TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  

WWE SummerSlam 2008

Venk is the only Canadian who doesn't like weed. Not that there's anything wrong with that whatsoever.

After Cena's run from 2006-2007 where he ran through every valiuable contender, him dropping 3 PPV's isn't too bad. It doesn't make him look invincible anymore which is for the better.

Plus I thought both wrestlers looked strong, Cena will go over in the rematch.

Actually, Cena's lost 5 times on PPV this year:

1. Triple threat at WrestleMania

2. 4 way elimination at Backlash

3. Night of Champions vs. HHH

4. Great American Bash vs. JBL

5. SummerSlam vs. Batista

I can't believe people are pist off that Cena lost. Who cares.

And Truthiness you don't wanna know.

buncha UTSUs around here...

Whoa now... I have a mind for statistics, but that's where the similarities between myself and that douchebag end. :P And I am not "pist", nor pissed, that Cena lost, even though Toby probably wasn't even referring to me.

HBK/Jericho is too big of a fued to blow-off at a throw away PPV like Unforgiven, I see Jericho starting a mini program with Punk in the meantime (judging by what happened at Raw, that may hold true) and HBK returning costing him the title and we'll get Jericho/HBK at Survivor Series in the 3 Stages of Hell.

Star ratings are totally subjective and mean nothing in the long run, but I'd go somewhere in the middle. I didn't think it was bad at all but maybe I was expecting the worst match ever.

I don't like to do star ratings either, but again I thought they had a nice little match there. It was very smartly worked and even had a couple of cool spots IIRC (Khali just slapping HHH down from the apron was great). I dunno if I'd go as far a 3 stars, but I enjoyed what was there.

This might sound silly to some but why does everyone think Khali is the world's worst wrestler or anything like that? As far as his WWE work goes there is nothing to back up such a statement. His matches with Cena were pretty good, the recent match with HHH wasn't too bad, and the Last Man Standing he had with UT on SD was quite good.

I don't want Khali main eventing Big 4 PPVs by any means, but he's fun in smaller doses.

As far as Cena going over Batista in a rematch, isn't that the exact reason they should have done a no decision at the PPV? Once Batista went over clean at SS, it's blatant that Cena will get the job back if they do a rematch. The no decision would have been trashed by some, but at least it sets up a bigger match down the line where it would be tough to predict who would win.

I think Orton was planned to return by coming out to interfere and help Batista, but given his accident, I think they just gave the win to Batista regardless, in clean fashion.

Actually, Cena's lost 5 times on PPV this year:

1. Triple threat at WrestleMania

2. 4 way elimination at Backlash

3. Night of Champions vs. HHH

4. Great American Bash vs. JBL

5. SummerSlam vs. Batista

Amazingly, IIRC, all those losses were clean too.

HBK/Jericho is too big of a fued to blow-off at a throw away PPV like Unforgiven, I see Jericho starting a mini program with Punk in the meantime (judging by what happened at Raw, that may hold true) and HBK returning costing him the title and we'll get Jericho/HBK at Survivor Series in the 3 Stages of Hell.

I'd rather see Team Michaels Vs. Team Jericho. Preferably, 5 vs. 5