TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

Randy Orton Reinjured

Angle was a pretty good champion in that period, if I remember correctly. In fact he was probably the guy that gave the belt an instant credibility that it somehow needed at the time. The problem was he was immediately cast into a new role on SD as a face/tweener no nonsense fighting champion after being the weird heel that he was on Raw, where he was trying to say whatever he could to turn fans on him for Cena.

Eh, besides the Undertaker match at No Way Out that year, I don't think Angle was really that good. Him getting the title immediately made Smackdown look like a B show because he spent half of 05 just jobbing to Cena, and then jobbed to Michaels on his last night on Raw. What was WWE thinking by having Angle/Taker at No Way Out, and having Orton in a WM main event? I mean, how was anyone going to take Orton seriously getting a title shot at WM instead of the Taker?

After hearing the rumor back in 2004 about how Angle and Taker were practically politicking their way into the SD side of the Mania main events for Mania 21 (I think), so Taker could have that classic Mania match he always wanted, and Angle having another high profile match on the show, when Angle went back to SD after his Raw stint, I was worried they were going back to this direction, so I was glad that it wasn't the case, however with how the story was built for the triple threat, they might have been better off going with Angle/Taker instead.

So now it's Survivor Series. Well, good luck on that Orton. Hell, if he really needs it, I say hold him out to Royal Rumble. I love it when injured guys come back during the Rumble and make it a surprise. Like Cena this year.

I honestly don't know why they would bother. An incredibly small percentage of their audience was aware that he had made those statements.

Well, now they mentioned it on Raw, so a lot more people heard it. Plus, he was thrown 300 feet and only reinjured his collarbone? Doesn't add up to me.

Randy Orton has updated his website randy-orton.com with the following message concerning his motorcycle accident:

i was ran off the road last night at 1030 by a car that had its hi beams on and was veering into m lane during a sharp turn a the top of a hill near my home. i had no choice but to crash, and was thrown 300 feet from the concrete block that sent me flying. i was traveling about 30 miles per hour. i'm lucky to be alive. i have some pretty severe skinned up areas such as my left knee right foot, and left shoulder trap. wwe. com should be posting that it wasn't 30 feet but 300 soon. i just called and bitched em out, for the typo. i was wearing a helmet, and if not for that i would have without a doubt been a goner. i see what the extent of my rebroken collarbone is tommorow. ill let you all know. the bike was a harley fat bob, and it was a rental. it is totaled.im happy im alive, and that the bike wasn't mine. all i could think about was my daughter and samantha. God was definetly watching over me!!