TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

ECW on Sci-Fi (8/12/2008)

Following last week's debacle on the live "Dirt Sheet," ECW Champion Mark Henry and his SummerSlam challenger for the title, Matt Hardy, will team against The Miz & John Morrison. Can Henry & Hardy co-exist peacefully before Sunday? Will Miz & Morrison seek revenge for the embarrassment they received from the World’s Strongest Champion and No. 1 contender Hardy?

Colin Delaney ensured his former mentor, Tommy Dreamer, remembered his protégé still carries a grudge against him for holding him back. On ECW on Sci Fi, Delaney made sure Armando Estrada earned his ECW contract when he helped the former ECW General Manager defeat Dreamer. Moments later, ECW GM Theodore Long informed Delaney that next week, he would face the ECW Original in an Extreme Rules Match on ECW. Will Delaney find a way to survive his former mentor’s specialty? And where will Estrada aim his sights now that he is officially an ECW Superstar?

Finally, Mike Knox had some choice words for Finlay on ECW on Sci Fi, none which pleased the Irishman. As these two watch their rivalry heat up, will either find himself with the upper hand?

Colin Delaney ensured his former mentor, Tommy Dreamer, remembered his protégé still carries a grudge against him for holding him back. On ECW on Sci Fi, Delaney made sure Armando Estrada earned his ECW contract when he helped the former ECW General Manager defeat Dreamer. Moments later, ECW GM Theodore Long informed Delaney that next week, he would face the ECW Original in an Extreme Rules Match on ECW. Will Delaney find a way to survive his former mentor’s specialty?

Hopefully Delaney gets more offense this time, but that's wishful thinking considering he's been treated as a jobber for so long.

Some of these superstars are never seen again

God, I smirked at that a little. I kind of dig the Grisham/Striker team. More Striker than Grish, but I think they have potential. Also the "omg omg it's a reference" dweeb in me enjoyed the Dragon Gate namedrop.

The Vince picture on the wall in Long's office had pretty much his crotch blurred out, I assume it's him wearing a title belt(the blur was distinctly goldish)- but is it the ECW title (original version) or Atttitude era World title? And WHY would it be blurred out? WHY wouldn't they just have a different picture of Vince.

It made no sense

I'm hoping for Colt Cabana, but it will probably be Eric Perez, Afa Jr. or a Kevin Thorn with a new look.

It's not Colt, as he debuts on SD! this week

He does?

I'm hoping for Colt Cabana, but it will probably be Eric Perez, Afa Jr. or a Kevin Thorn with a new look.

It's not Colt, as he debuts on SD! this week

He does?

He's said to be the Scott Goldman listed in the spoilers. The other "jobber" Ryan Riddick/Braddock didn't get an entrance and jobbed to Big Show on one punch. Scott(y) Goldman loses to Kendrick, but hand an entrance. Also there is a possibility that the reporter misheard and it's Scott Colton, but wwe usually doesn't like using real names.

Does WWE deliberately not try to get some of these new guys over? Why take a fun, marketable gimmick like Colt Cabana and make him Scott Goldman/Colton, jobber at large? I think this Braddock jobber is actually Jay Bradley. Never thought he was much in OVW, so if they want to job him out it's no great loss really. But still, why debut new talent and have them get squashed?

A name can become marketable if the person with the name is over enough and is in turn pushed enough. Cabana's name is no different then John Cena as a name in and of itself. Hell, Bill Goldberg is the most generic name in wrestling history and it worked out pretty well for him. There's also many examples of good names for people who went nowhere.

Does WWE deliberately not try to get some of these new guys over? Why take a fun, marketable gimmick like Colt Cabana and make him Scott Goldman/Colton, jobber at large? I think this Braddock jobber is actually Jay Bradley. Never thought he was much in OVW, so if they want to job him out it's no great loss really. But still, why debut new talent and have them get squashed?

Probably because they just planned to use him as a jobber this one time. Cabana probably won't be used on tv for quite awhile after this Friday. Besides that, it wasn't even confirmed if Colt actually got any mic time or an entertance. It might be planned that Kendrick cuts a promo, Smackdown goes to commerical and while at commerical, Cabana enters the ring and gets beat. So I don't think the argument of "Why is WWE already jobbing Cabana out!?" should be made unless WWE decides to completely re-do the Delany gimmick with Cabana.

I ended up watching some of ECW last night. I rented Madden yesterday, so I was kinda playing that while checking ECW out here and there. I did try to watch most of the matches. The extreme rules match was ok, I figured Tommy was gonna dominate but he pulled some pretty cool moves off. I espically liked that singapre cane/suplex (I don't even know what to call it.), that was an awesome move. I enjoyed the Neely/Bourne match as well, good showing by both guys. I didn't watch the Finlay match, but I caught the ending and I figured that'd happen. I caught some of the tag match it seemed like a very solid match, well at least from what I saw, but I didn't see the ending.

It felt like an alright show, but then again maybe it was better, like I said I didn't see the entire show.

Just got around to watching the episode (really only watch it for Evan Bourne matches nowadays) and I must say that while I find Ricky Ortiz boring as hell in the ring, he seems pretty comfortable cutting a promo/having a backstage segment. I guess that's something.