of Taker, similar to HHH/Austin beatdown on the Rock in 2001, or have Taker and HHH spinoff a feud. It's clear one thing I'm trying to hammer home here, please turn HHH heel.

I do believe they'll introduce TLC into HIAC for a huge bump fest. They made a point to address the hardcore match with Edge and Foley at WM22 to remind people that Edge can do these matches just as well as 'Taker. I do think that two very injury prone guys shouldn't be taking big bumps but that's not going to stop them.